The Queen of the South thread

Baird has always impressed me the various times he has played against us and is a real livewire striker. Im guessing Vassell isn't signing unless he is a targetman or can be utilised as a winger

The guy who first posted it on MAD has now posted that it isnt happening. Call me cynical, but Id say it never was

Great signing. I doubt there will be many better strikers joining Championship sides this summer.

Absolutely amazed it wasnt Kyle Vassell :rolleyes:

Thought you wanted Clark on loan. ;)

Just need a left back now.

Is it too early to start playing Guess the Opening Day Fixture?

If not, I'll say Raith away.

If they're still around I would take Sevco away as our first league game. It's always good to start the season off with a win. Baird and Reilly with a couple each would certainly put the dampeners on their flag unveiling party.

That's the second time you've said that and the second time I've pointed out its not true

A left back?

Yep a left back, take it you've watched our games this season.

Next season will be even tougher, when Holt has off days and he had a few which were stinkers or he misses through suspension or injury we need someone to fill in at left back. I'm not sure if Slattery is up to it yet and all though a very good pro Higgins isn't the man either.

Higgins is fine as cover for left back. Signing another would be a waste of a wage. The squad looks pretty good now, I'd like another winger if possible though.

Russell, Danny, Paton, Burns not to mention sometimes McIntyre plays narrow formations without wingers so why would we want another?

Left back is the ONLY position we do not have natural cover.

Russell, Danny, Paton, Burns not to mention sometimes McIntyre plays narrow formations without wingers so why would we want another?

Left back is the ONLY position we do not have natural cover.

Only 1 of them is a genuine winger. Burns hasn't been a wide midfielder since about 2010, and he's never been a winger. Neither Paton or Russell provide genuine width as both prefer to turn inside.

So yes, a winger.

I'd be sorely disappointed if he went to Queens. He was clearly enjoying his time with us, and is a bit of a legend following on from the Ramsden's Cup win. His interview afterwards showed how emotional he was and how much it meant to him.

I understand your disappointment.

He's always looked lively and clinical and I'm delighted we've got him - a really exciting signing for us.

Your reference to his Ramsden's interview is bizarre though. After providing such a high, his comments bordered on the disgracefully disrespectful. He basically said after scoring such a dramatic winner for Raith and their fans, that doing so was merely the next best thing to playing and scoring for the OF. If I was a Raith fan, such comments would have pissed me off.

Yep a left back, take it you've watched our games this season.

Next season will be even tougher, when Holt has off days and he had a few which were stinkers or he misses through suspension or injury we need someone to fill in at left back. I'm not sure if Slattery is up to it yet and all though a very good pro Higgins isn't the man either.

Higgins will provide enough cover for the times he'll be needed. If Holt picks up an injury we would bring someone in on loan. As qos1990 points out, we have, arguably, less cover at right back.

Higgins will provide enough cover for the times he'll be needed. If Holt picks up an injury we would bring someone in on loan. As qos1990 points out, we have, arguably, less cover at right back.

People were slating Higgins while he played at left back. Right back we have Mitchell, Dowie, Hopper and Burns if required.

John Baird has signed for Queens.

Always scored against us let's hope he can score for us !!

Surprised Raith did not do more to keep him will surely be a hero for them after scoring the goal in the cup final.

He has signed a 2 year contract with us think that is why he signed for us.

John Baird has signed for Queens.

Always scored against us let's hope he can score for us !!

Surprised Raith did not do more to keep him will surely be a hero for them after scoring the goal in the cup final.

He has signed a 2 year contract with us think that is why he signed for us.

Did you have to start a new thread, it's already on three others?