The Queen of the South thread

No, you're missing the point.

You are fully entitled to your opinion. But I haven't seen yours in relation to the player.

All I have seen so far are sarcastic comments about a Spanish goalkeeper and a suggestion I should phone the manager. It might have been better if you had said you thought the guy was decent and cited some evidence for that, rather then make sarcastic comments about posters who were only expressing an opinion about what they had seen last season.

Having a contrary view is perfectly acceptable. Attacking people for expressing a view is a completely different thing.

Ok if Antell was the keeper that was playing in the 2-2 draw I think it was at Palmerston at the tail end of the season then for me I don't think he could of done much to prevent the goals and I thought he looks fairly decent but hard to judge against a rampant QOS side that boasted a pretty tremendous goalscoring record.

I probably wouldnt be. I wasnt hugely impressed with the signing of Dowie. Either, both, or neither might prove me wrong. I was impressed with Russell and I would have liked Cardle. Higgins, Im a bit non-plussed about.

Im not really sure what you're point is. Is there some sort of law that says we have to be impressed with every signing made?

No law whatsoever. If your not impressed with him signing then fair enough but I think it's abit unfair if he's being judged on his performances against us.

What else are we meant to judge him on?

I think that's for the manager to decide not really the fans. IF he does sign I'd like to think we'd give him a chance. An example I made before would suggest its not always the wisest to judge a player when playing for another team.

Ok if Antell was the keeper that was playing in the 2-2 draw I think it was at Palmerston at the tail end of the season then for me I don't think he could of done much to prevent the goals and I thought he looks fairly decent but hard to judge against a rampant QOS side that boasted a pretty tremendous goalscoring record.

I was right behind the goal. For the second, he absolutely shit it, Clark shouldn't have been anywhere near the ball.

I think that's for the manager to decide not really the fans. IF he does sign I'd like to think we'd give him a chance. An example I made before would suggest its not always the wisest to judge a player when playing for another team.

The manager makes the decision to sign a player but fans have the right to express an opinion whether the right decision has been made. Of course, the player in question deserves the support of the fans. I've only seen Antell once and was not very impressed. However, if he signs I'll get right behind him and hope he turns out to be an inspired signing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

The manager makes the decision to sign a player but fans have the right to express an opinion whether the right decision has been made. Of course, the player in question deserves the support of the fans. I've only seen Antell once and was not very impressed. However, if he signs I'll get right behind him and hope he turns out to be an inspired signing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

You'll not get an argument from me there. My point was to flash and mr x could they name a player who they would rather see on trial or signed. I also made the point of saying that I don't think it's fair to judge a player on previous performances against us, that's my view. If you and others want to judge him and express your opinions on him then you are entirely free to do so but you can't expect everyone to agree with you. I also understand that he's a young lad so he has time on his side to develop.

You'll not get an argument from me there. My point was to flash and mr x could they name a player who they would rather see on trial or signed. I also made the point of saying that I don't think it's fair to judge a player on previous performances against us, that's my view. If you and others want to judge him and express your opinions on him then you are entirely free to do so but you can't expect everyone to agree with you. I also understand that he's a young lad so he has time on his side to develop.

Why are you interested in who the fans want?

Thought these useless posts had stopped.

I'm just interested to see who they had in mind?

Oh I'm sorry am I not allowed to post if I'm not in the right clique?

You can post what you like but I find that type of post pointless as I've had countless ones aimed at me.

First comes the slagging dismissing everything I say then suddenly my views are sought, who would you pick then?

Try to be more civil and you will be treated likewise.

You can post what you like but I find that type of post pointless as I've had countless ones aimed at me.

First comes the slagging dismissing everything I say then suddenly my views are sought, who would you pick then?

Try to be more civil and you will be treated likewise.

And I'm sure Calum Antell thinks queens fans are being civil towards him as well judging him on previous performances against a team who boasted a tremendous goalscoring record.

To be honest I've supported queens long enough now and I think every season I hear this about a player were looking at or have signed. Andy Dowie barely had his shoes off at the door and queens fans were disappointed at the signing. I also remember a friend of mines slagging off Steve Bowey before he had kicked a ball for us. It's just typical of queens fans IMO.

That photo is from the first goal, not the second.

Yep, but it was just to illustrate that he "shit it" for a 6.2" keeper and only 5 yards off his line , he didn't cover himself in glory. The second header was from about a yard out and was arguably just as bad.

Edited to say, for what it's worth in the 3 game he played against us I think he made a few really good saves, but on crosses he looked very weak.

Edited by Hawk

I might be one of a few but ano he didn't look that great against us but he's a young guy, and I would hope that if he's training everyday and not just twice a week, he might get more confidence and become a better keeper. I would rather have a young guy that can improve his ability than someone who's past his peak.