The Queen of the South thread

Well done to Queens to only lose 2-1 to Rangers. We lost the game but it seems that does not come into it. Do we still get a point for trying so hard not to lose Still can,t believe some fans think we will make the top 4

We have the look as things stand of a comfortable mid table side in my view. That said almost 3/4 of the season to go and while I don`t think we will be top 4 it`s too soon to write us off IMHO.

What odds are you offering on that bet?

We have the look as things stand of a comfortable mid table side in my view. That said almost 3/4 of the season to go and while I don`t think we will be top 4 it`s too soon to write us off IMHO.

What odds are you offering on that bet?

You would actual put money on Querns finishing in the top 4.

This is looking like I could have a good holiday next summer never thought making money was so easy.

Think the team can take heart from yesterday. Battled well, limited rangers to little chances and at times knocked ball about well ourselves. We had a very young side out and they should be proud of themselves for sticking to the game plan. Credit to hooper, Pickard and Hutton who I thought were excellent but was a real team performance. Hopefully we can kick on a bit, with players to come back in and some staking a claim for a place yesterday. Four vital games coming up that could go a long way to deciding our season.

Mon the south

Think the team can take heart from yesterday. Battled well, limited rangers to little chances and at times knocked ball about well ourselves. We had a very young side out and they should be proud of themselves for sticking to the game plan. Credit to hooper, Pickard and Hutton who I thought were excellent but was a real team performance. Hopefully we can kick on a bit, with players to come back in and some staking a claim for a place yesterday. Four vital games coming up that could go a long way to deciding our season.

Mon the south

The average age of the starting 11 was just over 23, 21 if you take out Lyle and Higgins. The bench was just 21, including 33 year old Heffernan. Take him out and it was just 19!

Northfield is one of the biggest panic merchants going best just to let him get on with it. Next 4/5 games will determine whether we will be in the mix or not if we can get a run of wins then there's a chance. Raith form has been great so far but they will falter at some point I would think ,we need to be there to capitalise on it.

This run of four games are vital as are the home games v raith and Falkirk this quarter. If we do well in them and maybe get something away to st Mirren although there's nothing to say we will after last time. I think we'll be right back in mix. Just in time to hopefully get few players in we need in January

I believe we could finish fourth Raith have had great start to the season which will hopefully stutter and we only the 4 points off Falkirk and 4 points ahead of St mirren. it's too early to call but we are in with a chance next few fixtures may well help consolidate and strengthen our position of 5th and challenge for 4th

You would actual put money on Querns finishing in the top 4. This is looking like I could have a good holiday next summer never thought making money was so easy.

As previously stated i don`t think we will make top 4 though IMHO too early to rule that out.

Thus it would depend on the value of the bet i.e what odds you are offering.

Even money and i wouldn`t take it, I doubt many would .

Make it 100/1 and I suspect a good many people might have a wager on that.

It`s not that hard to understand.

I thought Hutton was outstanding yesterday and could be a great player for us if he maintains that level of form. Hooper and Lyle played well too.

Unfortunately young Smith up front didn't look ready for this level yet.

It was also good to see Gav Reilly in with the 200 Queens fans.

I seen Queens lose pathetically in two winnable home cup games. I saw us lose to Rangers yesterday. This team will be 7th or 8th at best. Fowlers tactics are not helping either.

Watched three games, witnessed three defeats. You are a jinx please stop watching QoS!

I would like to thank Queens fans for not only selling us Holt - who has scored in his past 2 games and is recovering well from a sticky spell and a period out the first XI, but for also selling Mark Durnan to Dundee Utd. Quite how Durnan managed to garner a reputation as a promising and competent centre half at Queens is beyond me and his comedy cuts defending could see you lining up against the Arabs next season.

I can only hope you are enjoying the services of ex Dundee players like Ryan Conroy (who played a glorious pass at the weekend there) and Derek Lyle who got another good goal.

I hope this mutually beneficial relationship can carry on.

Del Boy has always been a Doonhamer. We only lent him to you ;)

Durnan is a quality defender and will come good. The last time I saw him he was in beside a young defender like himself. I'm unsure if that's still the case but for me he would do better in beside an experiences player. The boy has the attributes to be a top defender and having watched him for some time I wouldn't be writing him off this early on :)

Holt is a quality left sided player. Enjoy him while you can as he won't be at that level for long.

Edited by 19QOS19

I thought Dundee Utd looked ill advised at the time for him and I've unfortunately been proven correct, Lame duck manager with a pretty young defence with a bombscare keeper is never conducive to solid performances. McShane seems to have fallen out of favour at County too but, it is a pretty difficult midfield to break into though.

Zander Clark looked to fill in pretty ably as well for Mannus when he got banned. Definitely poised to take over in the future.

I would like to thank Queens fans for not only selling us Holt - who has scored in his past 2 games and is recovering well from a sticky spell and a period out the first XI, but for also selling Mark Durnan to Dundee Utd. Quite how Durnan managed to garner a reputation as a promising and competent centre half at Queens is beyond me and his comedy cuts defending could see you lining up against the Arabs next season.

I can only hope you are enjoying the services of ex Dundee players like Ryan Conroy (who played a glorious pass at the weekend there) and Derek Lyle who got another good goal.

I hope this mutually beneficial relationship can carry on.

I don't remember playing any part in the decision to sell either player.