The Queen of the South thread

The price is relative to what the players are getting paid. If young players are getting a small wage, as is strongly rumoured how can we then ask for a large fee?

So you don't think the minimum fee at a tribunal would've been at least the reported £40-50k ?

Christ we paid £50k for John Stewart

At the reported value, I wouldn't be happy with unless there was some add ons

Yes, I do. Thats why I said they would be better off going to a tribunal.

The price is relative to what the players are getting paid. If young players are getting a small wage, as is strongly rumoured how can we then ask for a large fee?

This again? Holt was a member of the first team squad.

How is what the younger players, who were also in education, we're paid relevant?

This again? Holt was a member of the first team squad.

How is what the younger players, who were also in education, we're paid relevant?

I never mentioned younger players who were also in education.

My understanding is that any monetary settlement is made up of a multiple of years at the club, games played and existing wage. So even if a player has a few years and a fair few starts then if his wage wasn't high then the total value wouldn't be particularly high.

Maybe the club have decided it was better to accept what Scumdee offered just in case things went against them at a tribunal.

Anyway it's all just speculation as there'll only be a few who know exactly what the fee is and how it was agreed.

The point is that these days, the value to be had from young players is pretty much a question of what you can derive from them on the field when they're still with you. And in those terms, we've done ok.

I'm a little sore that sides like Hamilton, Falkirk and Livingston can get bigger fees, but the reality is that despite moving up in the world, our guys have not excited English interest, rendering any fees modest.

I think that the way modern football's obscene wealth is distributed is entirely regrettable, but in that hideous reality, we probably can't consider ourselves too hard done by this summer.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

What bollocks is talked by posters who haven't a clue about compensation. Move on...

We could have a decent squad if the young signings fulfil potential.

Certainly better than FFC and RFC our nearest rivals.

No more signings needed.

MT you talk shite sometimes!

FFC get Fee for players because they are under contract.

The money we get is compensation for young development players. A bit different.

Yes, you're right but the fact is that our players are not attracting the kind of attention that makes wealthy (in other words English/Welsh) clubs offer money while such guys remain under contract.

I don't honestly think we can look to make serious money from moving our own players on, unless we're prepared to commit to contracts that will usually make little sense to either us, or the player.

MT you talk shite sometimes!

FFC get Fee for players because they are under contract.

The money we get is compensation for young development players. A bit different.

Wrong as usual I'm afraid. We got £215,000 for Mark Stewart, which was purely compensatory

The Queens squad fly out to La Manga in Spain on Sunday.Wonder now if that is the squad complete no more signing.

Would imagine at least 1 more player will be signed.

In the free market a big marauding beast of a full back like holt should be worth circa 250 .....it is a shame than queens got next to heehaw for him. My own club Falkirk have always done well selling players as have Hamilton who are arguably a smaller club than queens . Dont understand why a successful club like queens with a high profile at the moment are getting stung for their best players

In the free market a big marauding beast of a full back like holt should be worth circa 250 .....it is a shame than queens got next to heehaw for him. My own club Falkirk have always done well selling players as have Hamilton who are arguably a smaller club than queens . Dont understand why a successful club like queens with a high profile at the moment are getting stung for their best players

Because our players have joined; Dundee, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Hibs and Ross County, not English Championship teams with considerably more money.

I don't derive any particular enjoyment from how much money our directors have in their bank accounts. What I do enjoy about football is seeing my team win, and watching exciting players. There's been a lot to enjoy of late.

I trust the board have made an astute decision. Certainly more than I trust figures bandied about on a Mad site or in one of our red top rags.

If I hated the mad site as much as you then I would stay away from it . Strangely , you can't though. The guy that mentioned the 35k fee on the site - who I know- is always pretty accurate. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG