The Queen of the South thread

Since posting this i have heard from one of the players its only 1.5 hours 4 times a week!

No wonder we are so bad what can the team/players expect to gain from that type of training! Get them in double sessions minimum until the can prove they want to play for Queens if they aint happy with that get Rid.

Depends whats in there contract about training

Next season may be the time to move training back to Dumfries full time.

We could source players from north of england

I know connolly tried that before but with right person in charge it could work

Can`t see any benefit in that TBH.

It`s about the quality and perhaps duration of the training rather than the venue.

If it`s true the players only train 90 minutes each session then that`s an absolute joke. Taking the piss.

Can`t see any benefit in that TBH.

It`s about the quality and perhaps duration of the training rather than the venue.

If it`s true the players only train 90 minutes each session then that`s an absolute joke. Taking the piss.

Major cost saving is a benefit. Wouldnt cost a penny to hire palmerston or arena

At the moment we pay for broadwood

Things are not great, but I don't think we should be soiling our pants just yet.

Sourcing players from the north of England should always be a consideration. However, Connolly must have given everybody from that neck of the woods a shot with very mixed results!

No, let's see how the next month pans out before we press the panic button.

Major cost saving is a benefit. Wouldnt cost a penny to hire palmerston or arena

At the moment we pay for broadwood

Increased cost of travel expenses if most players were still central belt would offset that to some extent. We`ve tried it before and there`s a reason we keep going back to training in central belt. Just my opinion though.

Fair comment but 90 minutes is taking the piss in my view.

I agree, although that is up to the manager and the players to address. I would expect the players themselves to be taking some ownership in this regard.

Guess we are just trying to get to bottom of whats going wrong.

Maybe is just the management team

I know what you are saying DC and I am as pissed off as everybody else. However, I think we should keep calm.

Results have been disappointing, particularly as we have had a strong team for more or less the last four seasons. That said, it is the start of a new cycle and we have to be patient. The last time there was such an upheaval we were relegated, but we took a step back to come back much stronger.

I can't see us being relegated, but equally I can't see us troubling the play off spots unless we turn things around soon.

I know what you are saying DC and I am as pissed off as everybody else. However, I think we should keep calm.

Results have been disappointing, particularly as we have had a strong team for more or less the last four seasons. That said, it is the start of a new cycle and we have to be patient. The last time there was such an upheaval we were relegated, but we took a step back to come back much stronger.

I can't see us being relegated, but equally I can't see us troubling the play off spots unless we turn things around soon.

While the results have not been good its the performances that concerns me.

No fight and players look uninterested

Wasted wages on new signings that cant get into team

Am afraid it lands at managers feet

Next season may be the time to move training back to Dumfries full time.

We could source players from north of england

I know connolly tried that before but with right person in charge it could work

Then lose all the players from central Scotland.

He started 3 games and didnt really do very much, certainly not enough to justify starting him ahead of Smith or Hilson.

The fact that we spent money on him is totally irrelevant

The question then becomes - why did we spend money on him when he doesn't really do very much?

The question then becomes - why did we spend money on him when he doesn't really do very much?

He disappointed since he signed but he had a decent reputation and is a good age. Its also early days. He hasnt played well so far but theres plenty of time for that to change.

And, even if he doesnt, Fowler will hardly be the first or last manager to bring in a player and have it not work out.

I think Fowler has proven himself well at getting a team to stick together and play well last year but it is his first season at building his own team so I expected mistakes. The senior players have been in situations like this before and hopefully can pull us through this bad period and rebuild.

Players we have from central belt this season are our problem

Our best player so far is from north of england in Jordan Marshall

And players from the central belt have also saved us from relegation, helped us get to Cup finals and qualified us for playoffs. Where players are from is not the reason we're in the situation we are in.