The Queen of the South thread

Not sure how well Nicky Clark did for you last season in what was a poor time for you. Always liked him when he played for us, thought he gave his best in matches & when it worked he looked good. Would imagine he will be under added pressure if things dont go so well with his father being involved in your set-up., hope it works out on both fronts.

Anyway would obviously like to see any player coming to us do well. Will end this by wishing QOTS all the best in their effort to bounce back at the first attempt but would say a decent start makes life much easier. Would like to get a cup game down at Palmerston as its one of the few grounds i have not been to so far. Had a weeks golf in Dumfries last year around pre-season but there were no games played at home for you then. Anyway all the best

I reckon mcglaughlin will do a job for you boys. Just unfortunate that he was part of a horrible sqaud of players last season. All the best in your fight for promotion.

You do realise my dislike of McLaughlin stems from a season of watching his ineffectual performances on a weekly basis. I don't know why you're trying to make it sound like I have a personal dislike for him and criticise him to fit some agenda.

I think McLaughlin is quite limited but I wouldn't say he lacks effort. He certainly lacks pace so struggles to get back in defensive positions after maing a run forward. He should not be played on the left and needs to operate in the hole behind the striker(s). He's not a great tackler so doesn't get invoved in all the donkey work in midfield. I'd say he's a second division player, so he'll do fine at Peterhead.

I reckon mcglaughlin will do a job for you boys. Just unfortunate that he was part of a horrible sqaud of players last season. All the best in your fight for promotion.

Aye ye are richt there mate, and tae mhak maiters worse, maist o' them are signed on fur this season. :o

Edited by Truthhurts

Fixtures for forthcoming season are out tomorrow at 9am.

Scott McLaughlin was a poor player in a poor team but somehow Gus played him every week.

Always gives 100% and might get you a goal with his forward runs

but has no pace can't tackle and really it is like playing with 10 men there were times last season when he did nothing in a game.

If i had to choose Gibson or McLaughlin to sign then it would be Gibson every time.

Edited by Northfield 53

Not sure how well Nicky Clark did for you last season in what was a poor time for you. Always liked him when he played for us, thought he gave his best in matches & when it worked he looked good. Would imagine he will be under added pressure if things dont go so well with his father being involved in your set-up., hope it works out on both fronts.

This is only my opinion, but I thought apart from 45mins against Aberdeen he offered nothing. Unlike some of the other dross Gus brought in he looked as though he was trying but there was never actually an end product.

This season under the guidance of his father, well who knows?

Edited by Hawk

I would like the club to reassure me that certain players have been released. I am getting nervous about who may be retained for next season and I really want to sleep more easily, ahead of another sair fecht following the South.

I would like the club to reassure me that certain players have been released. I am getting nervous about who may be retained for next season and I really want to sleep more easily, ahead of another sair fecht following the South.

The club have already said they wont be putting out a list of those "released". Technically, no one has been released, as anyone who's contracted didnt run out at the end of last season is still here

Certainly a set of fixtures that gives us the opportunity to get off to a decent start.

Also, Forfar away in the third last game of the season, which I think I'm right in saying will be 11 years to the day...

Certainly a set of fixtures that gives us the opportunity to get off to a decent start.

Also, Forfar away in the third last game of the season, which I think I'm right in saying will be 11 years to the day...

Bloody hell was it really 11 years ago you guys won the league at our place??

Pleased to get a home game to start off with. A half decent crowd and a win would be the right start and hopefully give the team the momentum to kick on and some of the 'lost' fans the impetus to come back.

Are ye dreamin' or whit? A half decent crowd against Forfar bloody Athletic, aye richt. A team stuffed with last season's failures and only Willie Gibson the troublemaker to inspire us to return.

Dream on son. :angry: