The Queen of the South thread

No fee had been agreed due to Dundee's laughable offer so it was going to a tribunal. I've no idea if it has taken place or not.

Aha, are we holding out for three match balls and a set of training bibs?

Conroy essentially has two attributes, he's a good set-piece taker, and an excellent crosser of a ball. Playing him in the middle means he's never in a position to deliver crosses, and reduces him to a passenger.

If Fowler has signed him to play centrally, then I'm afraid you'll be disappointed.

Conroy essentially has two attributes, he's a good set-piece taker, and an excellent crosser of a ball. Playing him in the middle means he's never in a position to deliver crosses, and reduces him to a passenger.

If Fowler has signed him to play centrally, then I'm afraid you'll be disappointed.

Millar and jacobs in the middle i would think. Depending on formation of course.

I see Bob McHugh has rejected a contract offer from you guys.

How many more signings do you guys expect to make after the 3 yesterday?

I think queens are to sign 2 more players. That's what I have heard anyways

I see Bob McHugh has rejected a contract offer from you guys.

How many more signings do you guys expect to make after the 3 yesterday?

If true, I'm happy with that in all honesty. I never really rated him. He was by no means bad, but I can't say I'd be happy relying on him for goals. He played two blinders in the play-offs against you guys (his winner at Palmerston being an absolute stotter) but out with that was so-so IMO. Others will disagree.

Squad that started last season compared to now

Kerr => Millar

Baird => A Smith

Dzierzawski=> Pickard

Mitchell=> Hooper

Clark=> Thomson

Paton=> Conroy

Carmichael => Skelton

Holt => Rutherford

Reilly => Higgins

Durnan => Brownlie

McShane=> ??

McKenna=> ??

Slattery=> ??

I might have got some wrong. Subject to that, it looks like we are currently 3 down on the squad that started last season, in particular no replacement for McShane so far. I appreciate that we managed without a numer of players last season due to injury and loanees, but it wouldn't seem to be a good idea to deliberately start the season with 3 fewer players. Anyway, the above might allow a rough comparison.

How do you think this list is shaping up now Flash? It looks to me like it might be completed.

It sounds by all accounts as if Jacobs is a similar player to McKenna, and I don't really think Slattery is worthy of inclusion in your list. I think Hilson is probably more of a similar player to Carmichael than Skelton, leaving Skelton as a replacement for McShane.