The Queen of the South thread

I agree, I think Douglas would be a good signing and I would hope it was for the season rather than just six months. I think we should just accept Lee is away and all move on.

I don't think Lee will come back to Queens.

Queens have another closed door friendly on Wednesday against Clyde before the fans get the change to see the team play next Saturday against Annan away.

I am ready looking forward to my trip to Annan next week.

Think I'm the only one who doesn't want Rab Douglas. Nothing against the man and sure he wouldn't let us down but would prefer an up and coming goalkeeper. Seen Grant Adam a few times for the Scottish under 21's and always seemed quite decent. Would be happy with that signing,

Think I'm the only one who doesn't want Rab Douglas. Nothing against the man and sure he wouldn't let us down but would prefer an up and coming goalkeeper. Seen Grant Adam a few times for the Scottish under 21's and always seemed quite decent. Would be happy with that signing,

I'm with you mate. Reckon we need someone younger who will be there s bit longer than 6 months. Wasn't impressed with Douglas the last time I saw him play.

Maybe Lee coming back in the New Year ?

I don't think Lee will come back to Queens.

Never say never, but I doubt it especially when you can earn more money playing 2nd tier football in Sweden than in Scotland. Apparently he is going to see how he gets on then has an option to sign a long term deal.

A lot of fitness work, monitoring the players and making sure they are following their programs he makes up. Yes, we need one, he was the reason the squad were in such good shape last season.

Indeed. I cant believe anyone would question if we need such a position at the club given the fitness levels of the squad last year.

And, yes, it is a requirement of our Club License to have one

It was noticeable last season that he always did warm down's with those that had been substituted. I would imagine that injuries where low last season not just due to luck but a lot of hard work on his behalf.

Nice of him to come across and watch.

Guest Flash

Douglas would be a tremendous signing. Anyone saying otherwise can't have seen Dundee playing in the last five years.

I've seen Sean O'Connor playing in the last 5 years and I wouldn't want him back.

I've seen Sean O'Connor playing in the last 5 years and I wouldn't want him back.

Well no, I don't think we should go down the route of signing players who have retired through injury either.

I don't think we should be writing people off based on the word of John Brown either, bearing in mind he is a complete imbecile.

Guaranteed clean sheet on the opening day for Queens if you sign Rab. Followed by a ten match suspension as he gives John Brown a beat down in the dug out at full time.

Guest Flash

Well no, I don't think we should go down the route of signing players who have retired through injury either.

I don't think we should be writing people off based on the word of John Brown either, bearing in mind he is a complete imbecile.

Exactly - you can't base the decision on how he was playing 5 years ago (or even 2 years ago which is the last time most of our fans will have seen him doing anything of any note) and you can't base it on Brown's decision. But we can't just assume Brown has made the wrong decision, the manager needs to see him playing.

I don't know if he will be any good or not, but I 'm not assuming he is just because he used to be. And we can take what Dundee fans say about him with a pinch of salt after the experience of St Mirren fans telling us that Gus would have the team super fit, well organised and difficult to beat.

Exactly - you can't base the decision on how he was playing 5 years ago (or even 2 years ago which is the last time most of our fans will have seen him doing anything of any note) and you can't base it on Brown's decision. But we can't just assume Brown has made the wrong decision, the manager needs to see him playing.

I don't know if he will be any good or not, but I 'm not assuming he is just because he used to be. And we can take what Dundee fans say about him with a pinch of salt after the experience of St Mirren fans telling us that Gus would have the team super fit, well organised and difficult to beat.

Rab leaving Dundee had nothing to do with his ability. He just had an opinion that differed from Brown's and told him so.