The Queen of the South thread

Lets be honest about one thing here . JM got a right easy ride at the manager/ fans meeting but this was to be expected . There WAS the opportunity to take him to task though and NO ONE did . Along with the usual couldn't make it which is fair enough, there will be some that could have made it but didn't want to have to take him to task , face to face , preferring to put their points of view on the internet. Fair comment ?

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

The reason most would have said you should finish 6th/7th is because your squad just isn't very good, you look at every other full time side and you can pick out 3-4 players that are better than anything you have , there the guys that win you games. You have a squad full of competent yet nothing special championship players, you need a bit extra if you want to be competing higher in the table.

And the reason Alloa are higher than you is that they are having a good season, you guys are having a slightly under par season. No manager deserves to be sacked a few months into the job for being slightly bellow expected standards. Fair enough if it last 2-3 seasons with you kicking around just above the play-offs but that hasn't been the case.

BTW I don't think I'm being original here at all, but you have been told for 6 months + to temper your expectations yet your delusions still exist.

Ok mate

The reason most would have said you should finish 6th/7th is because your squad just isn't very good, you look at every other full time side and you can pick out 3-4 players that are better than anything you have , there the guys that win you games. You have a squad full of competent yet nothing special championship players, you need a bit extra if you want to be competing higher in the table.

And the reason Alloa are higher than you is that they are having a good season, you guys are having a slightly under par season. No manager deserves to be sacked a few months into the job for being slightly bellow expected standards. Fair enough if it last 2-3 seasons with you kicking around just above the play-offs but that hasn't been the case.

BTW I don't think I'm being original here at all, but you have been told for 6 months + to temper your expectations yet your delusions still exist.

Speaking from a position of spectacular ignorance in relation to the Queens fans on the thread...

but doing it anyway.

Lets be honest about one thing here . JM got a right easy ride at the manager/ fans meeting but this was to be expected . There WAS the opportunity to take him to task though and NO ONE did . Along with the usual couldn't make it which is fair enough, there will be some that could have made it but didn't want to have to take him to task , face to face , preferring to put their points of view on the internet. Fair comment ?

After the Morton game some thought we may have turned the corner so that may be why he got an easy ride.

Anyway, what would be the point of taking him to task, taking the BOD to task is a better option.

Guest TOPFITTER

There was also the opportunity for those who could be arsed to forward questions for possible inclusion. Those who turned up got first dibs at questions for the Top Table which I think is the correct way. Guess you were working or forgot to send in a question JR ?

Yes but you see our 'competent yet nothing special championship players' are by and large young lads who have (or had) an awful lot of potential. They were beyond special in League One last year - actually brilliant - and how they are playing right now is a step down from where they were last year. Do not mistake this for me saying that they are achieving less than last year (though obviously they are).

Achieving less can be attributed to playing against better teams. Playing at a lower personal level cannot (at least not for this group). Our wingers are less inspired, our forwards less energetic, and our defenders less confident. It is not that our team has maintained its prior levels but is up against better sides; our overall levels have dropped. So that is a concern, and then we recall that these are mostly young players who should be bounding forward, and even against better teams they showed last year that they can step up a gear and then another gear again, and yet under Jim McIntyre they have withdrawn into themselves.

In terms of the squad this is the main problem.

There are other arguments against Mr McIntyre to do with team selections, his personal conduct, etc. but someone else can take these.

Our team was good in 2nd div last season but we are an average 1st div team , players like Mcguffie ,Carmichael, lyle and Derek young are really good second division players but are average first . Fans have to realise we aren't going to be as good as last season I would be happy to stay up , considering we lost our top goalscorer and our goalkeeper plus having burns and McKenna injured we have been doing ok , I didn't expect us to go away to raith and win we weren't good but some of the shouts by fans are horrific , once we get our best team together we will give anyone a game , McKenna made a massive difference when he came on him and burns have to start next week, felt mcshane played better when McKenna came on as he got the ball down a lot more Derek young just wasnt at the races yesterday neither were Durnan , holt, lyle , Carmichael , Higgins , russel and Mitchell

Guest TOPFITTER

Well done topfitter for organising this opportunity though that probably was not taken full advantage . Maybe if I had tried harder a couple of weeks beforehand to organise babysitters , I would have made it.

thanks mate, hope our season takes off soon.

A selection of McIntyre moments of genius.

Signing Antell.

McGuffie in midfield.

Dropping Durnan.

Higgins at left back.

Dropping Mitchell.

Selecting McShane.

Dropping Paton.

Persisting with Lyle.

Not picking Reilly.

Moving McKenna to be an attacking midfielder.

Playing Russell on the left wing virtually all the time.

