The Queen of the South thread

Im assuming there is no video evidence. The Dumbarton footage certainly missed it as their camera was pointed at the keeper who had gone down. Its likely ours was too.

There was no video evidence. We're all well aware what the deadlines for lodging an appeal are. It's not like we've not done so before. on occasion successfully.

Yes I had heard QoS going to use this venue for a QoS soccer academy.

First step in moving first team training to Dumfries ?? Rumour I heard is QOS taking over whole King George Complex from council. Gym pitches the lot Edited by DUMFRIES_CREW

Fair enough outsider if what you say is true then there probably are a few things that need looked at and improved on.

I'm in no position to comment on the U20s as I have no involvement with it whatsoever. I've not so much as even attended a match.

What I was getting at with my post was that whinging on an Internet forum, and making vague accusations isn't going to fix anything.

Any grievances, petty or not, should be directed to the club who I believe are more than welcoming to suggestions on how to improve things.

Firstly, everything outsider says is true, though to be honest he's only pointing out the tip of the iceberg.

You say your are in no position to comment & you have no involvement. Strange that you always have a comment to make whenever the topic is raised, so makes me wonder why !!!

These so called vague accusations as you call them are fact, otherwise why would people like outsider etc say it.

As for grievances being directed at the club, I don't blame the club itself it's just a very few individuals within the club that for whatever reason seem to be untouchable & god help anyone who dare question them.

Like I have said before the club is doing so much right on & off the field going forward & I commend that, but some people are not & blatantly getting away with it.

Interesting news about the training situation.

I have to say that i would be very surprised if Queens return to a Dumfries based training regime for the first team squad. That said I have every sympathy for Dumfries based QOS players having to travel to Cumbernauld for training but the reality is that the vast majority of the first pick players are based in central belt and if you want a mass exodus of key players in close season then an introduction of local training would most likely be the catalyst for such action.

The only way that this would ever work given the extreme geography is for Queens to be a team/squad of local players.

The reality is that we will always rely on the central belt for the nucleus of our squad and if we limit ourselves to local talent (and there is some great local talent) we will never be able to compete at the levels currently being enjoyed.

It is great that the club is being proactive as regards facilities but I cant see local training for first team being a realistic option.

Just out of interest, just how good is Kevin Holt? Only seen him against Dundee and know his reputation. Looked class against us.

How would you compare him to say -

Bob Harris? How far can he go? Still expect he'll be off down South. Probably the better deal for him as well.

He is one of the best prospects in the country .There will be a big queue for his services when he leaves in the summer.I would think he will head south .

He is one of the best prospects in the country .There will be a big queue for his services when he leaves in the summer.I would think he will head south .

Here's hoping Holty moves South if he leaves at the end of the season as Queens would be due a hefty development fee for him.

Dumbarton fans were saying the same about Paul McGinn as well and he ended up at Dundee. Stranger things have happened but I really doubt it will happen as like you said the fee would be too high.

Paul McGinn had been at Dumbarton a year. Kevin Holt has been at Queen of the South for 11 years. Not really the same scenario.

Couple of the big Bomber wages off our overall budget AND a top 6 finish and I reckon we have an outside chance with the large sum we'll receive straight away. Bottom 6 will more than likely categorically rule us out.

Evening Tele has Hartley as speaking to Kevin Holt. Would you lot be due a development?

Yes but looks as tho he not going to Dens as Dundee have signed Alloa left back Daryll Meggatt (24 yr old) left back on a pre contract. Edited by SUPERSOUTH

I doubt it would be finances that would be a problem for Dundee potentially signing Holt (when have they ever let that stop them in the past :P )

Obviously if there is interest from England though it is unlikely he will head to Dens. There are probably a few clubs in the Scottish Premiership ahead of Dundee in the queue were they to show interest as well.

I wouldn't completely rule it out though. Everyone is expecting a mass exodus in the Summer, although the same people were also expecting the same in January and it never materialised. We don't really have a reputation for producing young players, and there are no real precedents to compare with the current crop. These boys might have to make a relatively small step up to a middling Premiership side before anyone down south is willing to take them seriously.

If the two strikers are Russell and a half fit Reilly with Paton who gets worse everygame we were never ever going to win tonight. Chris Mitchell looked so bad when he came on, dwelled on the ball half the time and the other just first time lumped it downwind far too hard. Think him and Paton will be lucky to be here next year as league one is calling.

I will stick my head above the parrapet and say that I think McShane has been overated on the back of a few good performances. Is he a decent midfielder? I would say yes. Is he someone who could go on to higher level? I would say no. Happy to be proved wrong though.