The Queen of the South thread

41 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

He needs a better conversion of goals. He didn't get many last season either. I would prefer a lyle/dobbie partnership and then bring dykes on to harass tiring defenders. 

How many assists has he had?

Set up a goal for Dobbie in 4-1 game at Falkirk (plus brought down for the penalty in that game) and also set up Dobbie`s 3rd at Dunfermline.  Probably one or two others I would think.

Edit to add I agree he needs to score more. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Are you confident of that? I'm sure as hell not. Falkirk will have the funds to bring players in (they already are), Caley are now improving and will likely finish above us. 10 points isn't a massive gap at this stage and with a competent manager in charge I expect Falkirk to start climbing the table.

Look at yesterday's squad minus Kerr and Kane and that's what we have. Unless GN pulls something magical out the bag in this window the only playoffs we'll be near are the relegation ones.

Aye I'm confident .

10 points isn’t that much over 15 games, given that the gap can be eliminated in 4 games. It may be unlikely but it is far from impossible. Falkirk’s points total covers the period when they were poor and they have improved and, unless something changes, we are going the opposite way.
Can’t remember anybody suggesting that any of the U20s who haven’t featured should be playing. I suppose most fans don’t know how good they are, but the feeling is that if they haven’t featured up to now, they can’t have been as good as the players who were picked ahead of them. And if they aren’t as good, we will get proportionately less points in the remainder of the season.

3 points from the play offs isn't far away over 15 games either.

5 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

As things stand, we have a weaker team than we did earlier in the season. And you think we will get more points than our rivals than we did when we had a stronger team?  So, what is this based on? Do you know that we will definitely be making signings? Or do you just think that the team we have now will do a better job than the one we had before?

Set up a goal for Dobbie in 4-1 game at Falkirk (plus brought down for the penalty in that game) and also set up Dobbie`s 3rd at Dunfermline.  Probably one or two others I would think.

3 in the league. No idea about the cups.

Unless we drastically improve our personnel then we'll be closer to the relegation play-offs than the promotion ones. I'd be willing to put my money where my mouth is on this and do a charity bet with you.

Still 2 weeks left in transfer window and emergency signings after that, let's not panic just yet..

I'm not panicking but only the most blue tinted specs fan must think our current squad is capable of getting into the promotion play-offs.

As things stand, we have a weaker team than we did earlier in the season. And you think we will get more points than our rivals than we did when we had a stronger team?  So, what is this based on? Do you know that we will definitely be making signings? Or do you just think that the team we have now will do a better job than the one we had before?

Not really based on any of what you just said. I'd rather be 3 points off the play offs than 3 points off the relegation play offs, which is 10 points and 10 goals better off. I don't really get what's wrong about being positive about that? There's a couple weeks left in the window so we will see.
R:e your comment about youth players, no one was crying out for the likes of holty to get in the first team, and when he did he wasn't up to it to begin with and look what happened with him.

On 29/07/2017 at 20:40, QoS_1919 said:

Things are really going down hill for us. Can't see it getting any better any time soon either. Everything from the state of our ground to the players, manager and board is absolutely awful. Its like we go into games to try get a draw! Also, i thought we were in the "green zone" with finances? Where's the money going? Why is it we can only bring in utter dross? Massive downhill spiral, league 1 for us in the next 2 years. 

But you are now confident we won’t be in the relegation play-offs. Indeed, we have a good chance of getting into the promotion play-offs.

Why the change of heart?

On 27/11/2017 at 21:19, QoS_1919 said:

It's got to the point I grudge paying the money to get into Palmerston. There's hardly any football on show, the balls forever lumped up the field and there is no fight or dig in the team whatsoever. If we got beat 2 or 3 nil but actually showed some guts in the game I wouldn't be so disheartened but there's nothing. 

It's no even worth paying the money just to see Dobbie anymore because he's been very poor. 

On 29/09/2017 at 18:24, QoS_1919 said:

I must be in the minority that want our manager to stay! 

Our fans can be really fickle at times.

Indeed.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Unfortunately for strikers its the most important stat. For me the rest of his game from what i seen and read is not quite good enough. He doesn't win enough headers and i cant think of a time where i was impressed with his link up play. He is a frustrating player but he just needs to improve his all round game a bit more to be a decent championship striker

Never mentioned it being the current squad.

I never said you did.

So who has said that with our current squad we'll make play offs?

No one. I don't think I've implied anyone has. My point was that even the biggest diehard wouldn't think this squad would get into the playoffs and given the rumblings just now it's not looking good that we will significantly strengthen in this window.