The Queen of the South thread

Dates, kick-off times and TV selections have now been confirmed for the IRN-BRU Cup semi-finals on the weekend of February 18/19:

Saturday February 18, 2017
Queen of the South v Dundee United
Live on BBC ALBA, kick-off 5.15pm

Sunday February 19, 2017
St Mirren v The New Saints
Live on BBC ALBA and S4C, kick-off 4.10pm

The final will be played on the weekend of March 25/26.

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/irn-bru-cup-semi-final-details/#PrVllgxe8grt4FDw.99

36 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Haven't noticed any mention of Rory Loy yet on this thread. Clever player - will Naysmith be interested in bringing him in?

Only if he's injured.

Must admit - the chance to sign Rory Loy crossed my mind as soon as I saw he was likely to be released by Dundee.  A new striker may not be a priority for the rest of this season, but with Derek Lyle hanging up his boots in the summer, the chance to get Loy on (for example) an 18 month contract seems too good to be true. I guess his attitude/wage expectations might be a concern?
On the subject of the annoying posts of RUSTY1111 - I'm surprised no one has mentioned the possibility that he appears (on the evidence) to be mentally ill. I think using the "ignore" function is best option until he seeks, and gets, the help he needs.  

Derek Lyle retiring in the summer when was that announced. What's he going to go into. Will he stay on with queens?

On the subject of wages do we have enough of a budget to bring in players considering we got a few on long term injuries. If we can bring the right players in great but I think the squad we got will keep us safe in the division. Playoffs are a dream at the moment

52 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Derek Lyle retiring in the summer when was that announced. What's he going to go into. Will he stay on with queens?

I always just assumed he would sign on for another year and would probably get a testimonial.

I know it would be 10 years broken service but if Burns, Aitken and JT got them he definitely should.

On the subject of wages do we have enough of a budget to bring in players considering we got a few on long term injuries. If we can bring the right players in great but I think the squad we got will keep us safe in the division. Playoffs are a dream at the moment

Lyle is probably just signing up for a season at a time at this stage of his career and with Dobbie signed up for two then hopefully Del will stay too.

PS....and don't think I've not noticed the post from billy gordons beard being deleted by Admin for inappropriate content.

I've put him on Ignore but it hasn't worked!  Not sure what was "inappropriate" about billy gordon's beard's post actually    - if anything it was understanding and concerned.  

I'd like to see your reaction to having this said about you?

I've put him on Ignore but it hasn't worked!  Not sure what was "inappropriate" about billy gordon's beard's post actually    - if anything it was understanding and concerned.  

Yep I'm the same. He keeps quoting a post and replying within the quote. I assumed I wouldn't see his reply at all.
Banhammer please mods.