The Queen of the South thread

8 minutes ago, RUSTY1111 said:

Skyline Drifter and kirkyblue2 seem slightly upset.

I'm not remotely upset. I find the vast majority of your posts to be largely pointless and detract enormously from reading a thread. I don't think moving them all into one multi quoted post is going to change that, which is the point I made. I'm not upset about it though. It's all a bit amusing in some ways. However, as I said, the obvious solution would be for everyone to just put you on Ignore if the function still exists in the current version of the software. I'm sure Mr X can confirm if it does?

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not remotely upset. I find the vast majority of your posts to be largely pointless and detract enormously from reading a thread. I don't think moving them all into one multi quoted post is going to change that, which is the point I made. I'm not upset about it though. It's all a bit amusing in some ways. However, as I said, the obvious solution would be for everyone to just put you on Ignore if the function still exists in the current version of the software. I'm sure Mr X can confirm if it does?

It does. Hover over the username beside a post and the option to "Ignore User" should be there.

38 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The multi quote thing is largely a red herring anyway. The main issue is the fact that he replies to pretty much every single post and 95% of them are to say "Yes", or "Hope so" or "Think we will". Responses that add absolutely nothing to the discussion. Multiquoting won't stop that because the majority of them are responses to posts immediately after his previous one. It's absolute post whoring and attention seeking.

The whole "don't read it if you don't want to" excuse doesn't wash because there is so much bland nothingness on the page it's difficult to find the posts of note. Is there still an "Ignore User" on this site? Maybe that would work though only if everyone does it. As long as people quote him it won't help.

Precisely this.

Multiquoting or otherwise is really not the issue at all.  It's the volume of posts, most of which say nothing, that is the problem.

I'm not sure why he's adopted this persona on the Queens thread, because he's actually capable of posting worthwhile stuff elsewhere.  It's getting a bit beyond a joke now though.  It would be better if he could rein it in  himself, rather than needing a ban.

Excellent. Sorted. Thanks. It's so long since I did that. The advice that you have ignored someone is much more subtle than it used to be too. [emoji4]

Can you only ignore somebody when you're using your PC ? Can't seem to do it from my mobile ?

12 minutes ago, PALMYLAD said:

Can you only ignore somebody when you're using your PC ? Can't seem to do it from my mobile ?

On Android, you can do it by going into their profile, clicking on the little dots in the top right and choosing "ignore/block"

Not sure about the Apple app though

Click on the persons name. Then on the next screen press the button in the top right. Then press ignore.

I just did it on the app. I'll let you guess who I blocked!

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Precisely this.

Multiquoting or otherwise is really not the issue at all.  It's the volume of posts, most of which say nothing, that is the problem.

I'm not sure why he's adopted this persona on the Queens thread, because he's actually capable of posting worthwhile stuff elsewhere.  It's getting a bit beyond a joke now though.  It would be better if he could rein it in  himself, rather than needing a ban.

He adopted the persona shortly after discovering that his banal posting was annoying people. He is spamming as a method of trolling. And the more it annoys people, the more he enjoys it. All the fake apologies and empty promises are just him taking the p.

As I understand it, putting him on ignore only works when you're logged in. Not sure why all the regular posters should have to do this anyway just to avoid the actions of an attention seeking, spamming troll.

Eta did it anyway.

Edited by Flash

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

He adopted the persona shortly after discovering that his banal posting was annoying people. He is spamming as a method of trolling. And the more it annoys people, the more he enjoys it. All the fake apologies and empty promises are just him taking the p.

As I understand it, putting him on ignore only works when you're logged in. Not sure why all the regular posters should have to do this anyway just to avoid the actions of an attention seeking, spamming troll.

What a lot of drivel.