The Queen of the South thread

On 04/06/2024 at 13:30, Rjc-1988 said:

Arguably the most important position to get right and we jump in with both feet and sign a keeper who has barely played in the past few seasons. I don’t remember much about his previous time with us but the appearance stats don’t exactly give a ringing endorsement of his credentials. I can’t understand why we didn’t seek out a good loan option. Premier clubs have third choice keepers that desperately need regular game time many of whom are very highly rated. Feel sorry for the barrage of criticism but none of us want to witness a repetition of the last few seasons.

The most important position to  get right is get a forward who can get  you goals .

Last season we had a top class keeper but look how that turned out .

I will add that will be the most difficult signing Murphy will make .

17 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

The most important position to  get right is get a forward who can get  you goals .

Last season we had a top class keeper but look how that turned out .

I will add that will be the most difficult signing Murphy will make .

How do you think the season would have turned out if Queens hadn’t had a top class keeper?

1 minute ago, Artemis said:

How do you think the season would have turned out if Queens hadn’t had a top class keeper?

We would have gone down but my point was we did not win enough games because we had no goal threat. 

We need to somehow get someone in who can get us goals.

Hopefully a bit more positive this one. Haven't heard any rumours at all. Could possibly be Connelly if he decides to stay? Someone like Jordan Allan would be nice and surely realistic. 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Hopefully a bit more positive this one. Haven't heard any rumours at all. Could possibly be Connelly if he decides to stay? Someone like Jordan Allan would be nice and surely realistic. 

Same, no rumours flying about at all. Fully expecting a Carlisle youth player on loan at some stage. 

Just now, ALOREBURNE said:

Same, no rumours flying about at all. Fully expecting a Carlisle youth player on loan at some stage. 

It's certainly a huge signing. We've seen nothing from our current strikers to suggest they're going to fire us to promotion so hopefully someone with a decent record. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

If it's an update rather than a new signing it's more than likely Connolly...

Has Irving left yet?...

9 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

Yeah, I'm thinking Connelly ...

Is Lee Connelly a striker tho?

3 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Is Lee Connelly a striker tho?

Think that's the biggest issue with Connelly, no one has seemed to find his ideal position. I'd be happy if he was signed to play up front tbh. 

32 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

A welcome update for me would be that Doherty & Hutchinson have been persuaded to leave.

Would’ve been 3rd choice striker at Arbroath this season.

He will run around all day long and is a bit of a presence and I really quite liked him and thought he was decent but plenty of Arbroath fans not really of the same opinion as me as you’ll see when we announced he was leaving. 

Experienced and knows Scottish football well which is a plus. Didn’t score too much last season (6 but Arbroath terrible season to be fair) but seems he was a mainstay in the team (39 appearances). 

McIntosh had rejected terms on his second-year contract option, and left the club to pursue full-time opportunities elsewhere.