The Queen of the South thread

I wonder what the strip manufacturer will be next season, I quite like joma but wouldn't mind a big name like Nike, not sure if we would get a decent deal from the big company's though.

Nah lets not go there again. I seem to recall a large amount of whining when we did have Nike strips that they were the generic ones and not specially designed.

Nah lets not go there again. I seem to recall a large amount of whining when we did have Nike strips that they were the generic ones and not specially designed.

Hope it's better than this year's strips whatever we get. Can't be much worse I would think.

He usually does over christmas but this year he chose to spend it with Taylor Swift rather than get pictured by mutants in tesco buying broccoli . Tough choice really.

Are the Swifts not originally from Lincluden?

I see Durnan was sent off last night for a professional foul on Reilly, and Reilly was MOM in some reports. Durnan seems to have had most game time of all our ex-players, but by all reports has not impressed. I thought Reilly would have the hardest job to get into a good Hearts team, but Neilson seems to like him. McShane hasn't made the bench for last couple of games, Carmichael has barely been fit. Holt seems to be doing OK. And I'm still waiting to see if Dobbie ever scores for Bolton.....

I see Durnan was sent off last night for a professional foul on Reilly, and Reilly was MOM in some reports. Durnan seems to have had most game time of all our ex-players, but by all reports has not impressed. I thought Reilly would have the hardest job to get into a good Hearts team, but Neilson seems to like him. McShane hasn't made the bench for last couple of games, Carmichael has barely been fit. Holt seems to be doing OK. And I'm still waiting to see if Dobbie ever scores for Bolton.....

Dobbie has scored once for Bolton already. He came on as a late sub against Forest in August and scored a last minute equaliser.

I must admit that i thought the players that left us last last season would have done better.

Jim McIntyre was desperate to get McShane but has hardly played him and given the results it is hard to argue. Durnan has virtually been an ever present but the DUFC fans dont seem to fancy him one bit. Danny has waited patiently for his big move but has not been fit to make a name for himself. Holt has more or less been a fixture in the Dundee side but seems to have been a bit inconsistent. Gavin has played well in last two games - time will tell.

We would cretainly welcome any permutation of them back in a heartbeat but it perhaps goes to show that there is still a jump from top end of Championship to Premier League despite all the negativity surrounding our top league.

Seem to have missed that one. I imagine Neil Lennon is into 'schoogly peg' territory unless he turns it round, pretty soon.

I realise that when players move on I should 'let go', but I can't help glancing through the scores and teams, just checking.....

Seem to have missed that one. I imagine Neil Lennon is into 'schoogly peg' territory unless he turns it round, pretty soon.

I realise that when players move on I should 'let go', but I can't help glancing through the scores and teams, just checking.....

Bolton have bigger worries than Lennon right now. When and if they find new owners then he will no doubt be replaced. Until then they wont be able to afford to bin him.

Nothing wrong with following the progress of ex-players. I do it too.

I must admit that i thought the players that left us last last season would have done better.

Jim McIntyre was desperate to get McShane but has hardly played him and given the results it is hard to argue. Durnan has virtually been an ever present but the DUFC fans dont seem to fancy him one bit. Danny has waited patiently for his big move but has not been fit to make a name for himself. Holt has more or less been a fixture in the Dundee side but seems to have been a bit inconsistent. Gavin has played well in last two games - time will tell.

We would cretainly welcome any permutation of them back in a heartbeat but it perhaps goes to show that there is still a jump from top end of Championship to Premier League despite all the negativity surrounding our top league.

I think from what I've heard that I don't think McShane has been bad when he's played but him and Jackson Irvine are too similar with Irvine being better. I'd imagine Irvine will get a move to a bigger club in the summer and McShane will take over then .

Getting back to James Fowler saying that maybe Hooper could be sent out on loan to give him game time and experience brings back to mind Pat Slattery who a lot of people, I think, were convinced that he would eventually become a regular in the team (or squad). He was sent out on loan and eventually signed for another team.

It would be a shame if Hooper suffered the same outcome. Both these young players have potential and in Hoopers case he has shown that he is capable of playing at this level, albeit he had a poor game V Livi at Palmerston but so did a few players. I don't understand why Fowler persists with the bombscare that is Brownlie when Hooper could be getting his chance of a regular slot in the squad. If he is sent out on loan I hope we haven't seen the last of him.