The Queen of the South thread

We the mug punter mean nothing, if they want to draw a line under the 'rumours' come out and tell how Gavin felt his position was so untenable ! I would say to a man us 'mug punters' never questioned him through these difficult few weeks trying to sail through a shocking injury list. As pointed out no loan signings to bolster a depleted squad apart from the signing of an unfit player who may well go on and play a part when fit. As I stated earlier I didn't believe the 'rumoured' bust up at Kirkcaldy but i sure as hell do now. It's been an embarrassing few days for my home town club !!!

7 minutes ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

We the mug punter mean nothing, if they want to draw a line under the 'rumours' come out and tell how Gavin felt his position was so untenable ! I would say to a man us 'mug punters' never questioned him through these difficult few weeks trying to sail through a shocking injury list. As pointed out no loan signings to bolster a depleted squad apart from the signing of an unfit player who may well go on and play a part when fit. As I stated earlier I didn't believe the 'rumoured' bust up at Kirkcaldy but i sure as hell do now. It's been an embarrassing few days for my home town club !!!

Surely that`s the point though. We don`t know the reason he left and we certainly don`t know that anything within the club made his position untenable. Maybe there was but I`m not sure we have some right to know whatever the reason was.  

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Surely that`s the point though. We don`t know the reason he left and we certainly don`t know that anything within the club made his position untenable. Maybe there was but I`m not sure we have some right to know whatever the reason was.  

True, but that was the purpose of the original statement. The second one, apparently issued in response to gossip on the internet, was pointless. All it did was draw even more attention to the matter and serve as a ticking off to the very people who keep the club going.

The alternatives were to issue a statement clarifying the position. Or say nothing. Issuing a more long-winded version of the original, along with a rebuke, hasn't improved the situation and may have made it worse.

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I think we knew that though.

It does nothing to dispel the rumour that those 'personal issues' are with personalities employed by the club though.

True, but lots of the speculation about that implied that he'd effectively been removed.  I don't think that's what's happened here.

I still don't really get what the assumption of terrible backroom unrest is based on.  It's a plausible enough idea, but I've not yet seen a ton of evidence for it.

27 minutes ago, Flash said:

True, but that was the purpose of the original statement. The second one, apparently issued in response to gossip on the internet, was pointless. All it did was draw even more attention to the matter and serve as a ticking off to the very people who keep the club going.

The alternatives were to issue a statement clarifying the position. Or say nothing. Issuing a more long-winded version of the original, along with a rebuke, hasn't improved the situation and may have made it worse.

Take your point on that albeit I think the 2nd statement was an attempt to clarify some aspects. With regards to making a further statement there is an element of damned if they do or damned if they don`t in this for me.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I think we knew that though.

It does nothing to dispel the rumour that those 'personal issues' are with personalities employed by the club though.

I dont think many people did. There have been plenty of posts on here and social media from fans who think he was sacked.

I took the "Given the world we live in, social media has played a big part in spreading a lot of rumours and inaccurate speculation." bit to mean that the rumours of his sacking or a bust up where false. 

It could maybe have been clearer though

27 minutes ago, ChopperD said:

I think the reason the statement was made was to dispel the rumours that he was sacked . The bust up in the tunnel at Kirkcaldy was between Dowie , Robinson and Darren Jackson not Jim Thomson and Gavin Skelton .

Thanks for clearing that up Gav.

57 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I took the "Given the world we live in, social media has played a big part in spreading a lot of rumours and inaccurate speculation." bit to mean that the rumours of his sacking or a bust up where false. 

I took it as he wasn't sacked. Even though Willie Gibson and loads of other people were saying he had been on twitter.

http://aliveradio.net/jim-thomson-interview-10-11-16-audio/

Interview with Jim on alive radio.

Robertson is here for a month. Jim claims he had a "good working relationship" with Skelton.

He expects Hilson to be back "sooner rather than later", with Dan before him.

Listened to this interview earlier on this morning. Was interesting he was asked if he was interested in the manager's job and his answer about Del Lyle only training 2 days this week.

I dont think many people did. There have been plenty of posts on here and social media from fans who think he was sacked.

It could maybe have been clearer though

Bet it was to do with having his first child and all the travelling.

I think the reason the statement was made was to dispel the rumours that he was sacked . The bust up in the tunnel at Kirkcaldy was between Dowie , Robinson and Darren Jackson not Jim Thomson and Gavin Skelton .

What happened there then? Dowser and Robbo would be raging after losing the late goal, right enough.

Can any Queens fans travelling to ER on Saturday watch out for Hibs players surrounding the ref at fouls and putting pressure on the guy?

I want to satisfy my curiosity that Lennon has installed this pish or if it was a 1 off yesterday.

We will try to do so.