The Queen of the South thread

Has been sitting in mainstand with the other crocks last few weeks, the need for another striker has become evident now, we cant rely on young Smith although think it may be time to give him a start or the oldies Heffernan & Lyle.

Wonder if we might appeal the Lyle red card?

An appeal used to cost £1000, which you don't get back either way of the result, dunno if this is still the case.

If so, it would be like chucking £1000 down the drain

An appeal used to cost £1000, which you don't get back either way of the result, dunno if this is still the case.

If so, it would be like chucking £1000 down the drain

The reason I raised it is that Stuart Lovell in TV pundit role suggested Rangers successfully appealed a card for something similar by Kris Boyd last season. TBH I can`t remember the Boyd incident and can`t be bothered to look for it. That plus Lovell could be talking crap of course.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

The reason i raised it is that Stuart Lovell in TV pundit role suggested Rangers successfully appealed a card for something similar by Kris Boyd last season. TBH I can`t remember the boyd incident and can`t be bothered to look for it. That plus Lovell could be talking carp of course.

For the appeal to be successful it would need Allen to change his mind, or admit he got it wrong, would it not?

Highly unlikely, I would have thought.

You would like to think, though, that the compliance officer will, shortly, be writing to Kiernan for his part in the whole thing. I wont hold my breath though

For the appeal to be successful it would need Allen to change his mind, or admit he got it wrong, would it not?

You would like to think, though, that the compliance officer will, shortly, be writing to Kiernan for his part in the whole thing. I wont hold my breath though

I`ve no idea. It would seem more reasonable that an appeal didn`t rely on an admission of error but would rather be an independant view of the "evidence". Suspect you might be correct though.

No. Even if the referee, having studied footage, stands by his original decision the panel can over-rule him. It's rare but it can happen, and did when we won our McKenna appeal at Kilmarnock a few seasons ago.

No. Even if the referee, having studied footage, stands by his original decision the panel can over-rule him. It's rare but it can happen, and did when we won our McKenna appeal at Kilmarnock a few seasons ago.

Was it not Crawford Allen that night as well? It was either that one or the game where he sent Smith off.

Edited by 19QOS19

The reason I raised it is that Stuart Lovell in TV pundit role suggested Rangers successfully appealed a card for something similar by Kris Boyd last season. TBH I can`t remember the Boyd incident and can`t be bothered to look for it. That plus Lovell could be talking crap of course.

I'm sure it was a head to head like the initial coming together with Lyle and the Rangers defender and TBH they should just send off any player that goes for that tribal movement, to send Lyle off for a movement with intent with no contact, then players who go head to head with contact is surely intent also I would say.

Id heard Lovell state the Boyd thing amongst other stuff, but felt he had his QOS tinted specs on with a lot of the decisions, I thot McCall was pretty fair considering he could have his Rangers tinted specs but Ive never known him to be like that.

I should have been clearer. I meant that I dont think there is anything in the footage that would make a panel over-turn the red card. Those kind of things are judgement calls and I'd be amazed if a panel over turned Allens judgement based on the tv footage.

I think the best we could hope for is Kiernan receives a retrospective red card and then at least both players have been treated equally.

Guest TOPFITTER

The mock outrage at Lyle's red card and the focus on the 2 Rangers players indescretions hopefully obviating the perceived injustice will not (I hope) bring the Compliance Officer's attention to Mark Millar's "slight step" on Zelalem was it? I just can't believe the yellow he got was for that more likely the actual foul. Was this game the worst for indiscilpine in the recent past, 6 yellows and a red ? hope it was a one off.

Bit concerned at discipline so far. Miller and Russell have 3 yellows in all competitions but worse than that Jacobs has 3 yellows in 4 league games (and in one of them he was subbed) halfway to a suspension already. Petrofac cup 4 yellows (2 matches) league cup 3 yellows (2 matches) league 11 yellows and 1 red (4 games)

I'm sure it was a head to head like the initial coming together with Lyle and the Rangers defender and TBH they should just send off any player that goes for that tribal movement, to send Lyle off for a movement with intent with no contact, then players who go head to head with contact is surely intent also I would say.

Id heard Lovell state the Boyd thing amongst other stuff, but felt he had his QOS tinted specs on with a lot of the decisions, I thot McCall was pretty fair considering he could have his Rangers tinted specs but Ive never known him to be like that.

I have watched our football for a long time as I am sure you have also. These decisions have - in the main- benefited rangers through the years / decades and nothing much will change . We just have to accept , no matter how harsh the decision, and move on.It will be some other opponent next time.

The red card lyle got was correct I'm still raging about his stupidity in fact id fine him 2 weeks wages for it at his age he should know better.

Yesterday was a bad day but time to move on agree with poster above marshal looks a fantastic prospect get him signed up Hutton on the other hand o dear.

I should have been clearer. I meant that I dont think there is anything in the footage that would make a panel over-turn the red card. Those kind of things are judgement calls and I'd be amazed if a panel over turned Allens judgement based on the tv footage.

Fowler said something similar in a radio interview today.

I suspect that nothing much can be done about this and we should just get on with it.

It was however an absolutely horrendous decision and a complete and utter injustice. I've obviously seen loads of errors and bad decisions down the years, but I don't think I've ever before seen something so extreme in the disparity in sanctions dished out to two people, both equally guilty of nothing very much. I think we would have lost anyway, but there's no doubt that the officials wilfully removed any doubt.

Sickening stuff.