The Queen of the South thread

Is there no word of Simmons getting offered a deal somewhere. You would have thought he would be snapped up by now

Looks like he'll be playing football in Dumfries again next season JR . He's been offered terms with Heston Rovers :)

Fantasy as it may prove BUT Scott McLaughlin was (IS) the highest-rated player in the QoS squad in the Fantasy League ratings! Regardless of all the jibes about the "fantasy" element of this it must mean that he was consistently one of our better performing players surely??? Unfortunately I fall in the camp of believing he was playing in a league above his abilities however I do think the lower divison, new club,new "scene" might prove his making! I hope so - for his sake (hope he fails to turn up against Annan though!!!!)

With having had him play for him before Jim McInally seems confident he is the type of player we are looking for, he wont have to be a world beater in Div3. We have been looking for a player that will put in a shift, win his share of tackles & keep things together in the middle of the park. We saw ourselves a couple seasons ago when relegated how even our better players lost confidence & looked totally out of touch. Hopefully a better start to the season by us will see McLaughlan & his new team-mates flourish.

With having had him play for him before Jim McInally seems confident he is the type of player we are looking for, he wont have to be a world beater in Div3. We have been looking for a player that will put in a shift, win his share of tackles & keep things together in the middle of the park. We saw ourselves a couple seasons ago when relegated how even our better players lost confidence & looked totally out of touch. Hopefully a better start to the season by us will see McLaughlan & his new team-mates flourish.

McLaughlin won't do any of those things! I don't think he made a tackle his entire time with us! Don't expect him to put in a shift or keep things together either. He is a headless chicken who seems happy wandering about wherever he fancies. He likes to get forward and join the attack and yes he scored a few for us, but when he gets forward he takes his time getting back, often literally walking back. His "ability" may be more evident in the 3rd division but it's his attitude that is the issue. That is why he is probably my most hated Queens player ever.

McLaughlin won't do any of those things! I don't think he made a tackle his entire time with us! Don't expect him to put in a shift or keep things together either. He is a headless chicken who seems happy wandering about wherever he fancies. He likes to get forward and join the attack and yes he scored a few for us, but when he gets forward he takes his time getting back, often literally walking back. His "ability" may be more evident in the 3rd division but it's his attitude that is the issue. That is why he is probably my most hated Queens player ever.

Theres nothing like a fair and balanced analysis of a player

He is not a great player Cammy but I can't agree with what you say about his attitude , no not at all. A busy enough guy although doesn't like a tackle . He should be able to do well with Bloo Toon and be a decent player in the third .

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Guest TOPFITTER

I have to guess that Jim McInally is from the same Coaching School as Gus then, and that Simmons, A Reid and J Potter will be the type of player for Peterhead, God Help You. A season of defending badly for 70 mins and only if not losing at that stage will any form of attacking football take place. Relegation if possible will be yours for the taking with not one bit of fight on show. Or maybe your manager is like Allan Johnston, and he will be getting rid of all the dead wood with little or no talent and looking for skillfull players with technical ability to try and play an attacking attractive game to get promotion.

Which is Jim, a Gus or an Allan,I know which type of manager I would rather have, experience or not.

Guest TOPFITTER

Theres nothing like a fair and balanced analysis of a player

But, it is easy to see why one would think of the said player in that vein. Do not wish him any ill, but he was one of Gus's shoe -ins and Allan was correct to "boot him out" (poetic licence used).

I have to guess that Jim McInally is from the same Coaching School as Gus then, and that Simmons, A Reid and J Potter will be the type of player for Peterhead, God Help You. A season of defending badly for 70 mins and only if not losing at that stage will any form of attacking football take place. Relegation if possible will be yours for the taking with not one bit of fight on show. Or maybe your manager is like Allan Johnston, and he will be getting rid of all the dead wood with little or no talent and looking for skillfull players with technical ability to try and play an attacking attractive game to get promotion.

Which is Jim, a Gus or an Allan,I know which type of manager I would rather have, experience or not.

We are certainly happy with Jim since he arrived, he took over a squad of players that had been relegated the season before. The previous manager had brought in number of players a majority of whom were released at the first chance in January which was Jims 1st chance to change things. Once settled into the job he managed to turn things around from being bottom of the league at christmas we finished 5th with our form being as good as the eventual champions with much the same squad. That is the reason i am quite happy to trust Jims judgement in putting together a "team". His philosophy is certainly not geared toward defensive football & while not liking getting beat he does not mind so much as long as we have had a go. Hopefully McLaughlan will respond to the challenge of winning games rather than not losing them.

Does any yin ken if the travel club are gan tae tak up the option as oor sponsor this season? I wid hae thoucht that they micht hae tried tae sell it on or even pit it up fur auction tae mhak mair funds or even donate any monies tae the Queens Trust. I personally dinnae think it serves any purpose advertising yersel'...... but whae am I tae tell youse lot owt. :huh:

Edited by Truthhurts

Does any yin ken if the travel club are gan tae tak up the option as oor sponsor this season? I wid hae thoucht that they micht hae tried tae sell it on or even pit it up fur auction tae mhak mair funds or even donate any monies tae the Queens Trust. I personally dinnae think it serves any purpose advertising yersel'...... but whae am I tae tell youse lot owt. :huh:

EXACTLY !!

I've no reason to be unfair and unbalanced, just calling it as I see it. Dropping two divisions isn't something good players generally do though.

;)

Good point! Slowly but surely getting the dross punted. Heres hoping!

Anyway would obviously like to see any player coming to us do well. Will end this by wishing QOTS all the best in their effort to bounce back at the first attempt but would say a decent start makes life much easier. Would like to get a cup game down at Palmerston as its one of the few grounds i have not been to so far. Had a weeks golf in Dumfries last year around pre-season but there were no games played at home for you then. Anyway all the best