The Queen of the South thread

In my experience of observing these things ( from a distance ) these positions seem to attract complete zoomers !

Any fan with something positive to contribute either financially or with business acumen is either on the board or too busy to contribute meaningfully.

Of course mistakes have been made, the Rangers thing for instance but imo the positives far outweigh the negatives at the moment!

Please correct me if I am wrong here but I thought whoever this fans board member were to be, they would of been chosen to be elected to the board by a majority vote by the Trust.

So wouldn't this individual be of a broad mind and have the keen interest of the fans and club at heart whether he had deep pockets or not.

Not in as many words, but the tone of many posts really did seem to suggest that we humble serfs were truly fortunate to have such wondrous overlords.

We're fortunate to have a board of very successful businessmen, who are all genuine fans of the club. Nobody is saying they're perfect, but the club is certainly heading in the right direction.

Please correct me if I am wrong here but I thought whoever this fans board member were to be, they would of been chosen to be elected to the board by a majority vote by the Trust.

So wouldn't this individual be of a broad mind and have the keen interest of the fans and club at heart whether he had deep pockets or not.

You would think so. Plus they would need the voting support of the Council and it would have to be approved in an AGM.

This latter point makes me think it will never happen because the biggest 9 or 10 shareholders, including their families, have more than 50% of the votes. I suspect that Davie Rae, the Houlisons and Tommy Harkness would all vote together with the current board and they have about 39% of the votes in total. They would only need a couple of the other bigger shareholders, or a lot of the smaller shareholders, to vote with them to defeat the proposal at an AGM.

We're fortunate to have a board of very successful businessmen, who are all genuine fans of the club.

That sounds like the start of a propaganda film I remember seeing once.

It was about how the Romanian people were so fortunate to be in the care of Ceaucescu and his wife.

I'm not likening the regimes; just the portrayals.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

The fans make a joint investment of approximately £450000 per year is this not worthy of representation? On the whole the fans are ignored until desperate situations arise like Save our South.

Do they?

Not in as many words, but the tone of many posts really did seem to suggest that we humble serfs were truly fortunate to have such wondrous overlords.

Again, I didnt read it that way

That sounds like the start of a propaganda film I remember seeing once.

It was about how the Romanian people were so fortunate to be in the care of Ceaucescu and his wife.

I'm not likening the regimes; just the portrayals.

Ceausescu would have probably voted in the Rangers as well. Saying that, I'm sure some of our fans would have happily seen the board depart via the firing squad, in similar fashion to the Romanian dictator.

Ceausescu would have probably voted in the Rangers as well. Saying that, I'm sure some of our fans would have happily seen the board depart via the firing squad, in similar fashion to the Romanian dictator.

Maybe it's time for a change at the very top . There's two very good candidates already on the Board

I don't have any issue with the stance MT chooses to take, he's perfectly entitled to think what he wants.

I do however have a quibble with him accusing others of taking a stance that simply isn't the case. I haven't seen any signs of undue "happy clapping" on this thread.

I don't have any issue with the stance MT chooses to take, he's perfectly entitled to think what he wants.

I do however have a quibble with him accusing others of taking a stance that simply isn't the case. I haven't seen any signs of undue "happy clapping" on this thread.

I simply thought that many successive posts were unduly fulsome in their praise of the board.

It's not a problem if you disagree, is it?

I simply thought that many successive posts were unduly fulsome in their praise of the board. It's not a problem if you disagree, is it?

I don't have a problem with you disagreeing I've already said that. I do have a problem with your condescending remarks about those that disagree with you though.

I don't have a problem with you disagreeing I've already said that. I do have a problem with your condescending remarks about those that disagree with you though.

Ach, no offence intended.

I did find the tone of a lot of the posts made for an uncomfortable read though.

Using a bit of hyperbole to illustrate that, doesn't strike me as illegitimate.