The Queen of the South thread

Hope the gaffer sees something in Lovejoy at training during the week that has convinced him to get him signed up for a further season cause I can't really believe it's diwniad to the match performances lately!

Wonder who's next to get tied up??

It's a good policy to sign up the best early tho, might make a little dosh on transfers a thing we have messed up if late.

On a more positive note the Queen of the South Arena is looking stunning, what a facility for the club and area and a sure money maker for the club.

Onwards and Upwards.

I haven't decided whether or not to go, but every home game takes me about 3 hours in travelling time at a total cost of more than £40. If I choose to do something else because the football is shite due to a clueless manager who has wrecked our team, I don't think I have to justify that to anybody.

There are thousands of people in Dumfries who never go. Instead of moaning at long distance fans who are disillusioned with the idiot, the cheerleaders should get themselves to the pubs in Dumfries on a Saturday afternoon to round up all the stayaways.

Totally agree flash, by the time I get down to Dumfries and back, and get a ticket it's about £60 so got other things the Misses would be happy to spend it on, than watch a clown take charge of the team.

Hope the gaffer sees something in Lovejoy at training during the week that has convinced him to get him signed up for a further season cause I can't really believe it's diwniad to the match performances lately!

Wonder who's next to get tied up??

It's a good policy to sign up the best early tho, might make a little dosh on transfers a thing we have messed up if late.

On a more positive note the Queen of the South Arena is looking stunning, what a facility for the club and area and a sure money maker for the club.

Onwards and Upwards.

The pictures look fantastic & I know a couple of lads who played on it on Wednesday night & they say it's superb .

One small negative though , why are Queens using that old fashioned & cheap looking club crest on their new pitch & indoor facility ? It looks very dated & pretty amateurish IMO .

As for the contract extension of Ian McShane , I have to agree it's rather bizarre . The manager must see something in him that we don't , just like Mr Antell ;)

The bigger worry is who is actually going to sign for next season?

My guess the majority will be away. They signed for this season before Johnston left fully anticipating to be playing the same way as last season. Instead, they have had to put up with the shambolic selections and formations imposed by McIntyre. I can't see many of them wanting another season of this.

So, after ruining the team this season, he will probably dismantle it in the summer. Which then makes me wonder how the reast of this season will go.

Just about everybody thinks it is a stupid decision.

Why not wait till the end of the season to see how he has progressed, if he was outstanding then I could understand it.

The guy clearly has a slate loose.

Thats the bit I dont understand ... why now? Especially as he was poor on Saturday and again on Tuesday night. Why not wait until after Christmas at least?

I suppose, being very generous, that others have been offered new contracts, McShane just happens to be the first to sign. Yes, that must be it!

Thats the bit I dont understand ... why now? Especially as he was poor on Saturday and again on Tuesday night. Why not wait until after Christmas at least?

I suppose, being very generous, that others have been offered new contracts, McShane just happens to be the first to sign. Yes, that must be it!

First and last, probably.

Had 15 mins to reflect on this news, WOW what is he thinking. He has had a handful of decent games in his time at queens yet gets offered a long term deal in our current situation. My gripe isn't what Mr X says above about maybe he is just first to accept as he hasn't done anything to warrant to get a new deal. Of course he is going to snatch your hand off for a new deal as it will likely be on improved terms as he is now a first team regular and it's not like interest would be high on current form. IIRC he had a pretty bad injury last term that ruled him out for months if this comes back we are lumbered with somebody that quite clearly isn't good enough for another 18 months and they are injured. FFS. THE SEETHE!!!!

I take it from your reasoning that you have every confidence in JM then?

Considering we've been watching this group of players as fans for upwards of 18 months, 12 of which were record-breaking, and McIntyre has dismantled it beyond recognition in 5 months, I think I'll stick with the tact that he is a clueless idiot thanks.

Presumably McShane would've been on a low wage at the start of the season as him signing was a bit of a "punt". I'd imagine this new contract will have put him on a par wage-wise, with similar aged first team regulars. As stated though the timing is bonkers, unless he had a clause to be due a new contract after x amount of appearances?

None of the above explain why he's been given a longer contract than far better and far more established players.

Considering we've been watching this group of players as fans for upwards of 18 months, 12 of which were record-breaking, and McIntyre has dismantled it beyond recognition in 5 months, I think I'll stick with the tact that he is a clueless idiot thanks.

Presumably McShane would've been on a low wage at the start of the season as him signing was a bit of a "punt". I'd imagine this new contract will have put him on a par wage-wise, with similar aged first team regulars. As stated though the timing is bonkers, unless he had a clause to be due a new contract after x amount of appearances?

None of the above explain why he's been given a longer contract than far better and far more established players.

Thats another possibility. Tuesday night was his 15th start and 18th appearance overall.

Still odd that its until the end of next season, rather than this.