The Queen of the South thread

Dowie new club captain? Has Higgins lost the armband?

Not sure if that's the case, as the Queens official website said that captain Higgins returned today but it seemed that there was an armband on Dowie's left arm today and I think he was taken with the mascots and ref pre-kick off.

Only reason for this I can think of is that with Dobbie and more especially Hamill both failing late fitness tests, that Higgins inclusion in the starting 11 was decided late on and with Dowie deputising recently, the club kept him as captain today.

20 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Does anyone know what the opening hours of the Arena will be over the festive period, will the pitches still be available for hire?

Last year they were certainly available during the spell between Christmas and New Year - I was there on, I think, the 28th. 

What exactly happens nearer to Christmas Day and New Year's Day though, I don't know.

Not all that helpful really.

Last year they were certainly available during the spell between Christmas and New Year - I was there on, I think, the 28th. 

What exactly happens nearer to Christmas Day and New Year's Day though, I don't know.

Not all that helpful really.

No that was helpful, thanks! We've booked it for the 28th.

620 was obviously a much smaller gate than the poor ones we moan about these days.

The picture itself is a bit misleading though.  At that time, people changed ends at half time, so nearly all of the standing home fans would be at the other end.  Depending on who the opposition were that week, there might have been very few away fans and many of those who were in attendance might have been in the cowshed.

Nice to see the Terregles Street pie shop in working order though.

620 was obviously a much smaller gate than the poor ones we moan about these days.

The picture itself is a bit misleading though.  At that time, people changed ends at half time, so nearly all of the standing home fans would be at the other end.  Depending on who the opposition were that week, there might have been very few away fans and many of those who were in attendance might have been in the cowshed.

Nice to see the Terregles Street pie shop in working order though.

Last time that I changed ends at a match was at Station Park, Forfar when Queens won the Second Division Championship in April 2002.

Good to see the pie stall at Terregles Street too.