The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You'll need to show your working with that comment.

If Murphy wasn't our manager I wouldn't be happy with that signing given I never rated McIntyre (I missed the two games he was apparently outstanding for us). But given he went to Annan and did well under Murphy, he clearly knows how to get the best from the boy so I'm happy enough with it. A big positive is it's another player who's played under Murphy signing. To me it shows he has confidence in what he can get from them players and the players obviously respect him enough to sign for him again. Hoping this will result in the side wanting to 'run through a brick wall' for him. 

Good. That's the kind of attitude I want from our players. 

I know he's (Stewart) apparently done ok so far but I'm confident we'll see another GK brought in at some point this season unless Cowie can keep hold of the No. 1 spot. 

Another CB/RB for me and a striker or two and our starting 11 should be competing. 

Agree with everything regards Macintyre. Murphy obviously knew how to get the best out of him on a regular basis and the fact Macintyre wants to play under him again says a lot about the gaffer.

regards Stewart I’ve been really pleased with what I’ve seen of him so far, he’s had no chance with goals conceded, he’s vocal and his distribution is excellent. I’m not in a major rush for a second goalkeeper, Thomson could sit on the bench until Cowie is back. If any injuries a loan signing could be made. Just think at this stage of there are other priorities and going with a smaller squad then having 4 keepers on our books seems daft 

we need a right back, centre back and a striker. I want a right winger too but think it’s asking too much. 

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

Who can play right wing back? For me we lack capability on that flank….

McKechnie at a push. But no thanks. 

if we do sign Barnes he’s versatile enough to cover RWB, RB and CB. He’s acquitted himself reasonably well in all 3 friendlies. Then Douglas and Brydon can cover if need be. But ideally you’d want two for me, bit like with the left hand side with Church and MacIntyre, but again know we’re working with smaller squad. 

Edited by qos1990

9 hours ago, qos1990 said:

if we do sign Barnes he’s versatile enough to cover RWB, RB and CB. He’s acquitted himself reasonably well in all 3 friendlies. Then Douglas and Brydon can cover if need be. But ideally you’d want two for me, bit like with the left hand side with Church and MacIntyre, but again know we’re working with smaller squad. 

Yup

10 hours ago, qos1990 said:

I'm still not too familiar with some of the trialists we've used, if Barnes was the player at rb against Morton then he looked fairly decent. 

Also see on the OS that Lee Connelly is still listed as a squad member for this season. No squad numbers against players names yet either as far as I can see.

40 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm still not too familiar with some of the trialists we've used, if Barnes was the player at rb against Morton then he looked fairly decent. 

Also see on the OS that Lee Connelly is still listed as a squad member for this season. No squad numbers against players names yet either as far as I can see.

Yes, moved into back 3 when dickenson was subbed. I’ve seen enough to think he’s a decent option if he’s not costing a fortune

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Teams below the Championship don’t need to have squad numbers. Maybe Queens aren’t bothering this year.

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

So is Lewis Currie tbf and he's not returning. Perhaps the club are keeping them up until they're officially away. 

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Think the list has been updated since this morning. 

That does indeed seem to be the case.  The reserve squad page still lists Lewis Downie and Charlie Watson who have both signed for Threave though.

ETA - now updated too, also showing that Mendy has also departed.

Edited by Slipmat

26 minutes ago, Gall09 said:

Cammy Logan.

Discuss. 

Surely not getting a gig at Championship level? Fully expected him to rock up at a fellow L1 or L2 side tbh. Was with us on loan and was OK so I was happy he joined permanently. Then he turned to shite. In his defence, Bartley seemed to get the worst from every player at his disposal so there's hope for him if a manager can get the best out of him. 

Though in all honesty, Bartley can't be blamed for the numerous times Logan would just kick the ball out of play/fail to track his man/pass the ball straight to the opponent. 

48 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Surely not getting a gig at Championship level? Fully expected him to rock up at a fellow L1 or L2 side tbh. Was with us on loan and was OK so I was happy he joined permanently. Then he turned to shite. In his defence, Bartley seemed to get the worst from every player at his disposal so there's hope for him if a manager can get the best out of him. 

Though in all honesty, Bartley can't be blamed for the numerous times Logan would just kick the ball out of play/fail to track his man/pass the ball straight to the opponent. 

My thoughts too. He must have some agent if he's signing for Queens Park. 

1 hour ago, Gall09 said:

Cammy Logan.

Discuss. 

Oh dear.  Another player that Bartley managed to get the worst out of.  That said he seems to have a complete inability to even do the basics, and very poor positionally.  Surely he isn't getting a gig at Championship level?  On the evidence of last season I'd say League 2 was more his level.  

15 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Signed until January apparently.

Happy enough with that (if it's official). As I said a page or so back I was always expecting another GK to come in. I hope it means Cowie is going out on loan again (very harsh FWIW) rather than his injury being very serious.