The Queen of the South thread

In my view, Fowler does not deserve another year.

Fans can forgive dour performances if results are decent.

They can, to a lesser extent I think, forgive defeats if they've been entertained and engaged.

It's hard to endure dismal football that results in defeats though.

There's been too much of that.

There really was a good chance of getting 4th this year, given how dire St Mirren have been and how badly Morton and Raith have done for prolonged spells.

We look like falling well short there. The football is awful. We've flopped in each of the cups. Selections have been inexplicable.

Someone else needs a shot.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Genuine question:Would it be a sacking as such? I thought he was on one of those one year rolling things whereby the decision is whether or not to renew? Have I got that wrong?

Aye right enough. I suppose it would be an easier decision for the board if it was just a case of not offering a new contract rather than sacking him. Either way, I would still be shocked if he wasn't given another contract.

Click on the bit that tells you who makes how many posts on this thread. You'll feel as foolish as you look and sound

FTFY.

It may be, though not sure how many call ups they'll actually have with the likes of Onuwa, Thompson, Hardie and Walsh all away or out on loan. McKay and Zelalem will no doubt be called up. They will need a third to get the option. Shiels might be with Northern Ireland. Or they may have others with the 19's

Just last week I saw Rangers offering a 4 match deal for £x which included Queens match on 26 March

Just last week I saw Rangers offering a 4 match deal for £x which included Queens match on 26 March

which would no doubt be valid for the rearranged date if its moved. Clearly they are going to market the game as scheduled until they hear otherwise. We wont know until squads are announced and then their manager will make the decision if indeed he has the chance to do so.

Have tried to defend the manager all season but av just about had enough of Fowler now, poor team selection last night in what was one of the biggest if not the biggest game left, surely he must try and salvage something big out the next 2 games to keep the season and his job alive. the home crowd will seriously drop for the last 4 home games if there is nowt to play for.

Must pick up at least 4/6 next 2 games.

which would no doubt be valid for the rearranged date if its moved. Clearly they are going to market the game as scheduled until they hear otherwise. We wont know until squads are announced and then their manager will make the decision if indeed he has the chance to do so.
Well Skyline surly that is our chance of the top 4 gone now.

I just can,t understand how you thought Queens were good enough for the top 4.

We did not add to the squad enough in Jan to push for the top 4.

Raith did and that is why they are now 7 points clear.

Who did Raith sign in January out of interest?

Aiden Connolly, Harry Panayiotou (loan), Ryan Hardie (loan), Louis Longridge (loan) and Joel Thomas.

John Daly, Craig Wighton and Mitch Megginson all left with Darren Petrie leaving on loan to Albion Rovers.

No doubt that McKinnon got stung a bit with his original front line: neither Daly or Wighton made much impact (Daly did score a couple, at least - but he completely warped the way we play and made Stewart less effective) and Vaughan was injured almost from the start. Hardie looks brilliant and has rightly earned his plaudits, but Panayiotou has added a lot of creativity and movement to the front line as well. Connolly is a class apart, and we were very lucky Dundee United deemed him surplus to requirements. We should be moving heaven and earth to keep him.

Well he'll certainly be able to postpone it if he wants to. Billy King and Barrie McKay are in the Scotland u21 squad, Robbie McCrorie in the 19's and Liam Burt in the 17's who has played for the first team this season. USA don't seem to have announced squads yet but their u23's play that weekend also so it would be a major surprise if Gedion Zelalem isn't called up too.

Hibs game v Dumbarton will inevitably be off as they have McGinn in the full squad and Henderson and Cummings with the 21's. Republic of Ireland squad not announced yet but Stokes might be in that too.

Guest Flash

Well he'll certainly be able to postpone it if he wants to. Billy King and Barrie McKay are in the Scotland u21 squad, Robbie McCrorie in the 19's and Liam Burt in the 17's who has played for the first team this season. USA don't seem to have announced squads yet but their u23's play that weekend also so it would be a major surprise if Gedion Zelalem isn't called up too.

Hibs game v Dumbarton will inevitably be off as they have McGinn in the full squad and Henderson and Cummings with the 21's. Republic of Ireland squad not announced yet but Stokes might be in that too.

Could we bring our game with Dumbarton forward if Rangers postpone? Or would it be too short notice?

ETA I mean the away one scheduled for 12 April (and also to remove an accidental double quote).

Edited by Flash

Could we bring our game with Dumbarton forward if Rangers postpone? Or would it be too short notice?

ETA I mean the away one scheduled for 12 April (and also to remove an accidental double quote).

The possibility of bringing it forward to fill that Saturday is precisely why it was held back to April 12th rather than shoehorned into another midweek in March in the first place. It is certainly a possibility but it will ultimately be Dumbarton's call as home team. It would mean meeting them two weeks running as we play them at Palmerston the week before which isn't ideal but I'd imagine they'd probably be happier not to play midweek given they have part-timers in their squad. The clubs will no doubt discuss it when and if Rangers formally decide to postpone our one.

Guest Flash

The possibility of bringing it forward to fill that Saturday is precisely why it was held back to April 12th rather than shoehorned into another midweek in March in the first place. It is certainly a possibility but it will ultimately be Dumbarton's call as home team. It would mean meeting them two weeks running as we play them at Palmerston the week before which isn't ideal but I'd imagine they'd probably be happier not to play midweek given they have part-timers in their squad. The clubs will no doubt discuss it when and if Rangers formally decide to postpone our one.

Ok, cheers.

I guess they will probably expect a bigger crowd on a Saturday too.

We've just signed Heffernan.

Please tell me it's not as bad a signing as I think it is.

The only thing that's giving me hope is that this is exactly how I felt when Ching signed. And look how he turned out  :wub:

But aye, I'm expecting the usual "Good luck with that" responses.