The Queen of the South thread

I see your logic here, but are Hearts and Hibs really likely to require such large allocations?

If both Edinburgh clubs get off to a good start then I see no reason why the wouldn't be looking to bring around 3-4k.

Might be an idea to hold back half the tickets for the new stand until it becomes clearer how ticket sales are going?

Can you honestly see in excess of 5k members of the dumfries public bothering to turn up for a game at Palmy?!!

If both Edinburgh clubs get off to a good start then I see no reason why the wouldn't be looking to bring around 3-4k.

Might be an idea to hold back half the tickets for the new stand until it becomes clearer how ticket sales are going?

Can you honestly see in excess of 5k members of the dumfries public bothering to turn up for a game at Palmy?!!

You won't get 4000 folk from Dumfries supporting Queens.

No I can't, but I think people are overestimating how many will travel from the Edinburgh clubs.

The likelihood - although it's far from certain - is that Rangers will win the League, quite possibly comfortably. It's certainly difficult to conceive of a scenario whereby both Edinburgh sides are doing so well that 4 or 5 thousand fans are following each of them round the country.

No I can't, but I think people are overestimating how many will travel from the Edinburgh clubs.

The likelihood - although it's far from certain - is that Rangers will win the League, quite possibly comfortably. It's certainly difficult to conceive of a scenario whereby both Edinburgh sides are doing so well that 4 or 5 thousand fans are following each of them round the country.

Agreed 1500 maybe

Both ourselves and Alloa offer that choice

Yes, which is why I said fairly novel, as opposed to unique.

Certainly for a bigger ground, offering plenty of seats and decent views, Palmerston would have a particularly good selling point.

People who wished to stand behind a goal could do so, while those who prefer a fence-free view from a seat along the side of the pitch, would also be accommodated. The relevant parts of the ground would be adjacent. I think it would have an appeal.

Allocating the whole of the new stand to away supporters in big games has long been a bug-bear of mine. I appreciate the commercial reasons behind it, and I also believe the police had a say in this decision previously as well. However, aside from the fact it is our biggest and newest stand, it also sees us evicting ST holders who have paid handsomely for the privilege of sitting in that stand. On top of this, gifting roughly a third of the tickets to the so called “bigger team” diminishes any advantage a home tie offers. It’s surely a factor in our appalling record against greater opposition.

It is particularly galling when you consider the shoddy treatment we ourselves have faced as away fans in various grounds around the country (stuck in the corner at Dens miles from the action, and crammed into the stand at Cappielow to name just two. Not to mention the times our support is massively underestimated and not enough turnstyles have been operational). In comparison we are quite open armed and welcoming to away fans, at the expense of our own sometimes.

Next season, I personally would have liked us to have kept the away allocation in the Rosefield Stand the same as normal, and in addition to this have the Terregles Street end open for every team.

I don’t want to be too critical of the Board because their number one priority is raising revenue and that’s fair enough. It’s not as if the decision to give the away fans the new stand has stopped any Queens fans who wanted to attend from going, it just forces some to rearrange how they go about it. Ultimately the people of Dumfries only have themselves to blame, if they could prove to the board that we could fill three-quarters of the ground ourselves then they would be forced into reconsidering allocations.

Allocating the whole of the new stand to away supporters in big games has long been a bug-bear of mine. I appreciate the commercial reasons behind it, and I also believe the police had a say in this decision previously as well. However, aside from the fact it is our biggest and newest stand, it also sees us evicting ST holders who have paid handsomely for the privilege of sitting in that stand. On top of this, gifting roughly a third of the tickets to the so called “bigger team” diminishes any advantage a home tie offers. It’s surely a factor in our appalling record against greater opposition.

It is particularly galling when you consider the shoddy treatment we ourselves have faced as away fans in various grounds around the country (stuck in the corner at Dens miles from the action, and crammed into the stand at Cappielow to name just two. Not to mention the times our support is massively underestimated and not enough turnstyles have been operational). In comparison we are quite open armed and welcoming to away fans, at the expense of our own sometimes.

Next season, I personally would have liked us to have kept the away allocation in the Rosefield Stand the same as normal, and in addition to this have the Terregles Street end open for every team.

I don’t want to be too critical of the Board because their number one priority is raising revenue and that’s fair enough. It’s not as if the decision to give the away fans the new stand has stopped any Queens fans who wanted to attend from going, it just forces some to rearrange how they go about it. Ultimately the people of Dumfries only have themselves to blame, if they could prove to the board that we could fill three-quarters of the ground ourselves then they would be forced into reconsidering allocations.

That isnt too far from what is happening. The away allocation in the stand has been increased and some season ticket holders have been relocated. Additional away fans will then be put behind the goals. No-one will get the whole of the Rosefield Stand next season and, from what Ive read, no season ticket holders will be moved for individual games

That isnt too far from what is happening. The away allocation in the stand has been increased and some season ticket holders have been relocated. Additional away fans will then be put behind the goals. No-one will get the whole of the Rosefield Stand next season and, from what Ive read, no season ticket holders will be moved for individual games

When I travel to watch Queens away from home, I would never sit in the corner of a stand not would I sit or stand behind the goals. i make a point of sitting where the best view is, even if and when I have to mingle with the home support. I have never had problems, even watching from the main stand at Ibrox Park when we won on penalties a few months back. :)

Do you think so. I for one don't and hope they are in for a shock or two?