The Queen of the South thread

You are wrong I'm afraid. I don't think the definition is "playing" as such but to get a visa he has to demonstrate that he brings something a Scottish /British player doesn't. Can't really claim that if the guy has sat on the bench all season

Christ! Happy to be proven wrong as stated. But that's a bit mental. I'd have thought that he would be fine as long as he was bringing in a wage and paying tax. Very harsh that he has to be playing regularly as well. I'd imagine if we were keen to keep him further, then the best solution would be to loan him out for a couple of months to fulfil his 'quota' of games (or however it's measured).

About time Queens shook off this mid season slumber / torpor and got three points on the board starting against Livingston.

January doesn't make for good reading either! I'd be extremely happy if we start February sitting in 4th place.

Since that game it looks as though some players have dropped their performance levels. McShane and Holt look as though they are still playing to impress whereas the likes of Durnan and Reilly look as though they are just playing within themselves. Hope I'm wrong and not reading to much into this.

I thought this about him against Cowden. I thought he was very tame in the tackle and it wasn't his usual 'don't give a f*ck' style. I'd be very shocked to find out he was leaving next month, but the way he was going about during that game genuinely made me wonder. As I said elsewhere, it was a bad day at the office for everyone and I was probably reading too much into it. He's allowed a couple of bad performances considering the amount of excellent ones he gives us.

Is that THE Stevie Mallans kid? I saw the name but wasn't sure.

It is.

Hearts interested in Gav.

County in Durnan /Gav County/Dundee/McShane

Hibs/numerous English clubs in Holt

You seem to have a young reasonably successful team who playing attractive football and are fighting it out with the "big boys" of the league therefore you would expect other so called bigger teams being interested in some if not most of your players.

It's just one of those inevitable facts of football.

Edited by Charlie.

The wholesale plundering is much more likely to occur in the Summer I would imagine. Although the possible effects of pre-contracts on a player's motivation can't be understated. We just have to hope they remain professional.

As Charlie says it is the inevitable price of success. Losing players (and managers) to a higher level is a far more favourable position than losing them to unemployment/lower league obscurity.

Heard a story yesterday of a changing room bust up after the game on Saturday . I'll not name the player involved but I think he said what others have been feeling recently . This maybe explains why we've not been at the races the last two games .

It would maybe help if Queens got themselves a proper assistant manager or at least someone who knows what he's talking about

Heard a story yesterday of a changing room bust up after the game on Saturday . I'll not name the player involved but I think he said what others have been feeling recently . This maybe explains why we've not been at the races the last two games .

It would maybe help if Queens got themselves a proper assistant manager or at least someone who knows what he's talking abouStrong words there indeed

Strong words there indeed. Yes players are signing on for more money than others got offered. There are also others talking to other clubs and will be signing pre-contracts and will no longer have their hearts on the club's sleeves. Nothing wrong with big Jim Thomson though, he's a leader through and through.

Strong words there indeed. Yes players are signing on for more money than others got offered. There are also others talking to other clubs and will be signing pre-contracts and will no longer have their hearts on the club's sleeves. Nothing wrong with big Jim Thomson though, he's a leader through and through.

Personally speaking I like the big fella but if rumours are true there's a rift in the dressing room

Maybe explains recent performance

Heard a story yesterday of a changing room bust up after the game on Saturday . I'll not name the player involved but I think he said what others have been feeling recently . This maybe explains why we've not been at the races the last two games .It would maybe help if Queens got themselves a proper assistant manager or at least someone who knows what he's talking about
Personally speaking I like the big fella but if rumours are true there's a rift in the dressing room Maybe explains recent performance
After the performance on Saturday I would be disappointed if there wasn't strong words said in the dressing room as I would hope everyone of them is passionate about this club.As for romours it was a great album by the Mac, and I hope nobody is talking out of class!

Many Queens fans are talking on this site as if our performance on Saturday was of the disastrous variety.

The reality was that Alloa played very well and while we didn't scale the heights the game was pretty even in terms of genuine

chances, possession etc. I think a draw was a fair result - neither team doing enough to win.

The team gave 100% - tried to attack whenever possible and played some good stuff at times. Our makeshift back 4 coped pretty well.

Alloa have beaten Hibs and Rangers at home and run Hearts close - I am not sure what gives us the right to expect to go to Alloa and expect to win comfortably.

It was a disappointing outcome as was the Cowden game but we certainly didn't play badly against Cowden and I thought we battled hard on Saturday in challenging circumstances.

These results were very disappointing but the actual performances were not anywhere near as bad as our earlier performance away to Cowden when we set up negatively for some inexlicable reason.

Many Queens fans are talking on this site as if our performance on Saturday was of the disastrous variety.

The reality was that Alloa played very well and while we didn't scale the heights the game was pretty even in terms of genuine

chances, possession etc. I think a draw was a fair result - neither team doing enough to win.

The team gave 100% - tried to attack whenever possible and played some good stuff at times. Our makeshift back 4 coped pretty well.

Alloa have beaten Hibs and Rangers at home and run Hearts close - I am not sure what gives us the right to expect to go to Alloa and expect to win comfortably.

It was a disappointing outcome as was the Cowden game but we certainly didn't play badly against Cowden and I thought we battled hard on Saturday in challenging circumstances.

These results were very disappointing but the actual performances were not anywhere near as bad as our earlier performance away to Cowden when we set up negatively for some inexlicable reason.

Don't really think people are that disappointed in drawing with Alloa. As you point out , they are a tough team at home and its no disaster . My guess is that fans are still reeling with defeat at home to Cowdenbeath and were desperate for the team to make amends . Alloa would have looked at our young defence and thought a win was in their sights but it wasnt . End of the day , we are still three points up on Falkirk, with our injured players ready to come back for the seasons second half. Fourth place finish will do me fine but its now time to put this Livingston 'thing ' to bed Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Don't really think people are that disappointed in drawing with Alloa. As you point out , they are a tough team at home and its no disaster . My guess is that fans are still reeling with defeat at home to Cowdenbeath and were desperate for the team to make amends . End of the day , we are still three points up on Falkirk, with our injured players ready to come back for the seasons second half. Fourth place finish will do me fine but its now time to put this Livingston 'thing ' to bed

Yes, I'd agree with that. In isolation, a point at Alloa isn't bad at all, but the previous week's result made it feel like more of a must-win.

The points dropped to struggling teams, as well as the two tame, damaging Cup exits have been the only real black spots on the season to date and it now needs to change as we enter the second half.