The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

Yesterday’s highlights on Queens Park YouTube:

That is genuinely the most baffling penalty award I've ever seen.

Also, Connelly looked like he was being a dick towards their goalkeeper after our second.

25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Also, Connelly looked like he was being a dick towards their goalkeeper after our second.

I think Lee does to their keeper exactly what the keeper did to him on the diving booking a minute or so earlier.

25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The view from the Royal Box seems to indicate it was a definite penalty, not so obvious from the stalls. 

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think Lee does to their keeper exactly what the keeper did to him on the diving booking a minute or so earlier.

Too far away for me to see but was it simulation? Sometimes such incidents don't necessarily have to be simulation or penalty just a coming together of players. 

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Too far away for me to see but was it simulation? Sometimes such incidents don't necessarily have to be simulation or penalty just a coming together of players. 

Wrong end for me too, though I'd have been closer than you. Never thought it was a penalty, looks more a foul on the video than it did live. Didnt really think it was a dive either but not sure. As much as I love Lee he has a dive in him.

4 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Was meaning to ask, what was Paton behaving like during our game the other day?

Very quiet I would say, nothing contentious anyway, just went about his business. Didn't really have many scoring chances that I can remember (apart from pen) but was busy as usual. Didn't really acknowledge the QoS support, and they didn't engage with him too much either, but that's fair enough on both sides. 

19 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Very quiet I would say, nothing contentious anyway, just went about his business. Didn't really have many scoring chances that I can remember (apart from pen) but was busy as usual. Didn't really acknowledge the QoS support, and they didn't engage with him too much either, but that's fair enough on both sides. 

Paton always came across really well in interviews hope he goes on and has a good career.

Our problem is how do we replace him .

I think I have mentioned this but we definitely need another option up top 

Maybe time to look at our 2 loan options.

5 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Was meaning to ask, what was Paton behaving like during our game the other day?

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Yeah, this largely. I forgot he was playing after about 5 mins (and barely noticed Dom Thomas either). He neither acknowledged, nor antagonised the Queens support as far as I saw. I think there was a bit of booing for the penalty, not sure it was any more or less than if someone else had taken it. He didn't really have any gilt edged chances other than the penalty. Took a couple of pot shots from the edge of the box that were blocked, had an effort at the end of injury time when he was probably offside that skidded a foot or two wide. Not sure the flag ever went up on that but then the same linesman let Kieran McKechnie run through and score before he put his flag up in the first half and he was about 3 yards off, so it not going up doesn't really mean much!

Spoke to him pre-match and wished him well outside the day obviously. Didn't see him post-match.

17 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Any update on any incomings player wise? And are we likely to get one in before Saturday?

Marv did say he had 2 loan options hopefully he can get them  in this week .

Both have to be forwards I have mentioned this before many times must be good in the air .

In other news i just walked past Palmerston the sign has not been updated..

Apparently a third party changes the sign surely we should look at the cost of this as why bother with the sign i can't see it will get more fans in only Queens winning games of football will do that .

Edited by Greenacres

As you know Airdrie are having a gap year in the championship this season,  messrs McCabe and Fordyce played at this level with yourselves,  it is a massive step up from League 1 , how were they for yourselves or were they found out at that level..

Good luck this season, League 1 gets slagged off and gets little media coverage unless your Falkirk,  but it's not a bad league, helluva difficult to get out of though..

21 minutes ago, Passionate said:

As you know Airdrie are having a gap year in the championship this season,  messrs McCabe and Fordyce played at this level with yourselves,  it is a massive step up from League 1 , how were they for yourselves or were they found out at that level..

Good luck this season, League 1 gets slagged off and gets little media coverage unless your Falkirk,  but it's not a bad league, helluva difficult to get out of though..

I liked Fordyce when he arrived but wasn't sad to see him go. Thought he didn't look as sharp near the end. Be interesting to see how he does with yourselves as he's obviously done well. 

McCabe was very much a 'if he stays I'll be content but I couldn't care if he goes'. Looked fine if unspectacular. I'd certainly be more concerned about Fordyce than McCabe. 

1 minute ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Apologies if I've missed it, but are the new kits in the club shop? Might treat myself to that smashing away shirt on Saturday. 

Still waiting on delivery from Macron. 

12 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Apparently Hibs recalling Johnstone as temporary cover due to two of their 'main' goalkeepers getting injured last night. A recall for Charlie Cowe?

Cowie was on the bench at Queens Park last weeks, must have been recalled already. Johnston not in that squad (afaik) 

17 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Apparently Hibs recalling Johnstone as temporary cover due to two of their 'main' goalkeepers getting injured last night. A recall for Charlie Cowe?

I'm sure he'll be delighted with that (Cowie). He'll/he'd have got plenty of action at Gretna but conceding 5/7 goals every game will also be soul destroying. Thankfully Botterill has looked fine so far so it's not a major blow.