The Queen of the South thread

Hi guys, id appreciate it if you won today, then guaranteed 4th by beating Alloa on Saturday before resting your players and lying down to us last game, in return I'll be forever greatful and you'd be my favs, we did help you out by beating Falkirk ????, deal ?

Great result today if not a particularly great performance. On another issue I hope the police identify the person from the so called 'young team' who let of the 'banger' today. I would have liked to have seen the whole lot of them put out tbh. Might be harsh on some of them but this needs to be stopped. Every week there is some sort of incident and we don't need this at Palmerston. Everybody enjoys the singing and drumming etc so keep it to that and if you can't don't come to palmy!

Great result today if not a particularly great performance. On another issue I hope the police identify the person from the so called 'young team' who let of the 'banger' today. I would have liked to have seen the whole lot of them put out tbh. Might be harsh on some of them but this needs to be stopped. Every week there is some sort of incident and we don't need this at Palmerston. Everybody enjoys the singing and drumming etc so keep it to that and if you can't don't come to palmy!

This. Turf the lot of them out if they cant behave or police their own group. Any sympathy for them, after their accusations of harassment, has gone now.

Really nervy second half after going ahead. Queens really struggled to get out their half. However, as others have said, Falkirk were powder puff up front and, like Rangers and Hibs before them, could still be playing and not have scored.

Who'd have thought at the start of the season that Lyle would be our top scorer and closing in on 20 goals!

Pretty daft saying to chuck them all out. Although letting off bangers at the last two home games is ridiculous and they need to get a grip,lots of fans seemed to turn on them after today.

Edited by QosLoyal

Just this^^^
Pretty daft saying to chuck them all out. Although letting off bangers at the last two home games is ridiculous and they need to get a grip,lots of fans seemed to turn on them after today.
Why they're probably all in on it. Just imagine if we where to get a points deduction for something like this.

If they themselves don't identify who did it then they have to be dealt with as a group. Today was a perfect example - somebody let something off and one of the group is already on Facebook apologising saying it was a newcomer and they knew nothing about. Even if I believed that (which I don't) it happened right next to them. They could have identified this 'newcomer' to the police when they came over but they didn't. Every time something like this happens it's always somebody else's fault apparently. Pish! Stop doing it, report the people that are doing it or stop coming!

I would have agreed a couple of months back. But I don't believe for a minute that the majority of the group aren't aware of who did it today and Thursday. They should be having a word with them. The stupidity shown by them is starting to outweigh the benefits of their singing IMO.

I was right next to the away fans today (in the terrace on Thursday) and my heart went ten to the dozen when it went off today. I thought it was bigger than Thursday's. So feck knows what kind of effect it coulda had on someone with a dodgy ticker. I did notice after it today that a woman went running down to a young lad in front of the numpties who let it off, as he must have been holding his ears. Hopefully nothing too serious.

Time to grow up lads. It's not just a harmless bit of fun.

Edited by 19QOS19

If they themselves don't identify who did it then they have to be dealt with as a group. Today was a perfect example - somebody let something off and one of the group is already on Facebook apologising saying it was a newcomer and they knew nothing about. Even if I believed that (which I don't) it happened right next to them. They could have identified this 'newcomer' to the police when they came over but they didn't. Every time something like this happens it's always somebody else's fault apparently. Pish! Stop doing it, report the people that are doing it or stop coming!

Time for these morons to be banned from Palmerton lots of young kids and families around that area got a hell of a fright today, surely someone new who let it off.

I would have agreed a couple of months back. But I don't believe for a minute that the majority of the group aren't aware of who did it today and Thursday. They should be having a word with them. The stupidity shown by them is starting to outweigh the benefits of their singing IMO.

I was right next to the away fans today (in the terrace on Thursday) and my heart went ten to the dozen when it went off today. I thought it was bigger than Thursday's. So feck knows what kind of effect it coulda had on someone with a dodgy ticker. I did notice after it today that a woman went running down to a young lad in front of the numpties who let it off, as he must have been holding his ears. Hopefully nothing to serious.

Time to grow up lads. It's not just a harmless bit of fun.

No place for this behaviour the culprit needs identifying and prosecuting

No, not really. As others have said, if the group arent prepare to identify the culprit then get rid of them all. They've done something that could not only get the club into trouble but will put other fans off coming at, almost, every home game for months now. Enough is enough

Just this^^^

Why they're probably all in on it. Just imagine if we where to get a points deduction for something like this.

There's the standard knickerwetting reaction and then there's that.

It's a bit thick bring a banger to football game when the police and stewards are going to be on to you like a rash. They seem to think that because they make a bit of noise on occasion that they get some divine right over other fans. It seems like they don't think they are doing anything wrong and are taking the Green Brigade victim mentality when the police actually do their jobs.

Not really much the club can do other than tell them to stop being fannies and possibly for other fans to either call them out or don't stand near them.

I agree with the consensus view here.

It's a shame because these guys do add colour and apart from the similar incident on Thursday, they added significantly to the occasion.

I know that the behaviour can be anti-social though and today's incident certainly falls into that category. I was in the main stand and it was bloody loud. God knows what it's like if you're in the vicinity. I saw a bloke carrying a small child away to the side soon afterwards.

I was also struck by the fact that police and stewards homed in afterwards. I'd have thought that having some nearby in the first place, might have been an idea after Thursday. I'd also have thought that having CCTV cameras trained on the area would be sensible and might prove helpful.

I really hope the group can police themselves, but if not, restrictions will need to be imposed.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

It's a bit thick bring a banger to football game when the police and stewards are going to be on to you like a rash. They seem to think that because they make a bit of noise on occasion that they get some divine right over other fans. It seems like they don't think they are doing anything wrong and are taking the Green Brigade victim mentality when the police actually do their jobs.

Not really much the club can do other than tell them to stop being fannies and possibly for other fans to either call them out or don't stand near them.

Why? Why should other fans be dictated too where they stand because of these idiots?

Presumably, the little boy who had his hands over his ears for a long time after todays incident was to blame because he chose to stand behind the goals? :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, are you one of them?

To be honest I don't mind the smoke grenades if we've just scored a goal or there's a big atmosphere at the game. However, the bangers are just pathetic and make folk shit their pants and destroy the atmosphere - rather than make you chuckle and have a good experience.