The General Ross County Chat Thread

55 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

If you think Staggies is better than the Caley and have tried both, I’d give up drinking.

Last time I was in Staggies they ran out of whisky! The Caley serves the best Guinness in Dingwall, has a good range of malts, just a standard pub, but none the worst for that.

In fairness, I just mentioned the Staggies because of its proximity to the ground. I don’t drink in it myself, but the St J fan above might have just wanted somewhere extremely close.

6 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

If you think Staggies is better than the Caley and have tried both, I’d give up drinking.

Last time I was in Staggies they ran out of whisky! The Caley serves the best Guinness in Dingwall, has a good range of malts, just a standard pub, but none the worst for that.

A good Guinness and range of malts is a good sell. 

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I take it we’ve all seen Malky’s latest word salad. Genuinely at a loss to discover whatever he means by his statement, but go off!

That's a bit rich, if your going to have a go at someone for his "word salad" you'd be best typing your post correctly.

Wtf does ...but go off! mean?

Btw I've not seen/heard any MM statement today or yesterday. What does he (try to) say?

A weird feeling today , we scored 2 goals and had a decent start to the game but shot ourselves in the foot , the first 2 goals easily avoided, sims really reckless with the challenge then who knows what Baldwin was thinking at the 2nd.

Refreshing seeing us try to take it to them but ultimately ended with the usual result.

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

That's a bit rich, if your going to have a go at someone for his "word salad" you'd be best typing your post correctly.

Wtf does ...but go off! mean?

Btw I've not seen/heard any MM statement today or yesterday. What does he (try to) say?

Work that one out.

I think you’re reading too much into that.  He’s basically saying his players aren’t clinical enough - and that Celtic aren’t all that great.  I’m no fan of Malky on a many level, but there’s not much he’s saying that I’d take issue with in that clip.  

It was, however our fourth or fifth competitive match and Celtic’s first, but it was as well as they’ve played at Veltic in the league for a good few years.  

19 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It was, however our fourth or fifth competitive match and Celtic’s first, but it was as well as they’ve played at Veltic in the league for a good few years.  

Likewise at Tynecastle this time last year, which took 45 mins for Hearts to wake up. It was a false dawn then but the squad is mostly better equipped now. 

22 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I think you’re reading too much into that.  He’s basically saying his players aren’t clinical enough - and that Celtic aren’t all that great.  I’m no fan of Malky on a many level, but there’s not much he’s saying that I’d take issue with in that clip.  

I agreed with his general analysis of the game, however saying we would’ve been “2-0 up if we were a European team” is a bonkers comment to make and doesn’t make any sense.

56 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I agreed with his general analysis of the game, however saying we would’ve been “2-0 up if we were a European team” is a bonkers comment to make and doesn’t make any sense.

My interpretation of that is that foreign referees don't kowtow to Glasgow's gruesome twosome in the same way that Scottish referees do, because those foreign officials don't have to worry about the safety of their wives and children or the prospect of having their windows smashed to smithereens. Not awarding County a penalty for minimal contact, followed by awarding Celtic a penalty for minimal contact is the equivalent of a two goal swing.

10 minutes ago, Squonk said:

My interpretation of that is that foreign referees don't kowtow to Glasgow's gruesome twosome in the same way that Scottish referees do, because those foreign officials don't have to worry about the safety of their wives and children or the prospect of having their windows smashed to smithereens. Not awarding County a penalty for minimal contact, followed by awarding Celtic a penalty for minimal contact is the equivalent of a two goal swing.

The referee got both decisions spot on yesterday though.

I see Malky has come out in the P&J to say Yan Dhanda is going nowhere. Which I certainly didn't expect 2 months ago, I figured there was no way County would hold on to him. Would be nice if we didn't just hoof the ball from back to front so much so we could actually utilise him but hey, baby steps.

9 minutes ago, forkboy said:

I see Malky has come out in the P&J to say Yan Dhanda is going nowhere. Which I certainly didn't expect 2 months ago, I figured there was no way County would hold on to him. Would be nice if we didn't just hoof the ball from back to front so much so we could actually utilise him but hey, baby steps.

I thought we played through him more on Saturday at Parkhead than we did all year last season. Hopefully he’s finally realised that Dhanda is our primary creator. Quite enjoyed seeing him come off the left and cutting in on his stronger side.

Malky refers to "not this window" and "not this year" i.e. there will surely be offers on the table come January.

If Dhanda makes another 20-odd starts at the same level of performance then there's no doubt that there will be offers then.

I think we just have to enjoy him while he's here.

If we receive offers for him in January, I still believe we should hold onto him until the end of the season. Yes - he’s available to leave on a free at the end of the season. However, the difference between him in the team and not is night and day so I’d rather have him leave for a free in June and get a full season out of probably the best player in the bottom six, than get a pittance of a fee that we will definitely not be able to find a player of his calibre for and slide down the table. 

6 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Any of you itk folks know who our NEW center half is? 

Official Twitter feed is hinting at a new signing.

Jesse Debrahs apparently been failing medicals all over England, so have been wondering if he'd end up with you eventually.