The Queen of the South thread

It is of relatively low importance, but it's annoying and points to a lack of pride in the premises.
The sign in question didn't mention other businesses - there's a different sign that does that.  All it had on it was Queens stuff.  The sign was probably not necessary and wouldn't have gone up in the first place if it wasn't a Tesco remnant.  I don't think it's begging to be repaired tbh, but carting the thing away really shouldn't be too much to expect.

Can the sign play upfront ? :)

I worked in Wm Lows from 89 til 93. This sign chat has got me thinking to back then. I'm sure I used to walk along a path behind the terracing,  is my mind playing tricks with me or is/was there such a thing? Sorry for the irrelevance but it's annoying me a bit.

3 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

I worked in Wm Lows from 89 til 93. This sign chat has got me thinking to back then. I'm sure I used to walk along a path behind the terracing,  is my mind playing tricks with me or is/was there such a thing? Sorry for the irrelevance but it's annoying me a bit.

There is a path/road running behind the covered terracing connecting Portland Drive to the back of the Main Stand/ Arena Car Park. 

Semple has been excellent for us and should still be available for Inverness. If indeed he is going back to Sheffield United it would show a great attitude making himself available for the game. 

A year older CB from Motherwell who no doubt lives in that area is going to be by far a cheaper option than Semple. Lower salary, no accommodation cost or expenses.

Until any club announcement Semple is still a Queens player.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Loemba90 said:
Ross County are after the QOS left back Marshall 

Strange one. Decent enough player at this level but I reckon his defensive frailties would be shown up more in the top flight.

Jumping the gun a bit there talking about Ross County playing in the top flight. 

Marshall can go to Ross County, as long as we have a ready made replacement ready, Marsh is to often caught on wrong side of attackers for me, championship is his level. The ideal replacement would be the return of Kevin Holt.... 

7 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Marshall can go to Ross County, as long as we have a ready made replacement ready, Marsh is to often caught on wrong side of attackers for me, championship is his level. The ideal replacement would be the return of Kevin Holt.... 

Was just coming on to post that the return of Holt in such circumstance would be welcome.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Was Ross County not a mooted destination for Marshall in the summer before his u-turn?

Holt was signed by Presley who was subsequently sacked so I suppose that is where that rumour comes from. Even if he was to move back to Dumfries I wouldn’t read too much into that as he stayed here whilst playing for Dundee.

I’d imagine his stock is still relatively high and we’d face major competition to sign him. Looking from the outside in, his departure from Dundee was more to do with Neil McCann being a complete fanny than his ability.

17 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

It seemed as if that when Pressley and Reid got sacked that Holt wouldn't be there much longer, but that was back at the beginning of October and he's played every game since. 

If he's playing, and enjoying life out there then he would be bonkers to return to Scotland never mind ourselves.  I was merely speculating that should he be looking to return I'd imagine we'd be near the bottom of a fairly long list of suitors.

If we were to re-sign any of the class of 2012, something that seems to have been talked about almost from the minute they all left, I would imagine Ian McShane might be the most likely?  Out of the picture at St Mirren and in an area of the park we badly need strengthened.  I was far from convinced by him but there is no denying he would be an improvement on what we have at the moment.