The General Ross County Chat Thread

20 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Woahhh, settle down. This is Owen Coyle we’re talking about here.

I know, I know but allow me to dream. Just imagine Davis Keillor-Dunn (arguably our player of the year with Naismith) being able to get into the starting XI too!

Crazy suggestions I know but what if...

I know, I know but allow me to dream. Just imagine Davis Keillor-Dunn (arguably our player of the year with Naismith) being able to get into the starting XI too!
Crazy suggestions I know but what if...

On that note, why was DKD not in the squad yesterday? Was he injured/suspended?

I think Routis is proving himself to be a useful centre-back, so I guess that position is probably sorted in OC's eyes.  (It's funny that McIntyre saw Routis as a box-to-box, attack-minded midfielder, now Routis is back to being half-way between centre-back and holding midfielder.)

We could do with a quality left-back, but there's not been a hint yet that we will see that.

We need speed on the wing, but we got Eagles and out-of-position strikers.  If OC can convince Schalk to put his all into playing wide in the 4-3-3 - something that Schalk moved to Scotland to get away from - then we might be on to something, but that's unlikely.

We only play one striker, so why do we have five of them now?  (Six including Morrison who is back from Dumbarton).

OC has eight days to get the transfer strategy right, but it seems pretty skewed at the moment.

Edited by bunglebonce

A left-back + a winger and the squad looks good. A small spring clean is also needed: Kelly, McKay (or Schalk), and Lindsay can all exit stage right.

Coyle just needs to work out the right formation. I’d have Eagles as a #10, with Draper and O’Brien behind him. Of course, Tansey’ loan deal might make that unworkable. 

N’Gog as a starter in the long-run presumably, with Effiong being a useful option from the bench.

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Football Manager 2007

That's harsh, more like FM2011.

Either way I don't know what to make of this signing for Ross County.  N'Gog has never really had much of a scoring record but he was also playing at higher levels for most of his career.  

Interesting to say the least

Harry Souttar

Young Stoke Centre Back. Only ever made 2 appearances for Dundee United before signing for Stoke (make of that what you will).

Just a rumour I saw from a Stoke fan page on twitter. Don’t have a clue if there’s any truth in it or not.