The Queen of the South thread

And they had Dobbie (& O'Connor) in front of them! What a group that was.

And a missed opportunity I always felt. We got our incredible cup run that season and it will never be forgotten but of all the (QoS) sides I've watched at Palmerston that group was the only one I felt could have made it to the top.

And a missed opportunity I always felt. We got our incredible cup run that season and it will never be forgotten but of all the (QoS) sides I've watched at Palmerston that group was the only one I felt could have made it to the top.

I still remember driving back up the road after we beat Livingston (5-1 was it?) to go top incredulously discussing the fact that there was no reason we couldn't win the league. This was inevitably followed by a long winless streak.

I still remember driving back up the road after we beat Livingston (5-1 was it?) to go top incredulously discussing the fact that there was no reason we couldn't win the league. This was inevitably followed by a long winless streak.

Aye that was some game. It was made better by the fact the Livi fuds on here were discussing how Griffiths was going to tear us apart and their casuals came into the ground making a helluva a racket only to be silenced in no time and see their table topping side utterly destroyed by Dobbie and Co. Add to that a Callum Elliot red card and a Jamie McQuilken top bag strike and it was a cracking day.

It was the same season we turned Clyde over 7-1 wasn't it?

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

It was a missed opportunity but the defence wasnt really good enough and unfortunately most of the best form staggered two seasons (back half if tbe Cup Final one and first half of the next one).

The post cup final season was the best chance but we lost O'Connor for good pretty much early in the season and Jamie Adams also and werent good enough at the back. We didnt have a settled keeper, never got a good enough right back all season and Aitken and Thomson were on the wane. Only Harris was really good enough (and probably Reid).

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Word is that we are going to be signing a lad called Alan Martin from an outfit named 'Dumbarton'. Anyone heard anything?

No. I did hear we're about to sign a goalkeeper from Dumbarton though. Dunno if that's true or not.

And they had Dobbie (& O'Connor) in front of them! What a group that was.

Did someone mention MacFarlane, Tosh, O'Connor and Dobbie? Take me back please.

Two things I'll never forgive Mr Chisholm for back then:
1. Starting superstar Kean over Dobbie in Europe.
2. Taking off MacFarlane in Farum for Scott Robertson.

9 years today since that cup final.

Oooft well that's flown past. Much like me along the M8 after the final whistle to attend the wife's best friend's wedding!

13 hours ago, euanQOS said:

Did someone mention MacFarlane, Tosh, O'Connor and Dobbie? Take me back please.

Two things I'll never forgive Mr Chisholm for back then:
1. Starting superstar Kean over Dobbie in Europe.
2. Taking off MacFarlane in Farum for Scott Robertson.

Second the two points made about Chisholm. We might well have won the game if MacFarlane had stayed on. Mind you, the Harris goal after two minutes is still in my top 10 football watching moments, which are mainly Wimbledon-centric tbh. As somebody once said, it was the greatest night ever. (it certainly should have been)

Nine years today since the Scottish Cup Final. Where has the time gone?!!! :bairn

28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I heard he's heading a bit further south than Dumfries.

I can confirm I have also heard this, from a very decent source.

Delighted we won't be facing him next season if it's true.

I can confirm I have also heard this, from a very decent source.
Delighted we won't be facing him next season if it's true.

If he isn't coming here then hopefully it's England rather than Annan. Too good a GK to be playing at that level.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

If he isn't coming here then hopefully it's England rather than Annan. Too good a GK to be playing at that level.

I'd heard England somewhere. If he ends up at Annan it's safe to say that he's massively fucked up.