The Queen of the South thread

Disappointed the way the club is now getting run, feel for the players there can't be a good atmosphere around work, leading to bad performances, football clubs that do well have great team morale and togetherness something our club doesnt have at the moment.

Mr Hewitson and the board have done well for QoS off the field but footballing matters must now take priority.

The times running out for the current chairman, lots of fans are now losing faith in the way the club is getting run...

I don't see how the idea of someone in a sales role getting commission would even be worthy of a rumour.

This isn't really the place to be discussing rumours about individuals.

Time for Hewitson to stand down. A lot of things he has done at queens are for his own benefit rather than the clubs. The fans dont trust him anymore.

2 minutes ago, DUMFRIES_CREW said:

Time for Hewitson to stand down. A lot of things he has done at queens are for his own benefit rather than the clubs. The fans dont trust him anymore.

'Businessman in acting for their own end shocker.' 

A director of football/Football Development Manager when done right is something I have no problem with. But when they sign crocked players in the middle of an injury crisis alongside cutting corners in regards to an actual coaching set up. It's never going to work.

Skelton, a nice guy, has gone and has clearly moved on. Why can't football fans do the same without descending into meltdown and resorting to unfounded personal attacks on individuals who work hard for the success of QOS ?

I think the current Board have been great for the Club both on and off the field.  However, given our dire run of late I would like to have seen a new Managerial appointment sooner rather than later and hope that is resolved sometime this week to bring the players a new focus and direction.

This appointment is critical - pardon the pun !

At this time, I think we need an experienced Manger who brings with him his own Assistant.

If we appoint, for example Dobbie - or any other senior player-, with JT as Assistant we are doomed !

Of course, this may be dictated by finances.

Remember all the childish over-excitement on the return of Dobbie, could it be this now hampers the future of Managerial Team appointments ?

Maybe we 'put all our eggs' in that particular basket financially although I doubt it.

I look forward to an exciting Appointment this week and to a re-kindling of our wonderful start to the season.

TIME TO MOVE ON !

Not sure why the club needs a Football Development Manager, whose role 'oversees all footballing aspects of the club'? 

That implies that he oversees the first team (as well as the Under 20s, Under 17s etc) and therefore circumscribes the manager's role from day one. It's inevitable that the manager and a FDM with such a wide remit are going to come into conflict from time to time. 

Skelton chooses his words cautiously, but the quote 'they've been there at the club a long time and will be there a long time' sounds like the words of a man resigned to his fate. Clearly he wanted to appoint his own assistant and recruit one or two new players, but didn't get the support he was looking for. It's glaringly obvious from this that there was more to Skelton's departure than 'personal reasons.'

I have no idea why the board believes that it needs an FDM, it sounds like needless job creation to me, but that role should be limited to the age group squads below the first team.

The manager is the one who will lose his job if results aren't up to expectations, so he should be given full control over first team matters, and the freedom to appoint his own assistant. 

30 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Its absolutely shocking tbf. Confirming most peoples suspicions. JT should be nowhere near a dugout. Potential managers reading that interview might get put off.

Sure lots already have, that could well be the delay getting someone daft enough to work alongside JT.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

46 minutes ago, RUSTY1111 said:

Dumbarton game is ON as their replay is on 6th December v. Bonnyrigg Rose.
Queens game v. St Mirren should be ON if St Mirren win their match v. Spartans.
All on the assumption that Queens get past Albion Rovers, of course.

The Dumbarton game does not depend on Queens getting past Albion Rovers. 

This is worrying but I think the BOD have done enough good for the club that they deserve the benefit of the doubt at least for a while longer.

Maybe JT has contributed to Skelton's departure. They tried to bring a young manager into a setup they created and ultimately it failed. But maybe the BOD will also learn from this and JT will be less involved in the next setup. They're not idiots, surely they must realise that any established manager needs to be able to structure his own setup. And I think established/relatively experienced is the route we need to go down right now.