The Queen of the South thread

Guest Back Post Misses

Disappointed to have this confirmed. Kerr IMHO has been excellent for us. While the return of Burns and hopefully McKenna soon are welcome neither offer the ability to control a midfield that Kerr did. :(

Will join a proper football club now I guess

I only saw big Jim play once live, but have seen him on a few TV games and he looked very much a leader on the park. But obviously something is not right with him.

Indeed. He captained the side and was, as you say, very much a leader on the pitch.

Now that obviously doesn't automatically translate into ability as a coach, but I still don't really understand why so many Queens fans on here are keen to see Jim in this capacity, as a problem.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Right, what's the rumour? What's he done.

Allegedly told big Jim Thomson he's f@@king clueless & then turned on the manager . Asking him " didn't you learn anything from Jim McIntyre because your training is sh@@ :)

Edited by the_vortex

Allegedly told big Jim Thomson he's f@@king clueless & then turned on the manager . Asking him " didn't you learn anything from Jim McIntyre because your training is sh@@ :)

Talking from a Mark Kerr point of view, the likelihood is that Jim Thomson is 'fucking clueless'. Now we obviously don't have clear-cut proof of this, but the general consensus surrounding him is that he is - and if he's giving defensive tips to Durnan then god help us all. It also wouldn't surprise me if Fowler's training is shite, as he's obviously new to the role, and is inexperienced in that regard. Before some fool points out that he has his coaching badges, so did Ally McCoist, so it's not a guarantee for quality. Usually an assistant manager would help in this capacity, but as previously stated, the consensus is Thomson is pretty useless. Now of course if I am wrong and he's a magnificent assistant and coach then I could accept it, but I don't think it's far-fetched to assume he's shite.

Where Kerr comes in, is that he could offer support and ideas to Fowler, or ask the board to appoint a proper, experienced assistant for Fowler. What he did was extremely unprofessional and I'm glad that he's been removed/left/whatever. What the club must do now is appoint a relatively experienced assistant, or hope that Fowler can handle the situation on his own or else everyone else gets disillusioned and threatens to leave. I'd like to think that Kerr was the only dressing room problem, but the talk of players signing pre-contracts or wanting better wages (however true they may be) is ultimately concerning.

ETA: I do like Thomson and it's nice to see him involved at the club, but this role does not seem best suited for him.

Edited by Chupacabra