The Queen of the South thread

If we start with Mcshane again on Saturday I am not going back under McIntyre. Seems harsh but I can't see why he keeps persisting with him, he is useless and offers nothing. Giving him the responsibility to take corners is enough to get a long term stay in Carstairs, especially when Mitchell is on the park. Kev must really be pleased he did all that running about to gain visa's and work permits and even Slattery is a better option IMO. When young is back and Paton fit surely he will lose his place ?

Afraid I have reached the not going back stage, call me not a real fan all you want but I aint chasing lost causes.

The BOD are doing good things off the park and this dud is taking us backwards, he is actually worse than Gus, never thought that could be possible.

Afraid I have reached the not going back stage, call me not a real fan all you want but I aint chasing lost causes.

The BOD are doing good things off the park and this dud is taking us backwards, he is actually worse than Gus, never thought that could be possible.

Don't think you can compare give Jim a chance 3 signings in the window would be good but believe our current squad can get us s mid table finish at least come end of the season.

Up the QUEENS.

In the Sun today

Lee Robinson has been training with Rangers and St Johnstone.

He is now assessing what to do next

I wonder if Queens have spoke to him yet

We must sign if we can 2 strikers in Jan.

A 6 foot plus striker we are to lightweight up top

John Gemmill of Stenhousemuir and Jamie Longworth of Stranraer are the 2 I would try and get.

Most teams will add to there squad Alloa are going to add at least 3 loan signing.

Every club wants more than ever to stay in this league next season with Rangers and Hearts going to be in it

Don't think you can compare give Jim a chance 3 signings in the window would be good but believe our current squad can get us s mid table finish at least come end of the season.

Up the QUEENS.

Why can you not compare them? To be honest, any comparisons would end up more favourable to McPherson than McIntyre. At least Gus had the excuse of having to build a team, almost, from scratch with pretty much no money.

So far, McIntyre has signed three players. One was never, ever good enough and will need to be replaced in January. One was no better than we already had, yet he persisted with him leaving a better player on the bench. The last has spent the last few weeks on the bench watching a player not as good as him start!

God knows what we'll end up with in January.

Gus's team were far, far worse. He had to build it though and failed miserably.

McIntyre had virtually everything in place, yet has still made an arse of it, which is arguably worse.

His signings thus far make me very concerned about the next two windows. I fear he will paper over his own inadequacies by breaking up a group the fans have a strong bond with, and replacing them with mediocre crap.

Gus's team were far, far worse. He had to build it though and failed miserably.

McIntyre had virtually everything in place, yet has still made an arse of it, which is arguably worse.

His signings thus far make me very concerned about the next two windows. I fear he will paper over his own inadequacies by breaking up a group the fans have a strong bond with, and replacing them with mediocre crap.

Indeed. Instead of changing his system to fit the players we have, he'll change the players to fit with his system.

We are currently a massive 2 points better off than we were under Gus at the same stage.

And we have exactly the same points as the part-time team that won the Second in 2002 with 67 points ie 25 points fewer than we won it with last season.

He's a dud.

Up the QUEENS.

He's had his chance and he's blown it.

Why can't people see he is a dud.

Im still a bit puzzled/pissed off about how we lined up at the start. Ok we had injuries but even the players who started could have been deployed better in his formation.

We started with-

-------mckenna---mcshane---

Burns------carmichael---lyle

------------russell-----------

Considering russell has played on the wing all season and carmichael has rarely if ever started where he did I dont know why he didn't go...

----mckenna----mcshane--

Carmichael----burns---russell

--------------lyle-------------

It might not have done any better but it least it would have made sense with the 11 he chose to start with (and finish with as it turned out!)

In the Sun todayLee Robinson has been training with Rangers and St Johnstone.He is now assessing what to do nextI wonder if Queens have spoke to him yetWe must sign if we can 2 strikers in Jan.A 6 foot plus striker we are to lightweight up topJohn Gemmill of Stenhousemuir and Jamie Longworth of Stranraer are the 2 I would try and get.Most teams will add to there squad Alloa are going to add at least 3 loan signing.Every club wants more than ever to stay in this league next season with Rangers and Hearts going to be in it

Would defo try john gemmill am actually surprised with the goals he's scored over the years no1 has tried before now.

In the Sun today Lee Robinson has been training with Rangers and St Johnstone. He is now assessing what to do next I wonder if Queens have spoke to him yet We must sign if we can 2 strikers in Jan. A 6 foot plus striker we are to lightweight up top John Gemmill of Stenhousemuir and Jamie Longworth of Stranraer are the 2 I would try and get. Most teams will add to there squad Alloa are going to add at least 3 loan signing. Every club wants more than ever to stay in this league next season with Rangers and Hearts going to be in it

Would defo try john gemmill am actually surprised with the goals he's scored over the years no1 has tried before now.

Really?! An utter donkey IMO. Wouldn't want him anywhere near our squad. How he is playing as high as Div 2 baffles me.

I'm officially done with JM. I haven't once called for his head or had a right good go at him, but yesterday was the final straw. You go 2-0 down away from home in a cup game against a team you are expected to get beat against anyway, you have youngsters on the bench itching for match practice. The tie is basically dead and buried anyway. If I was in that situation as a manager I would either go all out attack or at the very least give some of the youngsters valuable game time to boost their confidence. So what do you do Jim? F*ck all! Try and sit on to what we have. Utter tube. The guy IS as bad as McPherson if not worse.

Please don't go kirky, don't abandon us .

Really?! An utter donkey IMO. Wouldn't want him anywhere near our squad. How he is playing as high as Div 2 baffles me.

I'm officially done with JM. I haven't once called for his head or had a right good go at him, but yesterday was the final straw. You go 2-0 down away from home in a cup game against a team you are expected to get beat against anyway, you have youngsters on the bench itching for match practice. The tie is basically dead and buried anyway. If I was in that situation as a manager I would either go all out attack or at the very least give some of the youngsters valuable game time to boost their confidence. So what do you do Jim? F*ck all! Try and sit on to what we have. Utter tube. The guy IS as bad as McPherson if not worse.

Can't say I'm very impressed with the way things have gone so far this season but I'll never not go along & support my team like two other fans have threatened on this thread .

Even during the dire performances under McPherson I didn't spit the dummy & not support Queens

Edited by the_vortex

Can't say I'm very impressed with the way things have gone so far this season but I'll never not go along & support my team like two other fans have threatened on this thread .

Even during the dire performances under McPherson I didn't spit the dummy & not support Queens

Have to agree you don't stop going because of a manager. Managers and players come and go the club is the one constant.

Lets hope for a win on Saturday and a reasonable turnout from Queens fans.