The stubborn determination not to pick a team as close as possible to the one that won the Second division does not mark him out as his own man. It marks him out as an imbecile.

For a start dropping Mitchell an Durnan was deserved Durnan got a stupid red card , and Mitchell was terrible at start of season, Paton being dropped is a good thing as he has been terrible too, don't see why your slagging these decisions off , at start of season fans were raving about lyle and McKenna playing in them roles, mcshane maybe deserve to start played a blinder for reserves so deserved his chance , and playing russel on left isn't bad he's effective out there when he wants to be an when played uptops against Cowdenbeath he wasnt involved our beat team the now should be . A 4-5-1

Clark

Mitchell Durnan Higgins holt

Carmichael McKenna kev rusell

Burns

Reilly ,

Although if Durnan or Higgins play like they did yesterday next week I would drop one and being dowie in who has only had really one bad game and got dropped. Reilly is our best option upfront does a hell of a lot of running and helps the team a lot , lyle isn't good enough to play uptops on his own

The great leader once had 12 players on the park in a derby game with us......I kid you not.......therefore the dropped ball incident yesterday came as no surprise to us.

He also ordered Sammy the Tammy to shoot at Raith Fans in a tank.Just a sick twisted man.

Guest TOPFITTER

He also ordered Sammy the Tammy to shoot at Raith Fans in a tank.Just a sick twisted man.

That was actually hilarious I thought ( Didn't hear any complaining at the time from Raith fans, they seem to have a sense of humour) how the Pars Announcer got away with the sound effects without censure from the SFL surprised me. Sammy The Tammy = Mascot Legend. I still remember him sledging down the Norrie steps on a tray and nearly killing himself !!!!

Slightly o/t but Queens related.

Had to get a taxi late last night into A&E at Glasgow Royal ( family emergency thing, and no not a fight! )

Taxi driver was one Mick Dunlop who played one season 83/84 for us under Drew Busby.

Raised some interesting points

Club was really badly run at that time, really scathing about WH.

Poverty pleaded when it came to training, kit etc. but no expense spared when it came to directors nosh ups on away trips.

Drew Busby had the tactical awareness of a dungbeetle.

Left after only one season because didn't like the travelling. This may be true but I saw most of the games that season and can't really recall him, so suspect he would have been punted anyway.

Said we had some really good players, mentioned Jimmy Roberson, Nobby Clark, Billy Gorden, Graham Robertson and a few others. Said we were as good as any team in the league but because didn't train as much as others were less fit and lost many games late on. Plus ca change?

An interesting wee chat.

Relax! I don't think it was a real tank with real shells, or was it the Raith fans who were in a fish tank and Sammy was shooting them? Either way, definitely not sporting.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Relax! I don't think it was a real tank with real shells, or was it the Raith fans who were in a fish tank and Sammy was shooting them? Definitely not sporting.

from the time you would think It was http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/146118-the-highly-offensive-tank-routine/page-2

I was standing next to a family of four, mum dad and two sons,(aged roughly early teens) and when the arsehole annoncer started playing machine gun noise over the sound system one of the sons was very upset, we then found out his older broher had died in afghanistan!! The dad wasn't too pleased and imediatly responded and was straight away involved with police. So yes certain people wouldve easily been offended. No reasom for an idiot dressed in a furry suit to want to immitate a tank at a football game. Oh one more question what the f**k is sammy the tammy suppose to be?? Apart from a fud! Mascots are suppose to represent something to do with ure club?

:lol:

Slightly o/t but Queens related.

Had to get a taxi late last night into A&E at Glasgow Royal ( family emergency thing, and no not a fight! )

Taxi driver was one Mick Dunlop who played one season 83/84 for us under Drew Busby.

Raised some interesting points

Club was really badly run at that time, really scathing about WH.

Poverty pleaded when it came to training, kit etc. but no expense spared when it came to directors nosh ups on away trips.

Drew Busby had the tactical awareness of a dungbeetle.

Left after only one season because didn't like the travelling. This may be true but I saw most of the games that season and can't really recall him, so suspect he would have been punted anyway.

Said we had some really good players, mentioned Jimmy Roberson, Nobby Clark, Billy Gorden, Graham Robertson and a few others. Said we were as good as any team in the league but because didn't train as much as others were less fit and lost many games late on. Plus ca change?

An interesting wee chat.

Hi Willie, I am sure Dunlop was a forward and not a good one either as I remember. Talking about not seeing the game out as you say, there was the infamous 5-3 defeat at home by Stirling Albion after being 3-0 up with twenty mins to go.

Listen doonhamers different game......it's quite lively up hear ya know......there's been a few incidents over the years but the great leader is a w****r ....honest....you will find him out.