The Queen of the South thread

Supersouth - i am tending to agree with you on subject of Conroy.

For me he is a luxury player but compared to say Danny Carmichael - Danny did a great job defensively and always got back goalside and invariably battled really hard when he didnt have the ball.

Conroy is a decent player with a good touch and a great left peg. Right foot is for standing on.

I think he has a part to play but when we are battling for every scrap or point at the moment am not convinced.

I also think Mark Millar is another player who needs to produce a lot more. Very talented player with a great shot but a shot that very seldom hits the target.if my stats are correct he scored one solitory goal at Alloa last season but nothing this season. Even at the FFS recently I watched him nearly take a supporter's head off with an off target shot - to his credit he jumped the barrier to apologise (nice touch) then proceeded to hit another 3/4 shots massively off target nearly killing supporters en route. It is the same in games he winds up with a terrific back lift and then proceeds to miscue or pull them harmlessly wide of target. I rate him but he is seriously flattering to deceive and needs to be one of our key men as a player of his ability should be.

To be fair not many players are really standing out but I agree that Hillson is a very big miss. As for Tapping I dont know what he can offer but I think we have to learn lessons - it is a big gamble to sign players with his injury track record.

We had a decent right back and fowler punted him to clyde

He wasn't up to the championship level, part time 2nd div is his level now.

Mitch was a good player at Queens but was always better going forward than defending.

What's going on with tapping? Injury plagued last season and this season is injured long term again. Possibly won't make it past January window if he doesn't get up and running .

There could be more than him away if the team doesn't get up and running by then!

When you sign a player on loan do you not play him ?Coogans why does he not get a game ?ISurely he can,t be any worse than we have just now !!!

Was he not brought in on loan to train with qos and for the manager to have a good look at him for the future whilst he moved back North (was he not homesick).

Surprised that he didnt feature in last weeks reserve league game tho.

Anyone know where Jimmy Robertson is?

http://www.qosfc.com/news-2970

Can't believe what I've just read . Shouldn't the commercial team at least tried to speak to him BEFORE announcing he was now a Hall of Fame member . Our table was only confirmed last week after we knew he'd been chosen and were really looking forward to meeting him . If we can't be tracked down what's the situation with a refund ?

I take it we're entitled to one ??????

Sorry but this is a bit shambolic . I know it's nothing to do with you SD by the way .

Is it any wonder the commercial guys get stick at times ;)

Can't believe what I've just read . Shouldn't the commercial team at least tried to speak to him BEFORE announcing he was now a Hall of Fame member . Our table was only confirmed last week after we knew he'd been chosen and were really looking forward to meeting him . If we can't be tracked down what's the situation with a refund ?

Sorry but this is a bit shambolic . I know it's nothing to do with you SD by the way .

How about contacting the commercial team direct rather than constant criticism on here - I'm sure they'd be delighted to talk to you.

Jimmy is currently on holiday but was apparently delighted to hear he was chosen to be in the QoS hall of fame he will be in contactvwith the club soon, sure he will be attending the night.

Jimmy is currently on holiday but was apparently delighted to hear he was chosen to be in the QoS hall of fame he will be in contactvwith the club soon, sure he will be attending the night.

Excellent dude .

Source ????

Are you seriously trying to blame the Commercial Dept for not having contact details for everyone to have played for Queens at some point in the past? Or are you just suggesting they should contrive the results of a poll to make sure the winner is someone they know they can find?

What an absolutely ridiculous post. Robertson won election in a free vote and they then set about trying to find him. Having exhausted direct possibilities they made an appeal using social media which seems entirely reasonable. It's also yielded a result and apparently he's currently on holiday / honeymoon but has been made aware of it and will be in touch on his return. There is not and cannot ever be any guarantee of individual attendance. If the event had happened to fall while he was away on honeymoon he wouldn't have been there either. There's nothing remotely shambolic about that.

I'm sure if you want a refund the Chairman and Commercial team would be happy to talk to you about it directly rather than you having yet another tiresome and needless go at them on here.