The Queen of the South thread

17 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

We brought Darren Barr in on an initial 6 month deal in June 2015 - basically to act as insurance against his pretty horrific injury record. I'd imagine the Hilson deal might be similar given how injured he was at Queens.

I've no doubt that it is. Its a very uncommon thing though

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Dobbie doesnt have a history with the club? :lol:

I think we're done

Dobbie is a little different ,don't you think?.

There would be a supporter/director revolt if they tried to get shot of him.

Use a bit of common.

16 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

So is Robinson going to be hanging about like a bad smell?

Hi Kirky(I hope it is your first name) , correct me If I'm wrong but you don't like Robinson.

You've obviously know him personally and dislike him, or does It Just come across that way.

Again can I appeal to common sense (big assumption but) assuming  you have a job and someone says to you you can come in a couple of days a week and we will give you a full weeks pay, you can have every Saturday off.

What would you do

1.walk away from the job and then look for another one. bearing in mind the manager probably won't have a good word for you

Or 2. Say thank-you very much see in a few days time hope you win on Saturday.

Durrrrrrh

Edited by Besty

14 minutes ago, Besty said:

Hi Kirky(I hope it is your first name) , correct me If I'm wrong but you don't like Robinson.

You've obviously know him personally and dislike him, or does It Just come across that way.

Again can I appeal to common sense (big assumption but) assuming  you have a job and someone says to you you can come in a couple of days a week and we will give you a full weeks pay, you can have every Saturday off.

What would you do

1.walk away from the job and then look for another one. bearing in mind the manager probably won't have a good word for you

Or 2. Say thank-you very much see in a few days time hope you win on Saturday.

Durrrrrrh

I was under the impression that most footballers actually preferred to play on a Saturday rather than waste away their career watching Jeff on a Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

I was under the impression that most footballers actually preferred to play on a Saturday rather than waste away their career watching Jeff on a Saturday.

Come on let's be realistic. All that any potential club manager looking to sign him needs to do is look on this forum.

He will never get a job.

If I was him I Just wouldn't take the risk , money first then pride 

Edited by Besty

11 minutes ago, mckenna said:

Hi Besty (I hope it is your first name) , correct me if I'm wrong but you don't like Naysmith.

You've obviously know him personally and dislike him, or does it just come across that way. etc etc

That's all I Need Kirkys setting his big brother  onto me .

I admire  a person  who can think for himself.

Besty, as I explained in an earlier post is in respect of that wonderful footballer George best(I've always had an eye for talent)

As far as Naysmith is concerned  Yes I have  met him personally and yes I don't like what I've met.

What he has achieved at the club to date hasn't changed my opinion of his capabilities.

His stats are poor yet he's still gainfully employed.

If he's still here in Jan I will be the first to say I Was wrong 

Sounds like I've came across perfectly.

So What's your problem.

Edited by Besty

Come on let's be realistic. All that any potential club manager looking to sign him needs to do is look on this forum.
He will never get a job.
If I was him I Just wouldn't take the risk , money first then pride 

Aye I'm sure clubs are saving a fortune nowadays by not hiring scouts and instead using Pie and Bovril to source players.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye I'm sure clubs are saving a fortune nowadays by not hiring scouts and instead using Pie and Bovril to source players.

Yep just like employers  check on social media sites such as facebook before recruiting.

But maybe you weren't aware of that 

By the way it was said in a bout of sarcasm but maybe It went straight over your head, 

Measure twice ,cut once 

Yep just like employers  check on social media sites such as facebook before recruiting.
By the way it was said in a bout of sarcasm but maybe It went straight over your head, 
Measure twice ,cut once 

Have we to assume every stupid thing you say on here is said "in a bout of sarcasm" then?

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Have we to assume every stupid thing you say on here is said "in a bout of sarcasm" then?

Use your intelligence (but for you I'll put a little asterisk against the sarcastic bits *)

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's where I've been going wrong, when he said Robinson was a good keeper I didn't realise he was being sarcastic.

1 minute ago, kirkyblue2 said:

That's where I've been going wrong, when he said Robinson was a good keeper I didn't realise he was being sarcastic.

When you say "where" I've been going wrong ,where were you at the time.

Anyway enough nonsense Kirky my boy

Let's change topic .

Do you fancy our chances tomorrow at Annan

Use your intelligence (but for you I'll put a little asterisk against the sarcastic bits *)

Excellent.

So, Besty comment with an asterisk = talking sarcastically.

Besty comment without an asterisk = talking shite.

Gotcha.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Excellent.

So, Besty comment with an asterisk = talking sarcastically.

Besty comment without an asterisk = talking shite.

Gotcha.

Oh dear, a far better reaction that I could ever have wished for.

Did you know they've taken the word "naive" out of the Collins dictionary 

27 minutes ago, Besty said:

Measure twice ,cut once 

Employers check social media to make sure their potential employee hasnt said anything embarrassing and/or isnt a general dick. They dont go trawling through pages looking for opinions on them.

So, unless Robinson himself posts on here ... oh, wait

31 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Employers check social media to make sure their potential employee hasnt said anything embarrassing and/or isnt a general dick. They dont go trawling through pages looking for opinions on them.

So, unless Robinson himself posts on here ... oh, wait

Oh is that right ,you are so knowledgeable.

As I mentioned it was meant as a gesture of sarcasm , I should have realised that not many could see that.(It's sad  that I even have to explain that)

However, Football is a little different my friend , you see companies outside of football   would not generally have a site where you plaudit or criticise there employees for anyone to see.

In which  case you could not find out people's opinions of the quality of there work.

Could  you answer me this question then , Don't you  think it conceivable  that posters on this site check other clubs posts when a player is signed from there club in order to find out what there previous supporters think.

SO why shouldn't a manager check a site out if he's in any doubt about a player, I probably would

That's strange that as I am called Robinsonn, but as you can see it's double n.*

Edited by Besty