The Queen of the South thread

6 hours ago, SueSue said:

He is a worker who is a great foil for Dobbie. For that reason and no other would he be missed.

It undersells what he does in my opinion but even at that level being an excellent foil to a player who has 29 goals already this season is very important. It`s pretty clear that the other managers rate Dykes. McCall, Alan Johnston and John Robertson have been fulsome in their praise for him already this season. He`s an excellent player at this level.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Presumably when Dykes goes, he is moving to a bigger club. So if he won’t be missed, why does that club not sign whoever we’re getting to replace him instead?

I have just told you all my thoughts on Dykes.

He works extremely hard for the team and is a great foil for Dobbie.

he doesn’t score enough goals for a player who gets in the opposing penalty box.

If you have a striker who can score goals off his play then he would be a very good signing ....

but as I said before, don’t pump him up to be an outstanding player that he is not. At this level he is very good. Any higher IMO he would struggle.

as for the tea making I am joking. As I hope the majority would see.

For the record I would rather keep him than let him go.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I know I didn't take the idea of Dykes scoring twice seriously.

Anybody scoring twice is a bit of a stretch given that we have scored a total of 3 goals in the last 7 away games.

Only one complete slether thinks this thankfully.  I don't think we are going to get all the signings we want to see unfortunately but I see it as the following - 
Semple replaced by Maguire
Norman replaced by Low
Harkins still to be replaced
Frizzell replaced by a striker.
I was thinking that we would keep frizzel and get another striker in not replace? Maybe heard the gaffers comments wrongly. Great result today hopefully push on.

29 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Callum Semple leaves Queens after today's great result at Inverness. 

Will be a big loss excellent player like Kerr last season the experience he got playing for us has made him into a really good centre half.

Hope Maguire from Motherwell is as good ..

Will be a big loss excellent player like Kerr last season the experience he got playing for us has made him into a really good centre half.
Hope Maguire from Motherwell is as good ..

No he’s absolutely shit , that’s why we signed him.

You’ll be raging we won today eh ?

45 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

No he’s absolutely shit , that’s why we signed him.

You’ll be raging we won today eh ?

Very happy that we won today only thing I am raging about is that I am not in Inverness celebrating a great win .

A fantastic result up in Inverness yesterday which hopefully will help lift the spirits of the doom and gloom merchants. But aside from this result I think it is worth reading about the work the Community Team put in behind the scenes to promote our fantastic club (report on OS). What Dan and the rest of the team do every week working in the community with young and old sometimes goes unnoticed but it is nevertheless and important part of what Queen of the South are about. Well done to all involved.

4 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Semple has gone, Frizzell's loans up on Monday, Will he stay till the end of the season or will he go? 

Have to hope Maguire is as good as Semple time will tell .

Frizzell for me has not done enough to get his loan extended .

No good for anyone to only get a odd sub apperence .

I would rather we tried to use our budget to get  more forward players in.

A fantastic result up in Inverness yesterday which hopefully will help lift the spirits of the doom and gloom merchants. But aside from this result I think it is worth reading about the work the Community Team put in behind the scenes to promote our fantastic club (report on OS). What Dan and the rest of the team do every week working in the community with young and old sometimes goes unnoticed but it is nevertheless and important part of what Queen of the South are about. Well done to all involved.

It’s funny , I was just going to post that as well . Usually The doom merchants , you know who you are , make comments about goings on at the the club .
It’s a lot better read than someone telling us we don’t play as well against the top teams as we do the bottom teams . That’s hardly rocket science in sport of any nature !