The Queen of the South thread

Noticed the manager sat in the directors box for the first 15mins yesterday, maybe he reads the mad site as a few have asked him to sit and look at the game from a different angle, he ain't one of those managers he has to be pitchside.

Would be tragic if fowler listened to half the roasters on that board.

Would be tragic if fowler listened to half the roasters on that board.

He has sat in the Directors Box for short periods earlier in the season though he hasnt done so at a home game before. He certainly spent much of the first half of both Livi away games in the Directors Box.

Keeping Lyle is an absolute no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

It's a concern how reliant we are on him, and we should certainly be looking to integrate some younger players and decrease his starting duties.  With so few standout strikers at this level though, I don't think we can afford to get rid of our top scorer.

The same applies to Russell despite plenty on the Mad Board seemingly keen to get rid.

Keeping Lyle is an absolute no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

It's a concern how reliant we are on him, and we should certainly be looking to integrate some younger players and decrease his starting duties.  With so few standout strikers at this level though, I don't think we can afford to get rid of our top scorer.

The same applies to Russell despite plenty on the Mad Board seemingly keen to get rid.

Agreed, on both counts.

Yeah lyle is a no Brainer, but as palmy cammy says it is a worry that we have to rely on him to score a lot of our goals.

Also notice he is key to a lot of our build up play and he wins a hell of a lot in the air so as he becomes a more of an impact player it worries me who we get in or who steps up to replace him.

Edit to add that Russel is still IMO a key player for us.

Edited by temps15

Hope Russell stays I don't think I could cope with him winning soft fouls against and appealing for everything for the opposition. Him staying would also annoy the pious people on here and MAD who seem disturbed by the notion that footballers tend to go down quite easily.

Going off the queen of the south Wikipedia page he not far off 4th overall top goal scorer. Another season as an impact player would be reasonable and certainly give him the chance to reach that.

I can confirm that the all-time goalscorers list is accurate, so 7 more goals for Lyle gets him onto 99 and 4th overall. Would be good if he stays and gets 100 goals anyway. Edited by RUSTY1111