The Queen of the South thread

I see someone has decided to use the arena car park as a work place for his car valeting business. Unless he pays a fee to the club? But I very much doubt that.
What happens if someone slips on the valeting chemicals he’s using in the arena car park? 

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fair enough.

A 3rd party deals with it, not the club directly. I've no idea why they haven't updated it for the Motherwell game since it was known. I've left a message to chase it up.

Is this a bad time to admit that I took that photo weeks ago, and I've no idea what it says now?

Only kidding.

1 hour ago, FrankReynolds said:

What happens if someone slips on the valeting chemicals he’s using in the arena car park? 

They'll probably end up on their arse, gravity can be a bugger. On the plus side they could get £250 from You've Been Framed if someone catches it on video. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

They'll probably end up on their arse, gravity can be a bugger. On the plus side they could get £250 from You've Been Framed if someone catches it on video. 

Is that an attempt at humour? That’s very poor, better luck next time. 

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fair enough.

A 3rd party deals with it, not the club directly. I've no idea why they haven't updated it for the Motherwell game since it was known. I've left a message to chase it up.

You must have a measure of control over the third party. Was mildly amused in the past over MT’s annoyance but now I have moved into Dumfries, in very close proximity tae Palmerston it’s beginning tae annoy me as well. Not very professional.

17 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

I see someone has decided to use the arena car park as a work place for his car valeting business. Unless he pays a fee to the club? But I very much doubt that.

Assuming it's a reputable company, then they'll have public liability insurance which will cover them. If it's not and they've not got an agreement with the club and are trading on their land, then someone should report it.

I've no idea where in the car park this valeting business is, surely in a corner away from the main approaches. Maybe got an agreement not to operate a few hours before and after match times, I don't know. Sure there's a valeting business runs in Falkirk's car park, even on match days, granted it's a bigger parking area and is segregated but I wonder if they've actually had any accidents involving match spectators slipping on soapy water. 

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I've no idea where in the car park this valeting business is, surely in a corner away from the main approaches. Maybe got an agreement not to operate a few hours before and after match times, I don't know. Sure there's a valeting business runs in Falkirk's car park, even on match days, granted it's a bigger parking area and is segregated but I wonder if they've actually had any accidents involving match spectators slipping on soapy water. 

He’s been doing it in the corner next to the players entrance. It’s not so much slipping on soapy water, it’s more the detailing chemicals, it can make the ground like a sheet of ice if not cleaned up properly. Tbf i seen Dan on the phone next to the crashed car and the next day it was moved so I’m hoping this guy will be shifted pretty soon. He has been doing it for a while though. 

5 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Looks like Motherwell have sold out their section for tonight. Home sections sales not looking so great so far though!

We'll be adding half a section more for Motherwell availability shortly. No great surprise given their attendance at Elgin on Saturday. It was anticipated they may sell out their original section. As per usual a significant number of Queens fans will either buy in person or leave it till nearer kick off to commit depending on weather. Fair chance Motherwell will outnumber us though. Really good support of over 750 heading down it seems.

14 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Just bought mine for tonight, also tried for a ticket for away at Queens Park but looks like the extra allocation is also sold out. How many tickets were we allocated in total?

Seen that. Originally allocated 86 tickets. Not sure how many more we got. Screams of tinpot to me though. 

Good to see Motherwell bringing a healthy support. As mentioned they'll almost certainly outnumber us but at least it should be a bit of a financial boost. 

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Seen that. Originally allocated 86 tickets. Not sure how many more we got. Screams of tinpot to me though. 

Good to see Motherwell bringing a healthy support. As mentioned they'll almost certainly outnumber us but at least it should be a bit of a financial boost. 

Aye, QP's transition to Professional status on the park certainly hasn't been matched off it. 

43 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Just bought mine for tonight, also tried for a ticket for away at Queens Park but looks like the extra allocation is also sold out. How many tickets were we allocated in total?

154 so far. All sold out.

Queen's Park have told me that they'll look at the position again next week once the deadline has passed for their own fans to secure their season ticket seats. They may be able to give us some more but may not.