The Queen of the South thread

1 minute ago, ALOREBURNE said:

We’re getting beat by part time teams whose players have been grafting all week.  He’s just trying to make any excuse now to save his skin. I do think he cares but I can’t see any way back for him now after that interview. 

But that's expected of PT players. I'd like to think as FT professionals our players aren't doing things in their downtime that can negatively effect their performances. I'm in no way defending Bartley but once he's gone that kind of amateur behaviour is still going to be here from some of our players, which is quite concerning. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

But that's expected of PT players. I'd like to think as FT professionals our players aren't doing things in their downtime that can negatively effect their performances. I'm in no way defending Bartley but once he's gone that kind of amateur behaviour is still going to be here from some of our players, which is quite concerning. 

100% agree, I don’t think certain players give a flying f**k about the club tbh. 

18 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Contradicts himself with moaning about players doing coaching in their spare time when he himself is never off our tv screens with his punditry work 

"Being a manager is a 24 hour job"

Unless you've got a televised game to cover.

Edited by Slipmat

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The difficulty now is that Bartley's own conduct has become unprofessional.

You can't behave like that in an interview and expect to command respect and support.

Exactly this. His position is now untenable. So he’ll likely be in charge for a while yet. What a fucking club we are. 

2 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

100% agree, I don’t think certain players give a flying f**k about the club tbh. 

Sadly, it's the feeling I get from that interview (along with other stuff of course). "I'm FT but it's only Queens". 

Watched the first few minutes of Bartley’s interview there and it’s remarkable. It was hard to see where he went after a result like that but a manager being so direct and open with his criticism usually only means one thing. Why on earth are the club interviewing him for 15 minutes though? I get they need to put something out but what good does it do the club to release that rather than just a standard quick interview after a defeat like most other clubs? Baffling.

I said on here a couple of weeks ago that sacking Bartley wasn't the correct option for QOTS but it does seem a long way back now for him and i think after listening to that interview it will be the end. Feel for him a bit as he does come across as a really good guy and I think he has potential to be a really good manager maybe he's not ready yet. He might have to work his way back up the coaching ranks now and maybe in 5-10 years he might be given another chance by someone. Only problem for QOTS is who do you go for now? It's already written in the script for you to get the new manager bounce against us and to beat us at NDP in 2 weeks time.

4 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

Have they missed mimnaugh at all ? 

I don't think one player could suddenly turn us around but aye, absolutely. From the early games I saw him in he was my MotM about 90% of the games. A huge loss tbh. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think one player could suddenly turn us around but aye, absolutely. From the early games I saw him in he was my MotM about 90% of the games. A huge loss tbh. 

heard he was playing well prior to his injury the reason I asked results wise they have went badly downhill 

To be fair to Bartley some of the points he makes are probably fair re a lack of professionalism but it’s not stuff for a public forum and calling out players by name  isn’t the way forward. Sadly it seems he has lost the proverbial dressing room and as such it’s time to go. As a full time club in the  3rd tier of Scottish football our league position is utterly dismal. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

TL;DR - You've insinuated I've had a pop at a group of people which I haven't. If you must pick an argument with me at least argue with something I've actually said. 

Some interview from Bartley. Quite telling as well. I expect he'll get slated for it but he hasn't said anything untrue unfortunately. It's absolutely amateur from our players if they're not doing what's instructed off the pitch and it's the usual shite mistakes on it. As bad as things are and I'm not defending Bartley - does anyone on here truly believe these mistakes will disappear if we bring someone else in? 

You've insinuated I've had a pop at a group of people which I haven't.

REALLY ?

YOU SAID  -

That's where I used to sit and have moved. Pathetic area of the ground tbh. Even the rare time we scored they wouldn't even bother to get out their seats to celebrate. 

2 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

heard he was playing well prior to his injury the reason I asked results wise they have went badly downhill 

I don't think we'd be sitting 3rd comfortably if Mimnaugh was fit but based on what we saw I'd imagine if him and Brydon (our best CB who's also crocked) had been regular starters for us then we wouldn't be in the mess we're in. 

9 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

You've insinuated I've had a pop at a group of people which I haven't.

REALLY ?

YOU SAID  -

That's where I used to sit and have moved. Pathetic area of the ground tbh. Even the rare time we scored they wouldn't even bother to get out their seats to celebrate. 

Give it a rest mate. You've made a massive reach on the back of one comment. I clearly wasn't having a go at people with disabilities. 

Edited by 19QOS19

19 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

It's already written in the script for you to get the new manager bounce against us and to beat us at NDP in 2 weeks time.

It’s really not. 
And there’s no guarantee we won’t still have the same manager in any case. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

That interview reminded me of the one that John Hughes done for Raith Rovers years ago where he rambled on about how 'some footballers today don't care'.

I can't see anyway back for him after that but I don't see the sense in the club pointing a camera at him and making him do a 15 minute long interview when emotions are running high and he's likely to say things he really shouldn't.

To think I brought my Leith-born 14-year-old son up to support Queen of the South instead of the team all his pals support. Tales of Queens in cup finals (even the Mickey Mouse Challenge Cup ones) and Europe just seem like cruel taunts now, when contrasted with the pitiful facsimile of a football club passing itself off as Queen of the South these days.

Whatever we think of Bartley, that interview is an excruciating embarrassment for the club, in every respect.

What an absolute shambles of a club we are now, from top to bottom, from boardroom through management to the dressing room; from our dilapidated decaying ‘stadium’ to the imposters masquerading as professional footballers that purport to represent us. Just send the bulldozers in and have done with it.

Edited by Frankie S