The Queen of the South thread

you poor b*ggers,

i honestly thought your team would be up there challenging  , Is it just bartley ? players ? how is church ?

we seem to have beneffited more from having your reject McKay than you seem to have had with him (church ) never thought i would say itinitially but there you go ..

18 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

you poor b*ggers,

i honestly thought your team would be up there challenging  , Is it just bartley ? players ? how is church ?

we seem to have beneffited more from having your reject McKay than you seem to have had with him (church ) never thought i would say itinitially but there you go ..

The players clearly aren't playing for him/have no idea what his system is supposed to be. Other than passing it sideways and backwards our side looks lost any time I see us play. The buck stops with Bartley. I still think we have a decent enough squad for this level but he has absolutely no idea how to get the best from them. 

Church has been injured for the most part tbh so it's hard to give a fair assessment. 

Would you have Willie Gibson back as manager? He ran and controlled the game today, maybe easier when you are not player manager. Thought it was funny when he came over to take a corner first half and he got a few shouts of gaffer and was engaging in match chat with our support at the corner flag.

We finished the game how we should have started with a 442 when Docherty and Reilly both up front, didn't see the 2 in first half with Connolly playing behind Reilly and not getting close enough. Compare that with Goss and Smith, much closer.

MB plays a system and believes in a system whether it works or not and won't change it until late on in games when we are chasing. He could have changed it at half time but instead went for a like for like change when switching to a front two may have been better.

Also disappointed with MB at full time, after abuse he received didn't expect him to come over and acknowledge the fans but he walked into pitch 20 yards and then just stared at his players as they walked past, thinking who he was going to blame

Jesus wept. I know everyone predicted this but still. Waking up to see that we lost is still a bit of a shock. f**k the cost, get him punted now. Honestly. The actual cost to terminate him is now irrelevant.

I said a couple of weeks ago that the only way I could see him getting sacked would be if we lost our next two matches, against Stirling and Annan.

Well we didn't quite lose both, but one point is a lousy return, especially when that point didn't come against the club we really could not afford to lose to.  

Hanging onto him is looking ever more risky.

29 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Would you have Willie Gibson back as manager?

No I wouldn't. If he played he'd be a step up from Bartley but no thanks. Also he might keep the ubiquitous "Bertie" (Grant Murray) as assistant.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

QOTS have been giving me Accies last season vibes for the majority of the season. A very young squad with a young unproven manager and an outgoing board does seem likely It's going to end like us in finishing 9th and going down in the playoffs. I think QOTS would really struggle against a Spartans or a Peterhead. If you were to go down surely you won't be able to stay FT it's hard enough to be FT in league 1 it will be almost impossible to be FT in league 2 and it already gives the potential new directors/owner a very hard start. Could relegation also put the potential new investors off? My prediction of predicting QOTS to win the league at the start of the season looks worse and worse every week ...

Just now, Ian Mcleod said:

My prediction of predicting QOTS to win the league at the start of the season looks worse and worse every week ...

I'm not sure there would have been a single QOS fan seriously predicting we'd win the league (happy to be corrected on that) but equally surely very few of us predicted just how bad it would be.

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I'm not sure there would have been a single QOS fan seriously predicting we'd win the league (happy to be corrected on that) but equally surely very few of us predicted just how bad it would be.

Yeah at the time I just thought that Bartley was going to do really well in management and get the most out of you're players however it's clearly not worked out. Also never trusted Rankin and just thought Falkirk would find a way to slip up again. At least I was 33% correct 😂

9 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I bet on us winning the league but that's in keeping with my betting record that the club has made an arse of it (and I've lost cash)

11 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Don’t be ridiculous. Gibson was a terrible manager but sadly Bartley is turning out even worse. 

Isn't Gibson in his own trouble and that's why he ended up leaving QOTS? Didn't he also make a cocky post earlier this season taking a dig at you're fans and Bartley? The last thing QOTS need right now is another unproven manager like Gibson. Both Accies and QOTS need to be looking at trying to bring in someone experienced however you also need to be careful that you don't get a complete dinosaur. 

Just now, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

I bet on us winning the league but that's in keeping with my betting record that the club has made an arse of it (and I've lost cash)

At this rate we'll be favourites to win league 2 next season. I wouldn't be risking any cash on it.

9 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

QOTS have been giving me Accies last season vibes for the majority of the season. A very young squad with a young unproven manager and an outgoing board does seem likely It's going to end like us in finishing 9th and going down in the playoffs. I think QOTS would really struggle against a Spartans or a Peterhead. If you were to go down surely you won't be able to stay FT it's hard enough to be FT in league 1 it will be almost impossible to be FT in league 2 and it already gives the potential new directors/owner a very hard start. Could relegation also put the potential new investors off? My prediction of predicting QOTS to win the league at the start of the season looks worse and worse every week ...

Well, last summer I was impressed with Accies recruitment most out of any club in the division and thought you were going to win the title with Falkirk a distant second.  I couldn't foresee Queens being outside the top 4 and would have thought anyone suggesting we'd be 4 points off the play-offs with 8 games remaining as being slightly disingenuous.  If they had said they meant four points off the relegation play-offs I would have thought they were on the wind-up.  I mean, we couldn't possibly be that pish... could we?

15 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Isn't Gibson in his own trouble and that's why he ended up leaving QOTS? Didn't he also make a cocky post earlier this season taking a dig at you're fans and Bartley? The last thing QOTS need right now is another unproven manager like Gibson. Both Accies and QOTS need to be looking at trying to bring in someone experienced however you also need to be careful that you don't get a complete dinosaur. 

We're due to have a go of John Hughes. Given we're at our worst in decades then now is probably the right time to compound the misery.