The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

3-0 up at half time vs Nairn, Matthew Wright hattrick.

Some squad number klaxons for those who like such things, which is everyone :

Reid 43

Allerdice 6

Turner 7

Sheaf 12

Henderson 17

Murray 15

Guessing Brophy will be 9 and number 4 is open for a new centre back. 

Pretty routine friendly , 3 good finishes from wright, the pass for purrington and cross from reid were just quality for the first goal.

the 2nd half wasn’t so great but that can be expected with new players and young players just trying to bed in.

My takes from the game are sheaf is a big unit , turner looked tidy on the ball , Reid and Henderson had great deliveries, Mackinnon and Ewan look decent 

28 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Congratulations to Viktor Loturi for getting his first cap for Canada last night. 69th minute sub for Junior Hoilett, in a 4-2 win over Cuba 👏

Good to see.  Can only enhance the club’s reputation.  I assume we owe his previous club more cash now? 

10 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Pretty routine friendly , 3 good finishes from wright, the pass for purrington and cross from reid were just quality for the first goal.

the 2nd half wasn’t so great but that can be expected with new players and young players just trying to bed in.

My takes from the game are sheaf is a big unit , turner looked tidy on the ball , Reid and Henderson had great deliveries, Mackinnon and Ewan look decent 

Were Purrington and Ewan the centre-backs in the first half?

24 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Were Purrington and Ewan the centre-backs in the first half?

Yes, it was a 3412 in the first half, it looked good. Midfield of Sims, McKinnon, Allardice & Reid. Reid able to slip back to the left side to make it a 4 if required.

2nd half started as a 442, but switched to a 3 with Harmon moving forward & Ewan coming on, beside Baldwin and Smith. MacLeod went to DM.

442 didn't work too well.

A very useful friendly indeed imo. 1st half stand outs were Reid, McKinnon, Dhanda and a very sharp Wright. We kept pushing the ball out right to Sims, who kept over hitting it, we were far more dangerous down the left were Reid looked very lively.

2nd half, Turner & Sheaf were the CM Sheaf is tall and very forward thinking always looking to pass and get himself forward. Henderson was constantly demanding the ball and looked good on our right. Smith is a VERY good player, so calm in possession. From yesterday, I'd say Murray & Wright are our best starting two forwards.

One warm up game in and things seem positive.

Also I saw a few wearing the new away top, the maroon looks almost brown, I'm definitely not a fan.

Edited by Sensible Soccer🏴

11 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

My main takeaway from the game tonight was that Nairn’s pie stall is significantly better than our own. It’s got me all sad - just want Deas back. 

Agree, Deas pies are the best 

Edited by tormid
Autosprll

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Two more “positions” to bring in, according to the manager.  Centre back and right side, most likely. 

So two central midfielders, then.

41 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I really like the volleyed second goal. He made that look so easy, I’m not sure every forward in the squad could do the same. 

I like the first goal because it’s the first open play goal I can remember in months that didn’t start with County winning the ball back thirty yards from goal. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I like the first goal because it’s the first open play goal I can remember in months that didn’t start with County winning the ball back thirty yards from goal. 

Cross was pinpoint from reid too , more of that this season will be nice! 
Henderson also looked capable of good consistent deliveries