The Queen of the South thread

I'm hoping so, to be fair Cowdenbeath fans seem to like brownlie, can't remember Rutherford and never seen anything of Higgins apart from highlights but he looked as though he could be a danger. Trusted fowler all last season so I'll do it again this.

Darren brownlie, Stevie Higgins and Shaun Rutherford all signed. I can't contain my excitement

Hmm, these signings are nowhere near as good as those we have lost. I'm not saying they won't turn out to be through time but I can see us struggling this season.

I would rather the money be spent on bring quality players in than a fancy trip abroad to train, looks good in the press though!

Hmm, these signings are nowhere near as good as those we have lost. I'm not saying they won't turn out to be through time but I can see us struggling this season. I would rather the money be spent on bring quality players in than a fancy trip abroad to train, looks good in the press though!

The club has paid for a players holiday for a few years. Usually its at the end of the season but this year its been moved to the start as a pre-season training camp. Doesnt affect the playing budget

Told ees we would sign Rutherford. Hopefully Agnew is next. Not convinced by Brownlies pedigree but we will see what happens. As has been said before Durnan couldn't get a sniff of the 1st team at St Johnstone but has been a standout for us. Would be good if we could sign a few more players with pedigree which doesn't necessarily mean they will be old.Defensively I think we are ok. We certainly need another centre mid and winger and I would reckon 2 more strikers. Hopefully a proven one at that. Someone like Dobbie would be good and cant imagine these 3 signings will be costing much so maybe there is room for 1 bigee

Told ees we would sign Rutherford. Hopefully Agnew is next. Not convinced by Brownlies pedigree but we will see what happens. As has been said before Durnan couldn't get a sniff of the 1st team at St Johnstone but has been a standout for us. Would be good if we could sign a few more players with pedigree which doesn't necessarily mean they will be old.Defensively I think we are ok. We certainly need another centre mid and winger and I would reckon 2 more strikers. Hopefully a proven one at that. Someone like Dobbie would be good and cant imagine these 3 signings will be costing much so maybe there is room for 1 bigee

Two more strikers would give us 5, including Smith. When did we last have five strikers in the squad?

We've kind of replaced like for like, so far, with all five signings, certainly in terms of age and experience. It'll be interesting to see if that continues with any further signings, who would effectively replace Carmichael, Paton and McKenna

I'm not sure what's more astonishing, the fact a few people fell for our resident zoomer's trolling, or the fact someone thought Boyd would be a good signing! :o

As for our actual signings, I'd imagine much like the majority of us, I know very little about them. They play in positions we required filling, and are in the age bracket we should be signing players from. So in that regard I'm more than happy to trust the club's judgement.

Three young signings with great potential anyone know out about Durnan when he first turned up? Trust in Fowler.

Fowler played with Brownlie the season before last at Cowden so knows what he's about. Brownlie's a good player. Quick strong and great in the air. Pity nichol signed him then stuck him on the bench most of the season.

Do you believe everything you read on the internet? :1eye

was just fishing for an opinion on how QoS fans might have reacted to some speculation... Lighten up, man!

So, yes clearly I believe everything I've ever read on the world wide interweb. Particularly the gossip on P&B.

Hmm, these signings are nowhere near as good as those we have lost. I'm not saying they won't turn out to be through time but I can see us struggling this season. I would rather the money be spent on bring quality players in than a fancy trip abroad to train, looks good in the press though!

We were never going to replace the young boys we lost with players of equal or greater quality. Any players that fell into that category would be looking for a bigger club than QoS. If we had the pulling power to bring those type of players then we likely wouldn't have lost our promising youngsters in the first place!

I think some folk need to realise we aren't as big a club as they think we are. The board are doing superbly off the park and in all honesty I'd be hoping within the next five years we are either in the top flight or at least seriously contending. The fact remains though that we aren't the type of club who will fork out transfer fees for big name players. We've had the last 2/3 good seasons based on a foundation of nurturing youth and that's the way we should be continuing to do things. I'm genuinely more happy about 3 under 21 year old's (aye ok, one is 21) joining us than I would be if we had just signed 3 28-30 year olds.

I think what QoS need to start doing is offering these youngsters 2/3 year deals* so we at least get a bit of cash if they are snatched off us.

*Not straight away mind you. That would be a massive risk. However, if these 3 lads were to have a steady season with us and we could all see they were destined for bigger things, then at that point I'd be hoping the board offer longer term contracts.

Edited by 19QOS19

Killie fan was saying the other day that Greg kiltie had been released be the ideal replacement to Carmichael

Kilmarnock have not released Greg Kiltie. He is out of contract and as far as I know has been offered a new one. Presume he hasnt yet signed it as I dont think they have announced anything.

On the topic of Shirts. Is there a picture of the black top anywhere? I mind someone said they liked the look of it but I've yet to see a pic.

They were on the OS on the shirt draw night. Pretty sure the photo was also on this thread if you go back to the back end of April.

They were on the OS on the shirt draw night. Pretty sure the photo was also on this thread if you go back to the back end of April.

Cheers. Page 553. What's worrying is that the first time they were posted on this site was by you.............. after quoting my post asking "Where can you see the strips?" :( My god my memory is rotten :(:(