The Queen of the South thread

A Ayr team without Shankland makes a huge difference .
Partick as I thought won tonight and will win on Saturday they are out of it now it makes it just us Alloa and Falkirk.

Shankland has been quiet since his injury. It wasn't a weak Ayr side.

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Fully expected Partick to win tonight - rubber has well and truly hit the road for us now. Can only see another win for them on Sat which realistically takes one less team out of the equation. With Alloa and Falkirk finishing their campaigns against teams with nothing to play for we have no room for error now.

Ross County match is massive for us and a win has to be the target. Draw will not relieve the pressure if we are to avoid bottom 2.

Huge result for Thistle but from our point of view they are very much still in the equation. Obviously it's a huge ask but if we win at Ross County and beat Thistle then we finish above them no matter if they beat Ayr.  If they draw against Ayr then a win for us against Thistle takes us above them on GD even if we lose at County.

A Ayr team without Shankland makes a huge difference .
Partick as I thought won tonight and will win on Saturday they are out of it now it makes it just us Alloa and Falkirk.

Apart from the odd goal Shankland has been pretty poor since he’s come back from injury. I think it’s more that he’s actually fully burnt out and needs to go away for his summer break before starting again with his new club.

Our season is over so I wouldn’t be holding out for any favours if I were you.

Before we play Partick, they will have 43 points (courtesy of Ayr), Alloa will finish with at least 41 points (courtesy of Ayr), so we are going to have to beat Partick on the last day (can't see us getting anything at Dingwall) to have a chance of finishing 8th. It's looking like the relegation playoffs to me (unless Falkirk stage a couple of final results). Playoffs for me, hopefully Dobbie back for them.

Wasn’t a weak Ayr side by any stretch of the imagination, but an Ayr team without Shankland is considerably less strong than an Ayr team with Shankland.

Taking a striker who’s scored over 20 league goals this season, will make your team considerably weaker...

We've only ourselves to blame anyway. If Ayr put out their Under 19's they would be fully entitled to do so and we can have no complaints. Blowing a 3-0 lead with 20 minutes left at home to Caley, only taking 1 point from 12 from the part-time club in the division, failing to beat 2 relegation rivals at home a couple of weeks back, those are the results that have ballsed us up this season.

We've only ourselves to blame anyway. If Ayr put out their Under 19's they would be fully entitled to do so and we can have no complaints. Blowing a 3-0 lead with 20 minutes left at home to Caley, only taking 1 point from 12 from the part-time club in the division, failing to beat 2 relegation rivals at home a couple of weeks back, those are the results that have ballsed us up this season.

You really can't argue with that logic

Add "losing 7 games in a row" to that.

57 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Indeed.

If we go down this season and we really might well do now, it will be exclusively the fault of Queen of the South.

Even if we do manage to stay up then massive changes are needed in the summer. Starting from the top. 

5 minutes ago, overthetop said:

Looking like Partick could be safe before coming to Palmerston on final Saturday. Will they still bring over a thousand and allow for a rare opening of the terrace?

If Thistle are safe then a carnival atmosphere as Palmerston is one of Thistle fans best away days I see a decent turn out.

If Thistle are safe then a carnival atmosphere as Palmerston is one of Thistle fans best away days I see a decent turn out.
Hopefully the Thistle players enjoy Palmerston as much and put their feet up for the day. We really need Caley to beat Alloa tomorrow or we're doomed.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
7 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Hopefully the Thistle players enjoy Palmerston as much and put their feet up for the day. We really need Caley to beat Alloa tomorrow or we're doomed.

I dont know. Your goal difference is well in your favour. I can see you beat us and Dunfermline losing both games to drop into the play offs.

41 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I dont know. Your goal difference is well in your favour. I can see you beat us and Dunfermline losing both games to drop into the play offs.

Our goal difference will hopefully be our saviour. With everything being so tight and almost any result possible in any game, it just could be those big scoring wins earlier that save us.

Class defending tonight again.

Our defending in open play was once again fine in that first half. We limited County to basically nothing whilst creating decent chances of our own.

Our defending of set plays is fucking pitiful though. As it is one aspect we definitely can work on in training it is unacceptable that we haven’t fixed this glaring issue.