The Queen of the South thread

Well, results here and in Falkirk both went for us today and looking at upcoming fixtures, it was pretty essential that they did.

By the time we meet Falkirk, it's still likely that we'll trail them, very possibly by a significant margin. Today's results have helped ensure we'll still be suitably in touch by then though, especially given the fixtures that follow that game for both sides. A win at Raith midweek would be hugely helpful too.

Of course, should Hibs win tomorrow, then incredibly, Rangers really do have to be considered to be entering the equation. I still find it hard to believe they'll keep faltering as badly, but it's certainly now possible. It may well be that our Palmerston meeting with Rangers is as important as the Falkirk one. Our chances would certainly improve if three sides were fighting for two spots, rather than two sides scrapping for one.

Exciting times. Sneaking something in Edinburgh might just prove necessary though.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Hopefully rangers get a point tomorrow. I'd feel much more confident of getting something next week if they already had the league won.

I think I agree with that but it is one of those games where there are positives and negatives about every result. I guess unless we harbour any vague hopes of catching Hibs then there are no benefits to a Rangers win over a draw. But a Hibs win puts Rangers very much in reach whilst probably making getting anything at Tynecastle harder. A draw certainly improves our chances next week but moves Rangers an extra point clear of us.

I think we can get a result at hibs definitely although it will be extremely difficult. Next week if we get anything it will be superb. Goal difference looking good to so hopefully if we do get beat its not 3/4 nil etc.

I think I agree with that but it is one of those games where there are positives and negatives about every result. I guess unless we harbour any vague hopes of catching Hibs then there are no benefits to a Rangers win over a draw. But a Hibs win puts Rangers very much in reach whilst probably making getting anything at Tynecastle harder. A draw certainly improves our chances next week but moves Rangers an extra point clear of us.

I dont fancy going to Tynecastle and facing a Hearts team who know a win will clinch the league. Given Rangers recent form, and the fact that they still have to play Hearts twice, I think Id rather see them take a point tomorrow. I wouldnt want them to go and win though

I dont fancy going to Tynecastle and facing a Hearts team who know a win will clinch the league. Given Rangers recent form, and the fact that they still have to play Hearts twice, I think Id rather see them take a point tomorrow. I wouldnt want them to go and win though

Agree with this.^^^

In our three meetings with Hearts I don't feel we have played our best while still receiving fairly patronising plaudits. Gubbed 3-0 4-1 and we were the best team they had played at that point. If Falkirk are capable of going there and winning then so are we. Let's go spoil the party.

Nah, Hearts will be looking to win regardless.

I would much rather Hibs win tomorrow as it keeps Rangers poor run going. The longer that continues the better for us.

I can see both us and Falkirk overtaking them.

Edited by qos_75

In our three meetings with Hearts I don't feel we have played our best while still receiving fairly patronising plaudits. Gubbed 3-0 4-1 and we were the best team they had played at that point. If Falkirk are capable of going there and winning then so are we. Let's go spoil the party.

I think we are a wee bit unlucky to have got nothing from Hearts so far albeit they have shown what good champions they have been by stepping up when required. Thought we played really well for an hour first time at Palmerston. Should have been at least one up but fell victim to two wonderful goals. We did ok at Tynecastle too where at 1-1 Dowie missed a sitter and Bauban should have been sent off. Wilson then grabbed a fluke and they ran away with it. Second game at Palmerston was much poorer from both sides but again unlucky to lose to a late fluke.

Going to Hearts is difficult enough an time never mind when the title can be clinched but we are maybe due a wee bit of luck against them.

Looking in from the outside guys, I don't think that you have anything to fear from Falkirk or Rangers and though amazing as it is the latter really are entering the equation. IF and it is of course a big IF Rangers were to lose against us twice, tomorrow at Hibs and against both you and Falkirk they could be in big trouble. There is every reason to think you guys can take them in Dumfries and that they could lose to us twice and Hibs but can Falkirk go to Ibrox 2nd last match and beat them, I'm not so sure.

What I do know is that you shouldn't be worrying about Hearts motivation regardless of what happens tomorrow. I know that comment also goes for your match at Tynie next week but Neilson and Levein will want us continuing to play and score goals and there are a lot of people wanting us to hit the 100 goals for instance (we need 16 in 7). Today we equalled our best ever run of consecutive away wins (9) in our history so go to Ibrox looking to beat that and also beat our previous away run of undefeated away league games (18) so we have a lot to play for even if the title is in the bag. If Rangers need anything last game of the season at Tynecastle you can expect us to do everything to stop them.

Anyway, all the best, the vast majority of Hearts fans want to see you come up with us and certainly to see you in the play off scenario as you can beat either Hibs or Rangers if on your game meaning another season in the Championship for them.

Edited by Hendricks

On balance, I think I want a Hibs win today, ideally a heavy one for Rangers' GD and morale purposes.

I get the logic about not wanting to face a Hearts side trying extra hard to beat us in order to clinch the title at home. However, as Hendricks said, Hearts are unlikely to lack motivation either way. They obviously still have targets this season and that relaxed party atmosphere can be inspiring too - remember what we did to Morton in 2002.

A Rangers defeat would continue their rotten run and really, really have them nervous about slipping out of the picture altogether. The race becomes one genuinely featuring three horses and two prizes, rather than one with two horses and one reward.

I agree that we're due more luck against Hearts than we've had thus far and I've not given up on us getting something. However, I still think it's very likely that we won't, regardless of what rides directly on the outcome for Hearts. Given the choice between hoping we benefit from something as intangible and unquantifiable as reduced Hearts motivation, is not as attractive to me as being another actual point closer to Rangers.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Perfectly happy with today's result at Easter Road. Hope we line up and applaud them onto the pitch next week. Wouldn't be the first time that a title already won party was pooped by visitors.

Perfectly happy with today's result at Easter Road. Hope we line up and applaud them onto the pitch next week. Wouldn't be the first time that a title already won party was pooped by visitors.

I'm not, we could have overtaken Rangers midweek if they lost.