The Queen of the South thread

The first time I saw Queens live at Palmerston was on 2 January, 1960. The opposition that day was East Fife. At half time we were down 0-1 only to run out 5-1 winners. I think Jim Patterson, a QOS version of Messi back in the day (well sort of) scored three or four of the goals. A repeat of that score tonight would do fine. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Be interesting to see what he moves onto now that his "Experienced Centre Back!!" need has been filled. 

Messi would be a disappointment after Dobbie. 

Messi's got a picture of Dobbie on his wall. 

Greenacres still wants an experienced big target man in I think. Maybe Marv consults him about signings. 

1 hour ago, BeeJay said:

The first time I saw Queens live at Palmerston was on 2 January, 1960. The opposition that day was East Fife. At half time we were down 0-1 only to run out 5-1 winners. I think Jim Patterson, a QOS version of Messi back in the day (well sort of) scored three or four of the goals. A repeat of that score tonight would do fine. 

63 years of supporting the Queens ... respect my friend, respect! 👏👍👌😊

3 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Likely to be our only signing announcement to feature a pic of Messi

Aye, I'll bet Efe's got that photo on his wall ... to remind him of the day Messi skipped past him before he even knew he was there ... 😂

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Be interesting to see what he moves onto now that his "Experienced Centre Back!!" need has been filled. 

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not so sure.

According to Wiki, Ambrose is only 6' 3" .

Indeed.

I suspect we're likely to get a series of posts suggesting that we've signed the wrong experienced centre back.

Ambrose is a good short term signing.  Suits both parties in so far as it can be reviewed at January.  I would assume that he still has a bit to offer on the pitch or he wouldn't have signed.  He has a lot of experience under his belt which will be good for the younger players around him.

Was told today we will be bring in a centrehalf on loan from one of the old firm if true could be a game changer and maybe a striker from same team as well it will be after this weekend  thou . 
I said this last night I called the person who told me and he said no the guy coming in is from other side of old firm and it will be a bigger signing which will have people talking .90% done for defender and 70% done for striker ( both Hugh potential) 

2 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Was told today we will be bring in a centrehalf on loan from one of the old firm if true could be a game changer and maybe a striker from same team as well it will be after this weekend  thou . 
I said this last night I called the person who told me and he said no the guy coming in is from other side of old firm and it will be a bigger signing which will have people talking .90% done for defender and 70% done for striker ( both Hugh potential) 

Interesting. Hopefully comes to fruition. 

6 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

That was honking - never looked like scoring.

Just now, Distant Doonhamer said:

Stevie Wonder could see we need a goalscorer. Knowing that and finding one are different things though. 

Aye.  Oodles of possession and yet the only attempts that I can recall their keeper having to deal with were a shot from our left back and Reilly's header.

Is it time to worry yet?

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Stevie Wonder could see we need a goalscorer. Knowing that and finding one are different things though. 

Why the need for disablist posts? 

34 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

That was honking - never looked like scoring.

Far to many passes from defence to midfield and back again.

Even when we get a free kick we don't fire it into the box  we again over pass  the ball to create nothing 

We must have had 90 % of the ball but did nothing with it far to slow in everything we done .

Plenty of poor corners.

Reilly works hard but his pen sums his night up I just can't see him getting 10-15 goals for us 

Desperate for height and goals  up front we must add quality before the big kick off.

The Alloa game is going to be similar to tonight they like East Fife will sit in and hit us on the break. 

Paton hit 4 goals for Queens Park tonight  how will we replace him very difficult .

Edited by Greenacres