The Queen of the South thread

According to Wiki (I know ) he`s going to St Mirren.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Agnew

I saw that when I googled him so checked the reference. It came from the Dumbarton statement saying he wasn't extending his contract with them, they said it was likely he was going there. So basically it's speculation.

I saw that when I googled him so checked the reference. It came from the Dumbarton statement saying he wasn't extending his contract with them, they said it was likely he was going there. So basically it's speculation.

Cheers. Hadn`t picked up on that.

Suspect he might end up there but he might see sense I supose. :P

With basic wages of £580 over £840 per week, I know where he is going

You are quite right it`s amazing we sign anyone given how shit we are.

He`s likley to go to St Mirren and if it takes £840 per week i.e in excess of 40K per year they are welcome to him and good luck to the guy.

Queens have got to start training at Palmerston again. Cumbernauld is too far to attract the English. Save a lot of money too.

Dont you think lots of English players would sooner live in an exciting city like Glasgow and train in the Glasgow area rather than move to the lovely but quiet Dumfries. Will be alot harder to attract full time central belt players down so we would pretty much be restricted to guys from D & G and Carlisle

Edited by football maniac

With basic wages of £580 over £840 per week, I know where he is going

No way would he be on that with us. He'd struggle to get that if we were still in the Premiership

Rumour we're after Stephen McKenna too.

I'd prefer we didn't lose McKenna, particularly to a divisional rival, but he's not the key player he once was.

As I've said before I think Paul Burns is more than capable of playing the "McKenna role" and as a more complete player is a better option if anything. The way some people are talking they are expecting Burns to be winding down his career now that he is taking on a coaching role, but he's only 31. I fully expect him to be an important player for us next season.

The biggest blow about losing McKenna would be that it would be another player added to the list of "outs".

I'm still not overly concerned yet.

Edited by palmy_cammy

Even our under 17s could beat the South of Scotland sides. FFS we are probably the only main region in our country without an amateur league on a Saturday.

Would they, how many games did they win in the second half of the season?

The point is that Queens are too big of a club to be playing these sort of teams as a first team fixture.

Of course they are, but to say the 17's could beat the SOSL sides is being a bit disrespectful to them don't you think?

If Warburton and Weir take over at Sevco, will they come in with a last minute bid for Gav? After all they know he's a proven goal scorer in this league and they did take him down to Brentford to look at him.