The Queen of the South thread

5 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

Sorry, read your post wrong. I don't think withdrawing the money by a board member is allowed either, which would be involved if we were to pay off his contract. 

Maybe not but could use some of the money the club has the now sure the money could be flexible... 

7 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

Sorry, read your post wrong. I don't think withdrawing the money by a board member is allowed either, which would be involved if we were to pay off his contract. 

Johnston isn’t a director is he? So why would it involve a board member withdrawing money? 
Not saying the money could be used to pay him off but, if it can’t, it will be nothing to do with the inability of a director to withdraw it.

10 minutes ago, Flash said:

Johnston isn’t a director is he? So why would it involve a board member withdrawing money? 
Not saying the money could be used to pay him off but, if it can’t, it will be nothing to do with the inability of a director to withdraw it.

No but if the money can't be withdrawn then how can we use it to pay off his contract? 

ETA - What I mean is if the money isn't allowed to be withdrawn or pass hands then we won't be able to use it to pay off his contract. 

Hopefully we can though. 

Edited by FrankReynolds

1 minute ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

The club has money the £500,000 can substitute for what the pay off money would have been used for... 

I was going to say the exact same in an earlier post. I'm not saying we don't have money, I'm just not sure if we can use the 500k to pay him off. 

2 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

I was going to say the exact same in an earlier post. I'm not saying we don't have money, I'm just not sure if we can use the 500k to pay him off. 

No we probably can't use that particular money for that but sure there is ways and means it'll shouldn't cost that much to pay them both off tho. 

6 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

No but if the money can't be withdrawn then how can we use it to pay off his contract? 

ETA - What I mean is if the money isn't allowed to be withdrawn or pass hands then we won't be able to use it to pay off his contract. 

Hopefully we can though. 

Your post only said it wasn’t allowed to be withdrawn by board members, not that it wasn’t allowed to be withdrawn at all. I think that restriction (and the one re owners) only applies to make sure directors don’t use it to pay themselves or to pay dividends to shareholders or otherwise reward owners. If it is used to pay the players’ or the manager’s normal wages, it will be withdrawn by employees.
However, there may be other restrictions that prevent it being used for one-off events like paying off a manager.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Absolutely ridiculous. It's great for the club, but it's a ridiculous use of public money.

To put it into perspective, the delayed 4 billion pound refurbishment of Westminster is costing tax payer 2 million a week. 

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:
emoji23.png. That is simply not true.   

Who were the 5 better ones?

Lewis Strapp is a starter for ten and Dundee United probably had three more on their books alone. Not looking too good for the claim tbh. 

7 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

To put it into perspective, the delayed 4 billion pound refurbishment of Westminster is costing tax payer 2 million a week. 

To put it in perspective, once the Oxford vaccine has been approved, the money being sent to championship clubs could pay for the vaccination of over 800,000 people.

I can do stupid comparisons too.

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Last season.

Martin, traemarco,  robson, Marshall, Harvie.    

Dick and Strapp could be argued as well.   

Holt is better than Marshall. Both are middle of the road championship left backs, IMO.

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

To put it in perspective, once the Oxford vaccine has been approved, the money being sent to championship clubs could pay for the vaccination of over 800,000 people.

I can do stupid comparisons too.

Holt is better than Marshall. Both are middle of the road championship left backs, IMO.

Don’t see you crying about the 4 billion refurbishment of a building though... 

0885A86E-FD9A-4E88-A6D2-1294DC892516.jpeg

Edited by ALOREBURNE