The Queen of the South thread

Have to agree with Coconut and Cammy. It's a defeatist attitude but we won't be anywhere near having a shot at promotion this season so I wouldn't be keen for us to spend money in this window. We should be just about safe from relegation as well so we might as well fizzle this season out.

As for Fowler, I don't really rate him if I'm being honest but having said that I'd be content to give him one more season. He had a nigh on impossible job to replace what we lost in the summer. Most managers would have struggled. We've been dire for the majority of this season but it was to be expected. I'd give him one more season to bring in some more players and if we are as dire next season I'd then be looking elsewhere.

Agree that we dont want to go out and sign new players for the sake of it - but it wouldnt take much to improve us.

We have to be seen as a reasonably attractive loan option for Premier teams who have fringe players needing first team action - Murdoch of Rangers being a case in point. For me we definitely need an energetic midfielder who can make or score a few goals or at the very least protect our back four.

I suppose that the re-signing of Hutton was inevitable with Tapping remaining invisible ( and it was probably the right decision) but he is typical of what is wrong with our midfield - pedestrian, never looking to make or score a goal. Our goals for column tells the story of our season and the mix in midfield is the no one weakness.

If Higgy is out for a while ( and I sincerely hope thathe is not) moving Hutton to centreback alongsideDowie may be an option worth considering?

January is generally all about who you can get in on loan. Only occasionally will you get someone, like we did with Kerr a couple of seasons ago on a contract.

I also don't think it would take too much to improve us, with the right loan additions. You never know, with six months left on a few contracts, it might spur those that have been a bit meh so far to up their game to secure a new one.

Yes agree it would be taking a chance with Hutton in that role but our other options are Brownlee,Hooper or Jacobs.

I just feel that with Hutton in midfield there is a lack of energy and drive and a real sense of predictability. It is so much easier to play from the back when everything is in front of you.

Have to agree with Coconut and Cammy. It's a defeatist attitude but we won't be anywhere near having a shot at promotion this season so I wouldn't be keen for us to spend money in this window. We should be just about safe from relegation as well so we might as well fizzle this season out.

As for Fowler, I don't really rate him if I'm being honest but having said that I'd be content to give him one more season. He had a nigh on impossible job to replace what we lost in the summer. Most managers would have struggled. We've been dire for the majority of this season but it was to be expected. I'd give him one more season to bring in some more players and if we are as dire next season I'd then be looking elsewhere.

yes I agree fowler should get next season and if then it's a similar season or worse then time for a change. Next season we should be looking at top four as I expect two from this league will go up.

Jesus H.

Did The Wurzels, The Krankies and The Grumbleweeds all have prior bookings for that weekend?

The support acts haven't been announced yet, so we live in hope.