The Queen of the South thread

We are not going to reach the play-offs, nor are we going down. Time plan for next season I think.

Exactly , this season was always going to be a major challenge after losing so many good players in the Summer .

This is not a time for slagging off the players and manager . Frustrating as it is , the club needs our continued support throughout the remainder of the season

I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest to me that the massive five point gap to Raith Rovers in 4th cannot be bridged. Coming on here after we have just been robbed of a hard earned point away at the division's form team by a shocker of a decision, at the halfway point in the season, to declare 4th an impossibility is plain daft.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest to me that the massive five point gap to Raith Rovers in 4th cannot be bridged. Coming on here after we have just been robbed of a hard earned point away at the division's form team by a shocker of a decision, at the halfway point in the season, to declare 4th an impossibility is plain daft.

I didn't say it was impossible SD. However, I really cannot see us grabbing a a play-off spot unless we bring in a few more players in January. In my opinion we are very unlikely to do so, I am not saying that is a bad thing, but we have to be realistic.

Therefore, I think we should give a few of the youngsters a good run in the team as it can only benefit us in the long run.

Do you fancy a bet on that.

NO what a surprise

Will give you whatever odds you want .

4th isn't out of the question because Raith aren't great, but the gap, with a game in hand, is significant. Last minute goals last night and today have obviously not helped with that.

I think we probably won't bridge it, but it's possible. Equally though, the likes of Dumbarton might overhaul us, leaving us in a position that feels threatening.

We could really do with Hilson and dare I say it, Tapping if we're going to have a stronger second half to the season.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Exactly , this season was always going to be a major challenge after losing so many good players in the Summer .

This is not a time for slagging off the players and manager . Frustrating as it is , the club needs our continued support throughout the remainder of the season

Agreed. We did well today and I would never get on the player's backs, particularly as we lost a number of important players. Those that have come in are, or have taken time to settle and of course Hilsdon and Tapping have been unlucky with injury. Let's not forget those that left in the summer got their chance (in the main) when we started cost cutting.

That is not a criticism of the players or manager but in my opinion we need to look to next season. I am not talking about wholesale changes, but what is wrong with giving a few of the young guys a run of games?

By doing so results are likely to be up and down, but they are at the moment anyway.

Good to see that most of the Queens players that left in the summer haven't exactly been setting the heather on fire at their new clubs.

Holt was dropped last week for Dundee, McShane has hardly featured for County, Carmichael has been injured and hardly featured for Hibs, Durnan has struggled at Dundee United and Reilly has been used sparingly at Hearts.

Edited by RUSTY1111

Good to see that the most of the Queens players that left in the summer haven't exactly been setting the heather on fire at their new clubs.

Holt was dropped last week for Dundee, McShane has hardly featured for County, Carmichael has been injured and hardly featured for Hibs, Durnan has struggled at Dundee United and Reilly has been used sparingly at Hearts.

That's good to see?

I'd rather every player that left us went on to do well for themselves..

Good to see that the most of the Queens players that left in the summer haven't exactly been setting the heather on fire at their new clubs.

I was just thinking about that.

Is it really good to see though?

Queens are now pushing for a top 4 Is there still any mad Queens fans who think Queens will make the top 4.Just staying in the league will do me.If we go out the cup in Jan then Fowler has to go.We play poor defensive football under Fowler.The A.G.M. is it not far away wonder if Fowler will get it easy this season

I for one have not given up on it. As said it's 5 points not 25. I agree with points made in we could do with a good January transfer window and the injured coming back to us.

5 points. We can haul that back . It's not impossible. The doom and gloom of some is depressing

That's good to see?

I'd rather every player that left us went on to do well for themselves..

Yeah, that is quite bizarre.

Personally I think they will take time to bed in.

By all accounts each of them started well, with the exception of Carmichael who has not had much of a look in. They are all SPL standard players and will prove that in the next season or two.

Does this not prove that none of them was that great? Yes, there were good for us, but despite what we thought at the time, they were maybe not as difficult to replace as we thought.

Fowler was unlucky with Burns leaving and the injuries to Tapping and Hilson. But, overall, he hasn't done a great job. And the shitfesting for varying lengths of period in games is making us unattractive to watch and is losing us points.

It would be somewhat typical for us to finish outside the top 4 this season and for reconstruction to happen.

I didn't say it was impossible SD.

I know. I was referring to Northfield, not you.

Do you fancy a bet on that. NO what a surprise Will give you whatever odds you want .

Are you for real? If Oliver scored when clean through last Friday and Rovers hadn't been handed a 90th minute penalty last night we'd be level with them now. We'd be a point ahead but for today's last minute controversy. I realise that's all ifs and buts, and I'm not saying we're playing particularly well, but it's plain madness to write off as impossible something which plainly has small margins in it at the halfway point.

I don't necessarily think we'll get 4th (though I also don't see any particular reason why we can't) but I'll take your bet. I'll have £1 at 1,000,000-1 please since I can have whatever odds I want.

I know. I was referring to Northfield, not you.

Are you for real? If Oliver scored when clean through last Friday and Rovers hadn't been handed a 90th minute penalty last night we'd be level with them now. We'd be a point ahead but for today's last minute controversy. I realise that's all ifs and buts, and I'm not saying we're playing particularly well, but it's plain madness to write off as impossible something which plainly has small margins in it at the halfway point.

I don't necessarily think we'll get 4th (though I also don't see any particular reason why we can't) but I'll take your bet. I'll have £1 at 1,000,000-1 please since I can have whatever odds I want.

At those odds, I'm prepared to risk anything up to and including £3.41.